News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Five Reasons For A Dirty Harry 6  (Read 31054 times)
Smitty1993

Hey there

View Profile Email
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2014, 08:21:08 PM »

I'd probably say Hugh Jackman he exactly looks like Clint!

Do you feel lucky punk 😀
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2014, 09:10:40 PM »

Smitty, you might be interested in these old threads:

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/?topic=3300.0

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=5818.0

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=4769.0

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/?topic=5812.0

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/?topic=7247.0

This topic tends to come up quite a bit. Obviously a lot of people think Hugh Jackman looks like Clint Eastwood, but I don't see it, personally.
The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

"There are two kinds of men in this world"

View Profile Email
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2014, 11:36:48 PM »

House. Hugh Laurie.

Overall appearance enough like Harry in Dead Pool to pick up soon after Dead Pool.

No doubt in my mind that he could handle the acting, including the famous Harry attitude.

But I wanna see all the cool 1959 cars. 59 Impala convertibles. 59 Chrysler 300s. Edsels. Nash Metropolitans.

Merry New Year!
Manwith
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 11:44:10 PM by The Man With No Aim » Logged

"In all the excitement I lost count myself'
samcasey

View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2015, 07:31:48 AM »

I don't think so!
Too old for this kind of film
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2015, 09:59:26 AM »

I personally would not be interested in any kind of Dirty Harry film that wasnt set in the 1970's.. Thats where Harry belongs.

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Whistledixie

View Profile Email
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2015, 01:16:13 AM »

…how about a flashback/prequel that starts with Clint as Harry now, old and bent at a city council meeting and barking about the cops in his neighborhood and the punks who keep busting into cars at night, asking once again if they don't have a single cop on the force worth a damn that could maybe drop by some time and pick one of them up…“Like the one I had trapped in a car for half an hour last week before he figured out it had two doors. Or your permission to shoot his a** myself next time if the police can't be bothered.”

On the way out of session an older member tells a staffer to get used to Harry and starts to talk about him. Enter Scott Eastwood in the flashback...who they dub “Pretty Harry” when he starts as detective, until the first time he pulls a 'Harry' in order to catch the bad guy, then they say: "Not so pretty after all. Hell no…you're dirty, Harry." And the name sticks. 

The primary storyline would be the origin story with Scott and the current day a vehicle to move it, but also have older Harry ultimately snag the punks who are busting into cars at the end...by organizing the neighborhood to face their computer cams out the window at night in all the surrounding blocks, fed to a single database of screens that he mans, as we learn in the reveal at the end, leading to him handing cops the punks on a platter. Then at the next city council meeting have him start by saying, “By the way, Councilman Jenkins, the next time you call a constituent a miserable b*stard  down a hallway, make sure it’s one that can’t hear you. And doesn’t have a better record of fighting crime from behind a desk than you do.” (Is Harry too old to run for city council? I smell a sequel.)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:17:29 AM by Whistledixie » Logged
Smitty1993

Hey there

View Profile Email
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2015, 04:56:42 AM »

I've got an idea... So you all remember how in number 1 his wife died right? Well how about this... He had a son left him ( Scott maybe) with his grandparents, he joins the police force, Clint gives him his case since he's moved up to commissioner. Clint could also direct it if he wanted to. They could call the film Son Of Dirty Harry  :)

Do you feel lucky punk 😀
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2015, 02:39:27 AM »

I like it Smitty. I am usually not a big fan of making another movie after it's been so long ago from the last one.  But in this instance I like it. I have for awhile now felt like Clint should act one final time in either a western (if he could pull it off) or in a cop movie like your proposed Dirty Harry 6. And I feel like Scott should be his co star in either one as well. Same goes for Rocky Balboa. That was a great idea because the 5th Rocky really didn't end the series on a positive note. But Rocky Balboa did. But ya I defenately feel like Clint should act one final time with his son Scott being the co star. That would put a punctuation mark on a legendary iconic acting career for Clint.
Smitty1993

Hey there

View Profile Email
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2015, 04:10:43 PM »

I was almost like or maybe Kyle but he doesn't act any more, but then again if Kyle did that'd be perfect especially since Kyle is around the age were Clint did number 3 I believe um 47? But yeah that'd be perfect as I said

Do you feel lucky punk 😀
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2015, 01:32:48 AM »

Or heck have both Scott and Kyle in it. And possibly Allison and Francesca in some sort of small role. Make it a family thing being his last acting role. Clints kids all pretty much have some acting experience. I mean it's in the gene pool. But seriously I really think Clint should act in one final movie with at least one of his kids in it. Scott bring the most obvious choice. I really liked Trouble with the Curve but I would like to see Clint end it with one final drama or cop type movie.
Shannonsmith1993

Email
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2015, 07:32:16 AM »

My thoughts exactly  :)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2015, 08:57:24 AM »

I still think my idea for Scott Eastwood to play a young Dirty Harry with the elder Eastwood reprising his role to help with one of his cold cases would be fantastic.  He would provide voiceovers, too (but not too much). 

Ok, anyone interested in co-writing a screenplay we can submit to Malpaso?!   O0

I know this is from the book series, but was curious to see what would come up when I did a search for a Dirty Harry 6 logo on the internet.   8)

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2015, 10:47:22 AM »

I didn't realize there was such a resemblance.

