News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CEWB Annual Season's Greeting Thread 2016/17  (Read 8518 times)
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2016, 05:10:43 PM »

This is the real last Christmas for George Michael!!  :(

For hommage to George!

https://www.youtube.com/v/E8gmARGvPlI

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2016, 09:06:06 AM »

So how was the Xmas day weather for everyone? Anyone have a white Xmas?

Here it was a clear blue sky summers day. Not too hot with a nice breeze. 😎

OK, Sadly no Snow just a little windy and it wasn't due to the Brussel Sprouts :D

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas day! :)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2016, 01:37:47 PM »

Another year draws to a close. They seem to be getting faster and faster the older you get.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy new year!! 8)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2016, 06:05:48 AM »

It's 2017!!!!!!!!!

8) 8) 8) 8)

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2016, 08:48:12 AM »

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Holidays. Wishing everyone a wonderful New Year. May 2017 be a great year for all of our members and our great Eastwood board!

I bought myself this so I'd have something to open on Christmas: https://www.amazon.com/Clint-Eastwood-Master-Filmmaker-Work/dp/1419703889. Does anyone else have it? What do you think? Anyone get anything else Eastwood related this holiday season? I got this book for only $11 brand new and have wanted it for years, so I thought this was the perfect time to finally get it.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2016, 09:16:40 AM »

I have it, and it is excellent. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Michael Goldman, the author, posted here around the time it was published, and we talked about it quite a bit. Here is what I posted when I got my copy. If I had known you needed a Christmas present and this was available for only $11, I'd have bought it for you myself!  ;)

I didn't get anything Clint-related on Christmas Day, but I did pick up Sully on Blu-ray a couple of days afterwards. (I think of anything I buy for myself around this time of year as a "Christmas present.")
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2016, 12:43:04 PM »

It's 2017!!!!!!!!!

8) 8) 8) 8)

Happy new year, SK!  I Just want to say a huge thank you for the support in my professional career.  SK, you have been amazing. All the best

Happy new year to each and everyone of you. I hope 2017 is a fantastic year for you all :)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2016, 05:50:53 PM »

Happy new year, SK!  I Just want to say a huge thank you for the support in my professional career.  SK, you have been amazing. All the best

Happy new year to each and everyone of you. I hope 2017 is a fantastic year for you all :)

Thanks 2M,

All the best to you and the fam for 2017. 8)

Elizabeth77
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2016, 09:00:07 PM »

Happy New Year to each of you! You stretch my horizons and introduce me to new and exciting things. Some of you have also become very dear friends.  :)
Thank you all for making this a great place to be!

This year my family and I have spent a fairly subdued Christmas season. My parents visited for a week, after which we all went to my sister's for Christmas. We didn't do anything big. We just spent time together talking, playing table games, eating, watching movies, and singing Christmas carols. Oh, and washing lots and lots of dishes! The day after I got home, we went to my best friend's parents' house for supper. Their whole family was together and we spent several hours of just being together as family. There were many poignant moments. All of this is because one month ago I was diagnosed with stage IV metastatic breast cancer. It's gone into my lung and is making inroads on my ribs. The shock is wearing off and the second dose of chemo arrived by UPS this morning. Tonight, my family and I sat around the dining table and made a list of things we'd like to do and places we'd like to go together. Most of them we probably won't achieve, but it's hard to make dreams come true if no one knows what they are. We go into this new year with hopes and dreams, just like any other year, but with a little more intention of making those dreams come true.

"Thought I was having trouble with my adding.  It's all right now."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2016, 09:23:57 PM »

Elizabeth77, I know all of us are deeply saddened at your news, and most of us are probably groping for words to tell you so. May you and your family have the best 2017 possible, and may as many of your dreams come true as can possibly happen!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2016, 10:04:19 PM »

And it is now 2017 in New York City! Happy New Year, East Coasters!

