News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bronco Billy & Any Which Way You Can 40 Year Anniversaries  (Read 1123 times)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: January 17, 2020, 09:06:46 PM »

I first saw Bronco Billy on cable tv.  I was fortunate to see Any Which Way You Can at the cinema with my friend, Mike.

Bronco Billy is okay.  If anything, it’s interesting to pick out actors that have performed with Clint before, such as Geoffrey Lewis, Sondra Locke, William Prince, Bill McKinney, Sam Bottoms, Dan Vadis, Walter Barnes, Doug McGrath, Woodrow Parfrey and Hank Worden.  The humor is not effective, very lighthearted.

Unusual for a sequel, Any Which Way You Can is better than its’ predecessor.  Unlike Bronco Billy, the story flows nicely and comedy is on point.  Every Which Way But Loose proved the naysayers wrong when it came to Clint doing a comedy and this film hammered the point home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Eyuh.”
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 01:59:20 PM »

Bronco Billy for those very reasons Jed with the cast was one of the good things about the movie, though @ the time of it's release I didn't care for the movie and everyone can conflict all they want with me, but Sondra Locke is brutal in it. Years later I can understand why Eastwood did the film.

Any Which Way You can is better than Every Which Way, probably because William Smith was a worthy adversary that was believable instead of a old looking overweight Walter Barnes Tank Murdock. One thing though, William O'Connell was a hidden gem in all of Eastwood's movies.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 02:07:23 PM by Perry » Logged
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 02:39:52 AM »

As much as I enjoy Any Which Way I don't think it's as good as Every Which Way..

It lacks the loose, freewheeling charm of the original and feels overly calculated.. I've always felt EWWBL feels like a 70's movie. Bittersweet with a kinda downbeat ending whereas AWWYC is an 80's movie.. Overblown and pumped up with the hero
coming out on top after a gigantic battle... I'm a massive William Smith fan but there's something about Clint throwing
his fight against the Older guy in the original which is quite touching and to lose the girl on top of all that too...

A year or so after Any Which away was filmed I found myself in the Palomino bar and there were some cool photos
of Clint and the cast up on the walls from when they'd filmed there..
I had a few beers and played the drums... I avoided any fights tho ;)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 03:06:52 AM by Gant » Logged

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T