But, I don't think he'd ever consider it. It would be like Sean Lennon joining Beatlemania. You have to make your own way in the world.

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2015, 01:24:11 PM »

^^^Good point, Matt but if a Lennon son were going to cover Beatles songs I'd prefer Julian over Sean.  I think he'd fit the bill better.  He's already established himself so why not cover Beatles material at this point?  Not only that, but his dad's solo catalog.  It's like Nelson, Matthew and Gunnar.  They had success on their own and have been performing their dad's stuff live off and on for a while now.  They're quite good.  Lisa Marie has put out a handful of albums (they're all horrible) so she could cover her dad's material.  She's already done a few "duets" that's far better than what she's done on her own; Don't Cry Daddy and In The Ghetto to name a couple. 

So yes, it's true Scott has a ways to go to see whether or not he's proven but I'd still like to see it happen.  If they're going to do it, it should be sooner than later considering the elder Eastwood's age.   

Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2015, 03:07:44 PM »

^^^Good point, Matt but if a Lennon son were going to cover Beatles songs I'd prefer Julian over Sean.  I think he'd fit the bill better.  He's already established himself so why not cover Beatles material at this point?  Not only that, but his dad's solo catalog.  It's like Nelson, Matthew and Gunnar.  They had success on their own and have been performing their dad's stuff live off and on for a while now.  They're quite good.  Lisa Marie has put out a handful of albums (they're all horrible) so she could cover her dad's material.  She's already done a few "duets" that's far better than what she's done on her own; Don't Cry Daddy and In The Ghetto to name a couple. 

So yes, it's true Scott has a ways to go to see whether or not he's proven but I'd still like to see it happen.  If they're going to do it, it should be sooner than later considering the elder Eastwood's age.   

Yes Jed,  I think they should do it.  I dont think Scott cares about all that.  He has a lot of admiration for his dad and it appears they have a great relationship.  I have a feeling Scott will be just fine making his own way.  That's just my opinion.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2015, 05:46:33 PM »

Yes Jed,  I think they should do it.  I dont think Scott cares about all that.  He has a lot of admiration for his dad and it appears they have a great relationship.  I have a feeling Scott will be just fine making his own way.  That's just my opinion.

Hey, Rawhide7.  Sadly, it probably won't happen.  It's as likely as Eastwood starring in another western.  Still, he's got an incredible legacy that he only keeps adding interesting and entertaining films to.  We can always hope, though, can't we?  ;)

Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2015, 09:12:25 PM »

You know I wonder if anybody has approached this idea to Clint.  Or if hes even thought about it or considered doing it.  Talking about not only doing one more Dirty Harry but costarring with his son Scott.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2015, 06:12:36 AM »

You know I wonder if anybody has approached this idea to Clint.  Or if hes even thought about it or considered doing it.  Talking about not only doing one more Dirty Harry but costarring with his son Scott.

I bet he's heard ideas not long after wrapping The Dead Pool in 1988.  I'm sure he'd consider looking at something submitted in screenplay form.  If I had the time, patience and talent I would've done so myself by now.  Not only that, but I'd have submitted one for another western, too.  I'd have Duvall costarring, possibly with Costner since they were great together in Open Range.  My offer still stand for a collaboration on Dirty Harry 6!  8)

Whistledixie

View Profile Email
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2015, 11:24:04 PM »

I'm sure he'd consider looking at something submitted in screenplay form.

He won’t read screenplays…no one will, except through an agent. The script for The Enforcer was dropped off at his bar in Carmel but those days are long gone (it was also heavily rewritten, for what it’s worth). No unsolicited scripts. If you send one, it will be sent back unopened. They won’t take the chance on someone saying their ideas were stolen. Worst case scenario, Jed, having your great idea online may be the reason they can’t use it. Oh sure, you say they can use it now. But just wait till that money starts rolling in and someone else is driving your Lamborghini…  ;D

I wouldn’t write another one after trying it once. Posted it online here, because might as well do something with it. Tried to cannibalize it for other stories but it made no sense without Clint. Was a shot in the dark anyway, so what are you gonna do? Ricocheted off the windshield like a 9mm. Besides, I’m finally convinced. He’s too old. Yeah, yeah, there was a time I thought he could still pull it off. But now, naaaw. He’s right. He ain’t got it in him no more…do ya, Mr. Munny? (Shhh, don’t give away my clever charade.)

But I should point out that he could’ve filmed my story Still Dirty at the time he did Trouble With the Curve; it pitted populist outrage against political power, an arena that worked pretty well for him with American Sniper…though Sniper was obviously much more than that, those kinds of issues didn’t hurt him; and the main banker named Donald Stack was based on Donald Trump. Put it all together and I say he had the ingredients for a well-timed hit, but for my being smacked down with “Nope, no way, not gonna happen” on another Dirty Harry. Told no thanks and get my “But, but, but” out of there (despite it being a phone call). Whatevs! See if I try to deliver a timely blockbuster to a timeless star again. I’ll just go pound sand instead.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 12:12:56 AM by Whistledixie » Logged
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2015, 02:53:32 PM »

That's understandable.  I mean, it would be great if someone could get the idea of Scott playing a younger Callahan, pre-Dirty Harry even.  I agree hat Clint's too old to play Dirty Harry, but he'll never be too old to play an older Dirty Harry. 

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T