News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your earliest Childhood Memory?  (Read 1539 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« on: March 06, 2016, 03:00:28 AM »

This will sound like some weird dream but my earliest memory was when I was about 3 (1972/73), my grandparents took me to the zoo and I became terrified of an elephant. The zoo keepers were walking it through the zoo like they were taking a dog for a walk. I don't know why, maybe they were moving it to another location but all I remember was screaming and screaming. My grandfather picked me up and put me on his shoulders but I still was just hysterical.

To this day, I don't like elephants.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 03:01:45 AM by The Schofield Kid » Logged

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 03:14:49 AM »

How about this guy, SK?  Does he give you night terrors?

My earliest childhood memory is trying to figure out if the people inside the TV can see us too... and I decided to test and find out by making faces at this guy, who frowned at me and scared the hell out of me. Assured that they could see me, I was deeply ashamed to make eye contact with him again. I never wanted to watch the show again.

My guess is that it was somewhere around 1969-1970.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 03:19:10 AM »

How about this guy, SK?  Does he give you night terrors?

;D

Seeing elephants or Mr Suffaluffagus (sp) on tv doesn't bother me. It's up close I can't handle. A couple of years ago we had a family day at the zoo and my wife and three nieces were up against the railing near the elephants and I refused to join them.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Elizabeth77
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 07:53:04 PM »

My earliest memories have to do with a family trip we took to West Virginia when I was 2 years old.  The first memory is really a still scene from the house where we stayed with friends.  They had a stairway that went up a few steps, then a landing, then more steps up.  I vividly recall standing on that landing, although I have no idea why.  The more interesting and fun memory of that same trip was a visit to a marble factory.  I think they did glass blowing and beautiful things like that, as well.  Anyway, that part is all rather hazy, but the marbles in the gutter outside the factory were very real.  I still have some of them, although they got mixed up with other marbles I've picked up through the years.

"Thought I was having trouble with my adding.  It's all right now."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 11:08:16 PM »

I'm glad you haven't lost your marbles, Elizabeth! :D

(Sorry, couldn't resist. ;) )
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T