News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would love to see Clint act in one more film: Here's a couple of ideas:  (Read 2664 times)
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: January 08, 2015, 09:03:37 PM »

The right film that is.  Maybe have him and his son Scott both star in the movie together.   Like maybe in a cop movie.  Not necessarily another Dirty Harry but a cop movie where Clint is a retired cop who helps Scott in some way or fashion or something like that.  Or maybe possibly one more western.  Would be nice to see him have one final acting role like a good solid movie that would put the final exclamation mark on his acting career.  I think that would be awesome.  I liked Trouble with the curve and thought it was pretty good.  But would like to see Clint act in one more final film.  Anybody's thoughts on this.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 11:55:22 PM »

Certainly, in "the right film." But that would depend almost entirely on the quality of the screenplay and the nature of Clint's role, and I'm not sure he would want to star in one more cop movie. As for another Western ... we've often discussed that, and it's hard to imagine a screenplay that would surpass Unforgiven both for overall excellence and the role it allowed Clint to play; at the time, he was often quoted to the effect that if Unforgiven were to be his last Western, it would be the perfect one.
The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

"There are two kinds of men in this world"

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 05:45:26 AM »

Certainly, in "the right film." But that would depend almost entirely on the quality of the screenplay and the nature of Clint's role, and I'm not sure he would want to star in one more cop movie. As for another Western ... we've often discussed that, and it's hard to imagine a screenplay that would surpass Unforgiven both for overall excellence and the role it allowed Clint to play; at the time, he was often quoted to the effect that if Unforgiven were to be his last Western, it would be the perfect one.

I agree strongly with you, KC. Unforgiven was such a good film in terms of a "last Western", that it is not sensible to make another of that genre as a parting shot. I know that if I were Clint I would not possibly consider another Western.

Some years ago, I bowled a few games in an evening. Aware of the ravages of age creeping up on me, I was aware that I might not bowl again. I made sure to stop after throwing a perfect pocket strike.

A very few years later, I was playing against myself on a racquetball court, same thoughts in mind. I played until I hit a perfect backhand rollout killshot, then played until I hit a perfect forehand killshot. Game over.

Last ball bowled, perfect strike. Last racquetball hit, perfect killshot. Time to quit. Babe Ruth quit on the spot after he hit his last home run.

Manwith

"In all the excitement I lost count myself'
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 11:29:19 AM »

I don't think Clint should do another Western, mostly for the reasons KC already stated. I don't know what type of story would allow someone of Clint's age to do a cop film. Eastwood might feel that he was repeating himself if he did that, and most stories probably wouldn't be age appropriate.

I'd love to see Clint act in another movie though. I thought "Trouble with the Curve" was decent, but I don't think it was among his best movies, and I'd like to see him end his acting career on a high note.
Westernfan

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 04:58:19 AM »

I loved him in Trouble with the Curve.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 05:03:23 PM »

Personally I'd like to see Eastwood hook up with Michael Cimino again in any form.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T