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2016, 10:34:40 PM »

Elizabeth77, I know all of us are deeply saddened at your news, and most of us are probably groping for words to tell you so. May you and your family have the best 2017 possible, and may as many of your dreams come true as can possibly happen!

That was so well said, I'd like to just "double it". 

There's 27 minutes left to 2016 here in the Central Time Zone. Looking forward to this one ending. Will 2017 be better? Let's hope it is. Here's to a great year for all of us.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2017, 02:06:38 AM »

Happy New Year everyone... :)

Thinking of you Elizabeth77 and wishing you all the best in making as many of your dreams for 2017 come true..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2017, 10:24:11 AM »

Elizabeth, I wish you strength and peace during this very difficult time, and I too hope that you get to do as many of the things on your list as you can! None of us know how long we have in this life. For some, the time is short, while for others, the time is long, and there doesn't seem to be any way to forecast which of these two camps anyone of our lives fall into. What is happening to you now doesn't seem fair, or right, or just, but since none of us can know, all we can really do is try to make the best of whatever time we have left. To live our lives with meaning, with purpose, with intentionally, and with service for others in our hearts and as much good cheer as we can possibly muster. I know what Stage IV cancer can bring, but I also know you a little bit from your posts here on the board, and I know despite all the struggles you have faced, that you have strived to do all of those things. I know that you have touched many of us here on the board and throughout your life, and I know that that legacy will endure regardless of how much time you may have left. Our bodies may fall away and die, but the imprint we leave on those we love and the world will remain.   

I pray for you that you will spend whatever time you have left continuing to try to exemplify those qualities which which you have always lived your life. I don't know if a full recovery is possible for you, as Stage IV cancer is an unpredictable illness, but I do know that cancer is a very individual disease, and that many live longer than they thought they would. I wish you a peaceful start to this new year, and I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Feel free to reach out to me via private message if that is easier and more comfortable for you than writing on the board. We are all here to support you, and we will all be thinking of you and hoping that, whether it be short or long, that the rest of your life has meaning, purpose, and fulfillment for you and your family.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2017, 10:30:42 AM »

While most of us couldn't find the words, AKA came through with some beautiful ones. Well said, AKA.

Elizabeth, we are all in your corner, rooting you on as you fight this. Never give up.
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2017, 10:55:29 AM »

Thanks 2M,

All the best to you and the fam for 2017. 8)

Thank you, SK. :)
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2017, 11:06:32 AM »

Happy New Year to each of you! You stretch my horizons and introduce me to new and exciting things. Some of you have also become very dear friends.  :)
Thank you all for making this a great place to be!

We go into this new year with hopes and dreams, just like any other year, but with a little more intention of making those dreams come true.

Elizabeth77, when you reached out to me on Facebook, I was so happy to hear from you but so shocked and upset knowing what you and your dear family are going  through. I pray for you and I hope you get to make those dreams come true. I am not on the board much but if you ever need to talk I am here for you. Thinking of you. Stay strong during these difficult times.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2017, 03:17:52 PM »

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, E77.

I've become friends on this board with so many people even though we've never met, that when we face hard times, there are plenty of friends here to talk to.

Our community may not be as strong in numbers as it was in the past but it's always here. That's what matters.

Elizabeth77
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2017, 09:22:25 PM »

Wow!! Thank you to all of you. It's all the wonderful friends like you who keep me going and cheer me up when I'm feeling a little blue. Whatever comes with this year, I'll do my best to keep the smile going. It's usually not hard, but should things get tough, I can look at the kangaroo on my desk that Southern Cat sent me, the magnets on my fridge from Linn and SK, and my personalized bookmark from Twomules to remind me what a lot of reasons I have to smile.  ;D ;D

This year definitely isn't going to be the way I had planned, but it could turn out a whole lot better where the most important things of life are considered.  :)

"Thought I was having trouble with my adding.  It's all right now."
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2017, 02:29:52 AM »

Elizabeth77. Sending you hugs and strength. My thoughts are with you.  :)

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T