News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Five Reasons For A Dirty Harry 6  (Read 18644 times)
Shannonsmith1993

Email
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2015, 10:37:40 AM »

Or heck have both Scott and Kyle in it. And possibly Allison and Francesca in some sort of small role. Make it a family thing being his last acting role. Clints kids all pretty much have some acting experience. I mean it's in the gene pool. But seriously I really think Clint should act in one final movie with at least one of his kids in it. Scott bring the most obvious choice. I really liked Trouble with the Curve but I would like to see Clint end it with one final drama or cop type movie.
http://www.etonline.com/news/159927_scott_eastwood_is_already_thinking_about_having_kids_sings_some_tina_turner/. Scott even mentions the fact he may want to do another one with him  :)
“Mount Everest…. Kids -- two or three,” Scott answered, before adding he’s also hoping to do another film with his dad.
Whistledixie

View Profile Email
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2015, 08:34:29 AM »

On the Sully production thread, AKA23 posted a link to a really good Clint interview with Mario Lopez, saying that he has no plans to act again. But what struck me was this:

"[Eastwood] also revealed to Mario that he isn’t looking to be in front of the camera again anytime soon. 'Not trying for it, if someday it works out, the last really good role I had, I did Trouble with the Curve, but I had Gran Torino, and that picture seemed to resonate really well with everybody... someday, maybe somebody will come up with a really good role that fits my curmudgeon personality.' "

http://extratv.com/2015/11/13/clint-eastwood-talks-politics/

Now he's just toying with us. Harry is a pretty good curmudgeon. He doesn't have to be an action hero, it would just be fun to see what a cantankerous old hardcase he's become. It would only make him madder and more volatile.
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2015, 12:23:02 AM »

Yes I agree with both of you. If it's going to happen Clint would have to be Harry no doubt about it. And like you said Jed either working on an old case or helping out his son who would be played by Scott. I prefer him helping out Scott in same way. Not to contradict myself but I also can see where many people don't want another Harry movie. Because doing too many can ruin a good thing. I do understand and see that side of it.  Sometimes sequels and remakes can ruin a great series. Take Friday the 13th movies for example. But in this instance I'm actually fit one more Harry movie as long as Scott's in it. Espicially if that would be Eastwoods final movie ever to act in. What a way to end his acting career on with his son and arguably his most famous role. With that said like me and you have discussed Jed that wouldn't necessarily have to be it for Eastwood as far as acting goes. But realistically if it did happen it would be in the next few yrs making Eastwood even older. And he's said before that he really has no intentions to act anymore unless it's a perfect role for him.
Shannonsmith1993

Email
« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2015, 07:48:49 AM »

Someone should write or at least try writing the perfect Dirty Harry 6 script and send it to Clint. I would but I'm too chicken  O0
Whistledixie

View Profile Email
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2015, 08:07:34 PM »

Someone should write or at least try writing the perfect Dirty Harry 6 script and send it to Clint. I would but I'm too chicken  O0
I would but I don't feel lucky.

But if we did, I'd like one where Scott was a young Harry and that showed how he got his nickname. Was thinking about it the other day, how it would have to be something kinda epic but believable. Maybe combining both meanings of dirty...as in "playing dirty" and "a dirty mind," since both are alluded to at different times in the first film. Using a prostitute to double cross a bad guy or the like? That reads kinda flat, but I'd spend some time figuring it out...
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2015, 09:50:24 AM »

A prequel ... starring Scott Eastwood. You may finally have drawn my attention to the idea of another Dirty HarryO0
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2015, 11:17:09 AM »

The more that I think about the prequel idea the more I like it.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Whistledixie

View Profile Email
« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2015, 12:24:03 PM »

You could also show the incident where Harry has a 9mm bounce off a windshield and he decides to carry the .44 cannon...then have the event that earns him the name Dirty Harry be the one where he first unleashes it to great effect. Not just bringing down a bad guy perhaps, but shooting a chain to drop a payload on a nut with a machine gun or something.

