News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jack Ging, RIP  (Read 201 times)
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« on: September 14, 2022, 03:54:57 PM »

Pretty diversified character actor who was a good friend of Eastwood since the late 50's. His familiarity in Eastwood movies were Hang Em' High, Play Misty For Me and High Plains Drifter. I once googled his name and there was photo which looked like from the late 50's with him and his wife and Eastwood and his wife Maggie standing by a pool at a backyard. Ging did a lot of stunt work as well and acting in tv Westerns in those early years and from what I read he was a successful businessman in real estate after retiring from Hollywood years ago.....
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 03:57:32 PM by Perry » Logged
LB13

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 02:19:28 PM »

I've read his grandparents took part in the Oklahoma Land Run of 1893. Somewhat incredible to think their grandson lived until just a few days ago. It's sad to see people like him go. Trite as it may sound, they really don't make 'em like that anymore, the kind of actor he was. He will always be a part of a great cinematic legacy.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 12:39:41 PM »

Ging always worked. I remember seeing him in commercials in the early 70's besides movies or tv.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T