News: THE MULE, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood: now on disc and streaming!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how to meet the man?  (Read 12942 times)
frankster

View Profile Email
« on: May 20, 2012, 02:01:55 AM »

my wife  has 1 item in her bucket list, and that is to see or meet Mr eastwood.does he ever have time to go do book signing tours or events that us normal folk could get near and just say hello?? we live in Seattle washington. i wouldn't have much trouble driving a few hundred miles for her to say hi to Mr wonderful, me doing this for her would make me even more Mr wonderful. my parents live in suprise Arizona, i heard he may live in AZ. do things come up down there? in short, does anyone have any good ideas on how i could do this for my wife? buying a poster of him is not a valid solution. sorry for any miss spelling, my glasses are broken and this text is small. this would really be awesome, so if anyone could give me some realistic ideas, that would be great. i don't know if people do tours or even list places they go. i/we have never wanted to bother an actor with an introduction, but this is pretty important to her, and i love her allot. thank you for your time. Frank
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 09:51:15 AM »

I think it's so nice that you want to do this for your wife. Clint Eastwood's main home is in Carmel, CA. I am not aware of any homes in AZ. As for book signings and the like, Clint Eastwood has never written a book, and doesn't do book signings. He does own the Mission Ranch Inn, which is a hotel and restaurant in Carmel, CA. I have been there, and it is very nice. The locals say he sometimes does frequent the restaurant and piano bar, so your best bet to meet him would probably be there, but there is really no way of knowing when he might show up, so if you're looking for some kind of guaranteed event, I'm not aware of any. He does tend to go to the Carmel Art and Film Festival. I saw him on stage last year presenting an award, but didn't get to meet him, so I'm not sure that would necessarily accomplish your goal either. I believe he does present that award every year, so if you just want to see him onstage, that might work. If it were me, I probably wouldn't go out of my way purely for the purposes of meeting him, because you may be disappointed, but if you want to take a trip up to Carmel, stay at the Mission Ranch Inn, and you might get lucky. I hope that helps, and good luck meeting Clint :)
Whistledixie

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 11:26:57 AM »

If it were me, I probably wouldn't go out of my way purely for the purposes of meeting him, because you may be disappointed, but if you want to take a trip up to Carmel, stay at the Mission Ranch Inn, and you might get lucky. I hope that helps, and good luck meeting Clint

...and of course you'd first have to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky?

That would be a really nice thing to do...I add my best wishes for good luck. Worst case scenario, it'd be a nice trip to Carmel. (Maybe a "Play Misty for Me" sight-seeing tour, as well...) I like that Clint is old school about his public persona, playing it pretty close to the vest (exceptionally little about him online, no? aside from this forum, imdb, and wikipedia), but it's definitely a double-edged sword for those of us who'd like to at least shake his hand...
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 12:14:24 PM »

AKA has given you some good advice there, frankster. A trip to Carmel with a stop at the Mission Ranch Inn is definitely your best bet, but don't set your hopes too high.

It's true that Clint has never written a book, but he did do a book tour with Richard Schickel back when Schickel's authorized biography Clint Eastwoodcame out in 1996. When he appeared in New York on that occasion, he and Schickel signed books afterwards.

I don't imagine it's anything he's going to be doing again anytime soon, however.
talisman

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 12:35:32 AM »

My wife and I stayed at The Mission Ranch last November for her birthday, and, as luck would have it, we met Clint (even got to shake his hand) and got an autograph. However, it was pure luck that we managed to be there right when he pulled in in his Dodge truck. He was in a hurry, running late for his tee time at the golf course, but he was kind enough to sign a couple of things, chat briefly, and wish my wife a happy birthday. He's very normal and unassuming, just a regular guy. We saw him again that night in the piano bar/restaurant, but didn't bother him, as he was hanging out with some buddies. Anyway, we were quite thrilled.
Whistledixie

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 09:52:07 PM »

My wife and I stayed at The Mission Ranch last November for her birthday, and, as luck would have it, we met Clint (even got to shake his hand) and got an autograph. However, it was pure luck that we managed to be there right when he pulled in in his Dodge truck. He was in a hurry, running late for his tee time at the golf course, but he was kind enough to sign a couple of things, chat briefly, and wish my wife a happy birthday. He's very normal and unassuming, just a regular guy. We saw him again that night in the piano bar/restaurant, but didn't bother him, as he was hanging out with some buddies. Anyway, we were quite thrilled.

That's awesome, talisman! (Especially the shaking hands part  O0) Congrats!

A woman I work with, who after seeing me read the board on lunch one day told me she was a huge Clint fan, relayed her story about meeting him at his bar around 1978. She said her now ex-husband heard some story about how movie cowboys made themselves taller by putting crushed beer cans in the heels of their boots. (Seems like a bizarre and kinda arcane rumor, but nevertheless...) So they're sitting there drinking for awhile when who walks in but the man himself, who of course is nice enough to stop and greet them. Then before she can stop him, the ex launches into the story about the beer cans, as she slaps her palm to forehead (no word on if this played a role in his ex status). I guess Clint, who of course is quite tall and in need of no such aids regardless, laughed and made an aside to the bartender about his hairdresser...along the lines of the real secret was with him, since Clint always sported a pretty tall coif.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 09:58:56 PM by Whistledixie » Logged
mopingdroid

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 10:10:17 AM »

Can someone please tell me how there will be a probability of me meeting him?
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 04:03:32 PM »

Can someone please tell me how there will be a probability of me meeting him?
Hi mopingdroid,

I have never had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Eastwood in person, and probably new will. The closest I ever came to meeting him was to eat at the Hog's Breath Inn , a restaurant that Clint Eastwood once owned in Carmel, California. I suspect that the vast majority of the other Clint Eastwood fans who post on "Clint Eastwood Forums" have not met him.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T