In a previous post I suggested he (Scott) first be called "Pretty Harry," then after the defining event his partner says: "Not so pretty after all. Hell no, you're dirty, Harry..." And the name sticks. Then cut to him holstering the Magnum and giving his best Clint Eastwood squint to a dramatic musical surge...  ;D

And of course the whole story of his partners and his wife's death could be major threads. Fodder for the real junkies (and every junkie could use a good fodder...lord knows their mutter ain't done 'em no good).
Whistledixie

View Profile Email
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2015, 02:27:47 PM »

[Eastwood said] "I had Gran Torino, and that picture seemed to resonate really well with everybody... someday, maybe somebody will come up with a really good role that fits my curmudgeon personality."

. . .Now he's just toying with us. Harry is a pretty good curmudgeon. He doesn't have to be an action hero, it would just be fun to see what a cantankerous old hardcase he's become. It would only make him madder and more volatile.

He's also already done the non-Harry Harry with Gran Torino. Might as well do the real one this time if he wants to go curmudgeon...athough I do have a nice little noir story based on my dad, two years Clint's junior, that happens to partially take place in San Francisco... ::)
Shannonsmith1993

Email
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2015, 09:06:40 PM »

I would but I don't feel lucky.

But if we did, I'd like one where Scott was a young Harry and that showed how he got his nickname. Was thinking about it the other day, how it would have to be something kinda epic but believable. Maybe combining both meanings of dirty...as in "playing dirty" and "a dirty mind," since both are alluded to at different times in the first film. Using a prostitute to double cross a bad guy or the like? That reads kinda flat, but I'd spend some time figuring it out...

I'll try writing a story like that and try sending it to Clint. I'm currently writing a movie script and thinking of sending it to Clint and seeing if he liked it
Whistledixie

View Profile Email
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2015, 01:56:16 PM »

I'll try writing a story like that and try sending it to Clint. I'm currently writing a movie script and thinking of sending it to Clint and seeing if he liked it

My only suggestion is to be prepared for the possibility that he won't read it/them, for reasons discussed earlier in the thread. Trust me, it's possible to "know" that's a possibility when you write and still be a wee bit disappointed (or more) when you're told to hit the road or receive no response at all. On the plus side, acerbic bitterness born of rejection is a good voice for a writer. On the down side, it requires rejection to the point of acerbic bitterness.
B.C.
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2015, 04:27:35 AM »

Stallone is getting some nice notices for Creed, so yes, anything is possible.  My offer to co-write a screenplay for Harry to come out of retirement to help solve a cold case of his with Scott playing the younger Callahan still stands.  A damn good idea for a story if I do say so my damn self.   8)
Whistledixie

View Profile Email
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2015, 06:39:41 AM »

^ And though he hasn't been here adding to the conversation as of late, rr-electricangel gets some credit for actually breaching the subject of a split-era flashback storyline, though it was before Scott Eastwood became an option (he wanted Hugh Jackman). His screenplay did however include him solving a cold case whose roots were when he started as a cop, and showed how he "became" Harry. I recall a bit about his wife giving him the red sweater vest, for instance. (He also adopted the name for her from my screenplay, Marilyn, which I still like.) So he should get his props as part of the class action, er, I mean credit for helping nurture the idea, too. Though it was Jed's idea of Scott in the role that sold me on it...and I see a different storyline than rr's.

I'd find it kind of interesting to flesh out a storyline here online, but then I've already written my version. Could be a "too many cooks" situation anyway. And though I caution about disappointment for all your effort, it's not happening in a vacuum, and your advantage might just be that it'd be just my luck to be shut down completely, then have someone else say, "Hey everyone, Clint read my script!" Lol...

Maybe we can get one of those tweeter or facepage social media petitions going to convince him to do another Harry. Then send him lots of snail mail letters asking him to please join tweeter or facepage in order to see them and be convinced. (One assumes he's not on these platforms, though I couldn't confirm.)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T