News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rawhide on air  (Read 12044 times)
Rawhide

View Profile Email
« on: April 04, 2004, 06:53:22 PM »

I couldn't believe it last night when I saw Rawhide was on t.v. In my area we just got the hallmark channel , and it was on there. Hopefully it was not just a one time event.  Kyle
Dannyman
Member Extraordinaire

Your mouthwash aint makin' it.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 07:07:04 PM »

Don't worry, Rawhide is shown on Hallmark every Saturday.

;D

-Danny

"I had vegetarian huevos rancheros, then some sort of a filtered decaf cappuccino that tasted like it was filtered through a jock strap."
Fan

Rawhide is the best! buy it!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 02:49:41 PM »

Rawhide has been on the HC for a while now. I started watching it last fall and it is incredible!
 The only problem is the hallmark channel CUTS the episodes! The episodes are 51 minutes long, but due to commercials, they only show about 40 minutes.  (although I am still very grateful they are airing the shows!)
 The show itself is great. I think its some of the best stuff Eastwood or anyone else has done. Eric Fleming is amazing in that series.
Also, they have made many of the episodes now available and they are uncut in case anyone wants to know.
A note about the commericals on the HC. The first thing is that back in the 70s 80s and 90s I think the length of commercials has been increasing.  I remember commericals used to be 2 minutes and I think there were 5 or 6 an hour, so you only lost 10 or 12 minutes to commercials, but now commercials are about 3 minutes 40 seconds on the HC (I timed them) (the first set of commericals is usually shorter, then the remaining commericials for the rest of the show are 3 minutes 40 sec. So when they originally showed Rawhide I think they only cut maybe 3 minutes out of the show, and now they are cutting 10 minutes out due to increasing lenth of commericals.  I'm not happy about it. >:(
The other thing is that even though I must watch the HC to get my Rawhide fix, and I have to put up with a CUT presentation, the other thing is the stupid commericals they keep showing
haven't we seen enough MASH commericals? they constantly play on Klingers homosexuality "KLINGER WEARS DRESSES!" "KLINGER WEARS DRESSES!" I wish they would shut up! And I hope you are ready to watch some kitchen cleaning commercials. oh, and thanks for squeezing the end of Rawhide, and playing over the music to give us yet another Hallmark Channel commercial for one of their stupid wimpy other shows.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 03:08:05 PM by Fan » Logged
masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 11:51:19 AM »

Is there any Rawhide episodes on Video/DVD, I'm about to have a look, and will post some link if there is.
masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2004, 11:53:18 AM »

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2004, 03:36:01 PM »

When you search Amazon, please use the link that's at the bottom of this page; you'll benefit the site. The six episodes of Rawhide that were released on VHS are all out of print now, or as Amazon calls it ... "out of stock." Some may be available through Amazon's "used and new" sales program. One of the six, "The Captain's Wife," doesn't even feature Eastwood.
masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004, 09:40:53 AM »

Sorry KC, I just quickly found some, and posted on the site, should have read them over, sorry  :(
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2004, 03:38:07 PM »

Turn that frown upside down, it was nice of you to take the trouble to search!  ;)
Fan

Rawhide is the best! buy it!

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2004, 09:11:30 AM »

Rawhide is unbelievable!  I would get Captains Wife.  Eric Felming is amazing in Rawhide. Eric made that series a success. Captains Wife has some great classic stuff in it.  Rowdy and everyone else is great too!
I would also recommed 'Curse of the Undead' with Eric Fleming.
There are 50 episodes of Rawhide on VHS available now and there are some other developments in the works.
some of the episodes include:
Tumbleweed Wagon
Executioner
Fish out of Water
Alabaster Plain
Devil and His Due
Captains Wife
Buffalo Smokehouse
Deadhorse 1 & 2
Rio Doloroso
« Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 03:15:08 PM by Fan » Logged
Happi

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2004, 08:34:41 PM »

:)  Howdy everyone:  Does anyone know the name of the Rawhide episode that Rowdy sings  East Of The Sun to a girl?   Thanks for your input.

Happi   ;D
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2004, 07:35:37 AM »

Why oh why isn't Rawhide on dvd yet?  I don't expect anyone to know, really, I'm just venting.  Maybe we should start a letter-writing (or email) campaign to whomever owns the series!
Head 'em up! Move 'em out!

“Eyuh.”
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2004, 02:16:49 PM »

Is "Rawhide" a Universal show? Becuase if so, they've dicked around with releasing shows on DVD for awhile. Also because it's such an old show they (whoever owns the rights and distributes it) probably want to get there more recent stuff out first.
Happi

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2004, 08:22:17 PM »

:)  I beleived Rawhide was owned by CBS...filmed at Universal for a short time, then moved over to MGM.  Viacom now owns CBS...maybe contacting Viacom about a Rawhide DVD  would be a good idea.

Happi    ;D
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2004, 11:51:36 AM »

Rawhide was (is?) available on video via the Columbia House mail-order club.  If there had been just a season or two, I would've gotten them.  With Coogan's Bluff, Breezy & Mystic River soon to be released on dvd, maybe Rawhide will be next.

“Eyuh.”
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2004, 06:25:53 PM »

Apparently episodes of Rawhide are now available on DVD from Columbia House. I'm not able to determine from their site how many are in the series. If anyone's interested, check it out ...

http://www.columbiahouse.com/
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2004, 06:28:46 AM »

Thanks KC :) There are 2 volumes on dvd currently available; vol.1 consists of 7 episodes from season one & vol.2 consists of 3 episodes from season 2 ???  They are each priced at $19.95  :o  As Vinnie Barbarino used to say, "I'm so confused!"

“Eyuh.”
Pete Nolan

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2004, 08:13:29 PM »

Rawhide needs to be released in DVD boxed sets by season ASAP!

Clint is still around and could provide plenty of interesting interviews and episode voiceovers. He needs to do it while he still can. We have already lost Eric Fleming, Paul Brinegar, and Sheb Wooley. Please let it be done NOW because Rawhide is without a doubt the best western ever produced on TV!

it is great that the Hallmark channel is running at least 2 eps every Saturday. but the complete series needs to be made into boxed sets. i mean if they can do it with Little House on the Prairie, they can certainly do it with it Rawhide!

Head 'em up and move 'em out!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2004, 08:41:14 PM »

Since Eastwood doesn't appear to have any interest in providing commentaries for the films he has directed and starred in, I hardly think he'd care to supply any commentary for a TV show. Still, it would be nice to have the run of the series on DVD, for the sake of completeness.  :)
Pete Nolan

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2004, 10:25:26 PM »

well if Clint has that attitude as you describe, then that certainly does not bode well for any future boxed set release. and that would be a tragedy for all of its fans.

Rawhide was a great deal more than Clint Eastwood. but he certainly played a pivotal role and considering this role gave him his big break and made him a known commodity in Hollywood, you would think he would want to acknowledge that and do whatever he could to keep the legacy alive by puttting the entire series on DVD.

Head 'em up and move 'em out!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2004, 06:18:06 AM »

I didn't mean to throw cold water on the possibility of this project's coming to light, but given the lack of extras in general and commentary in particular on Eastwood's DVDs so far, I don't think it's likely that he would participate to any extent in it. At least, we can hope that the series itself might become available. Those of us who don't get the Hallmark channel can't even see the reruns, as it is.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T