News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Five Reasons For A Dirty Harry 6  (Read 20085 times)
Wirral Writer

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 11, 2014, 07:53:33 AM »

Do you think that Clint Eastwood should make one final Dirty Harry movie, despite the fact that he is much older now? Well, here's five reasons why a Dirty Harry 6 could still be a feasible idea:

http://whatculture.com/film/5-reasons-dirty-harry-6-still-good-idea.php#comment-1843104
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 12:04:19 AM by The Schofield Kid » Logged

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 08:01:40 AM »

Do you think that Clint Eastwood should make one final Dirty Harry movie, despite the fact that he is much older now? Well, here's five reasons why a Dirty Harry 6 could still be a feasible idea:

My opinion is NO.
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 08:52:13 AM »

My opinion is NO.

just like Lin. : NO

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 05:16:25 PM »

Only if Eastwood directs son Kyle as a young Harry....

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 06:36:56 PM »

Only if Eastwood directs son Kyle as a young Harry....
Or son Scott as a younger Harry. ;)
The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

"There are two kinds of men in this world"

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 01:59:31 AM »

Or.....If Harry is presented as the 80s yo person that Eastwood actually is, physically limited by age compared to 40s as is the unfortunate norm, BUT with an alert mind and with an undiminished sense of morality and right and wrong.

It can be made to work. Columbo was not a physical ball of fire but was very, very, clever. And had a relentless sense of justice. So could 80s yo Harry be made to work with the right plot.

"In all the excitement I lost count myself'
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 03:30:13 PM »

Maybe there should be a Dirty Harry 6 and Harry meets the same fate @ the end like Walt in Gran Torino. Anything to end these discussions.
Officer Astrachan

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 09:55:29 AM »

NO!!
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 10:05:53 PM »

I'd forgotten about Scott KC..... That's not a bad idea.... :)

rr-electricangel

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 01:28:44 AM »

The audience would probably be open to Scott in the role but he is only 28. Needs about 15 more years of chiseling before attempting that role.

Clint Eastwood's words of wisdom: "Take your profession seriously; don't take yourself seriously. Don't take yourself seriously in the process, because you really only matter to a certain degree in the whole circus out here."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 06:11:00 AM »

He could do a prequel ... The Youth of Dirty Harry;)
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2014, 01:07:23 AM »

Well it's a better idea than watching an 80 year old Harry in action...

B.C.
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2014, 06:29:51 PM »

If anything, Clint could reprise his Callahan role but considering his age could be called upon to help solve a cold case of his.  He could be possibly brought out if retirement but not necessarily needed.  Enter Scott Eastwod to play the younger Harry Callahan to tell the story of the case as it unfolded and ultimately solved by the older, now retired, Callahan.  Well, maybe Eastwood would narrate a little, explaining what's happening as Scott is playing the younger Harry.  It'd be a perfect opportunity to see who dubbed him"Dirty" Harry (much like how viewers were given insight as to how Dr. McCoy got his nickname, "Bones" in 2009's rebooted StarTrek).  This could even be a vehicle as an introduction to early partners and partners-to-be like DiGeorgio.  Something along the lines of the TV series Cold Case, of which one of it's stars was Jeremy Ratchford, who was in Unforgiven.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2014, 08:21:49 PM »

I like the idea of someone playing a young DiGeorgio ... a skinny kid.
Whistledixie

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2014, 08:32:11 PM »

Sounds like a winner, Jed. I'd made the same comment about the Star Trek reboot as an example of a revisit done well, and would be a good model as you propose. Now all that's left is to ask Clint and Scott to clear their schedules, far as I can tell...this thing sounds like it's takin' off of its own accord!
rr-electricangel

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2014, 04:36:12 AM »

Quote from: Gant

I would recommend Harry be as far removed from police work as possible. He is simply NOT a detective anymore. Youth does have to be inserted into any future Dirty Harry flick. I'm just surprised (Well, more like shocked) that nothing has ever surfaced about how to do it. It's like the new Godzilla movie. Give the project to a new hungry director that has nothing to lose...they are usually the most focused and fearless.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 04:56:16 AM by rr-electricangel » Logged

Clint Eastwood's words of wisdom: "Take your profession seriously; don't take yourself seriously. Don't take yourself seriously in the process, because you really only matter to a certain degree in the whole circus out here."
B.C.
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 06:16:36 AM »

Come on, he could chase the bad guys down in his wheelchair, ala Ironside, right?!

Ok, it's a reclincer, not a wheelchair but the best I could do...

...and maybe his parking space would be labeled accordingly:

B.C.
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 06:20:39 AM »

I would recommend Harry be as far removed from police work as possible. He is simply NOT a detective anymore. Youth does have to be inserted into any future Dirty Harry flick. I'm just surprised (Well, more like shocked) that nothing has ever surfaced about how to do it. It's like the new Godzilla movie. Give the project to a new hungry director that has nothing to lose...they are usually the most focused and fearless.

I misread this quote originally, thinking it stated youth does "not" have to be inserted.  Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:34:39 PM by Jed Cooper » Logged
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 01:28:10 PM »

While I understand the impulse to have Eastwood be a supporting performer in a new Dirty Harry movie on account of his advanced age, I feel like while it would be more realistic that this wouldn't really be satisfying for most of Eastwood's fan base. I doubt that Eastwood's fans would want to see Eastwood take a backseat to a younger Harry, even if that younger Harry was his son. One of the primary reasons that "A Perfect World" was not successful domestically was because Kevin Costner was the star and Eastwood played a supporting, reduced role that was uncharacteristic of what was typical for him as an actor.
B.C.
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 01:39:32 PM »

While I understand the impulse to have Eastwood be a supporting performer in a new Dirty Harry movie on account of his advanced age, I feel like while it would be more realistic that this wouldn't really be satisfying for most of Eastwood's fan base. I doubt that Eastwood's fans would want to see Eastwood take a backseat to a younger Harry, even if that younger Harry was his son. One of the primary reasons that "A Perfect World" was not successful domestically was because Kevin Costner was the star and Eastwood played a supporting, reduced role that was uncharacteristic of what was typical for him as an actor.

I misread electricangel's quote, thinking youth should "not" be inserted.  Sorry about my error.

I see what you mean about fans not wanting Eastwood to take a backseat to a younger Harry and I agree in that I wouldn't want him doing so if the sequel's main character was "Dirty Harry, Jr."  I do, however, feel it would work just as I outlined above, in that he'd be either coming out of retirement or even just helping on an old case of his, with his real life son, Scott, playing the younger Callahan.  To be honest, at Clint's age I think that's the only possible scenario that would be successful and satisfying.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T