News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tag You're It #5!!!  (Read 57598 times)
Shannonsmith1993

Email
« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2016, 03:59:05 PM »

My first tag

Matt: Which film made you become a Clint fan and why??

I'll do another one later just kinda busy.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2016, 07:41:02 PM »

Hi Shannon, thanks for the tag.

I'm a little embarrassed to answer this one again... I've told the story a few times now. I'll tell the short version, because I wouldn't want to not answer a tag (and especially not your first one!)

It was Hang 'em High. I was a teenager, and hanging out in my brother's room, watching his little TV with rabbit ears while he was away at college. It was late at night, and I was flipping the channels and came across it. It was the very beginning, and it instantly caught my attention (the first few minutes of Hang 'em High is pretty exciting!)  I really enjoyed it. It was my first western.  It wound up being a double feature, and the next film was High Plains Drifter. If I loved Hang 'em High, I REALLY loved High Plains Drifter. I became a fan that night and started collecting VHS copies of all the Eastwood films as they were broadcast, usually late at night and on crappy UHF channels.

I think it was 1983 because I saw Sudden Impact in the theater, which makes sense because my brother was in college from 1981-1985.

TAGGING:

KC:
When are you going to answer your outstanding Tags?  :P

RAWHIDE7:
How old were you when you saw your first Clint movie in the theater? Who did you see it with? Did it make you a fan, or were you already?

Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2016, 10:16:26 PM »

Thanks Matt

Im actually a late bloomer.  My parents never took me to see an Eastwood movie when I was younger.  But my first Eastwood movie at the theatre was million dollar baby.  I have always relatively liked Eastwood.  But what made me become the fan of his I am today was Unforgiven.  About six yrs ago my brother gave me Unforgiven on dvd.  He said this movie should be in everybodys western movie collection.  I had seen bits and pieces of Unforgiven on tv but never all the way thru.  Anyways I watched it and absolutely loved it.  I remember saying man I really like Eastwood.  So I sought out to watch other Eastwood movies like Dirty Harry, In the line of fire, and the every which way movies.  After that Ive been hooked ever since.  I pretty much grew up liking sylvester stallone movies espicially Rocky and Rambo but also movies like Over the top and Lock up.  Without a doubt Eastwood and Stallone are my two favorite actors no question about that.

Tags to come later
Charlie

View Profile Email
« Reply #223 on: March 11, 2016, 06:34:41 PM »

Sorry for the late replies guys... My one year research project at work came due.  Plus my laptop blew up right in the middle of it all...

Answer 1:  A Moroccan Fistful of Dollars since I have never seen another - it is in my poster collection and she can't get it anywhere else.  She could have it for free if she came to pick it up and gave me a peck on the cheek...

Answer 2 (since I am still married and the whole reality thing):  I would go for the Fistful of Dollars Italian 4F 68RR and it would probably run $2500...

How do we tag again?
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #224 on: March 11, 2016, 07:41:08 PM »

You tag two members for every question you answer. Even if you give two answers, it was still just one question, so you tag two people.

Just ask any two members any Clint related question in your post, and send them a PM to let them know they've been tagged.
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #225 on: March 11, 2016, 09:30:49 PM »

I think I do!  If we don't count dogs just running across the camera, like in A Fistful of Dollars, then...

The Outlaw Josey Wales
Tightrope
Sudden Impact
Gran Torino

And my favorite, by far.... is from Sudden Impact!

Meathead, the English Bulldog.

I do love dogs, but I have a special soft spot in my heart for brachycephalic dogs... or in layman's terms "Dogs with shoved in faces", and especially bulldogs.

Thanks Matt for your answer! I also love Meathead, the English Bulldog!! He is so adorable!!  :D  However if you would not forget the dog, which plays an important role in the movie of Clint? ???  I hope that you will notice in the challenge of the next week!!  ;)
And there are others lovely dogs in the Clint's movies, Please do not overlook them!!  :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:32:02 PM by higashimori » Logged

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #226 on: March 11, 2016, 09:38:03 PM »

That's right, there's a very important dog coming up in the Challenge! :D
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #227 on: March 19, 2016, 08:23:00 AM »

Tagging:

AKA23:  What's your favorite Clint Eastwood film? And tell us a little about why it's your favorite.

I've discussed this many times before, but maybe you're getting forgetful in your old age, my friend ;) My favorite Eastwood movie is "In the Line of Fire." It's my favorite movie for so many reasons. Psychological thrillers are probably my favorite genre of movie, Frank Horrigan is one of my favorite Eastwood characters, John Malkovich's performance is outstanding, and its well written and thrilling. Everyone, from Eastwood, to Malkovich to Russo, gives very strong performances. I also really love Ennio Morricone's score. He is one of my favorite composers, and I feel his score really elevates the movie. 

I also really love the redemption theme. The idea of a Secret Service agent being haunted by his decades earlier inability to save the President from being killed is very compelling to me. I really love the phone conversations between Eastwood and Malkovich's characters where they taunt each other, and the idea that they both have experienced similar levels of adversity and unfair treatment but respond very differently to it. The scene in the hotel room where Horrigan and Raines are talking about his regrets about not being able to save the President is my favorite scene in any Eastwood movie. I think his portrayal of Frank Horrigan is one of Eastwood's best acting performances. I also love Wolfgang Petersen's direction. I think his faster pace is a great fit for this particular story.

Tags later.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 08:25:01 AM by AKA23 » Logged
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #228 on: March 19, 2016, 09:09:00 AM »

Sorry I asked you to repeat yourself, but I was happy to read it. I had ( :-[ ) forgotten. It's a great movie. I was sitting here wondering what to tag you with and realized I had no idea what your favorite movie was, after all these years. Thanks for the response. (Why did I think it might have been Absolute Power of all things? Something is nagging in the back of my head about you posting about that one a lot. Either you loved it, or you really didn't.)

EDIT:  Hold that thought! I know what my next tag will be now.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 09:15:13 AM by Matt » Logged
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #229 on: March 19, 2016, 09:13:47 AM »

However if you would not forget the dog, which plays an important role in the movie of Clint? ???  I hope that you will notice in the challenge of the next week!!  ;)

Found him! I had quite forgotten Sir Love-a-lot!
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #230 on: March 19, 2016, 08:41:25 PM »

Found him! I had quite forgotten Sir Love-a-lot!

O0  :D

And I hope you fill up your list with other dogs which you will find again soon. ;)

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T