News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2021 Movie Discussion  (Read 3842 times)
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2021, 02:05:59 PM »

Censor  Imaginative Brit horror movie
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 10:39:54 PM by Gant » Logged

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2021, 05:37:11 PM »

I watched the new Home Sweet Home Alone on Disney Plus. I guess the thought process was something like, "What if Harry and Marv had been sympathetic characters?" The answer is that the movie is nowhere near as fun to watch. There were a few clever nods to the original movies, but other than that it was pretty unpleasant.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2021, 11:04:05 AM »

I watched Spider-Man: No Way Home yesterday and it is very good. Honestly, at this point I'm only interested in checking out MCU movies that look interesting to me. I think this one is well worth checking out. I did recently watch Shang-Chi on Disney+ because I decided not to see it when it was in theaters, and I enjoyed that one as well. But Spider-Man will be one of my favorite movies I've watched in 2021.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2021, 10:02:42 AM »

This is getting pretty great reviews, and I'm intrigued that it's one of the only movies that has broken through during the pandemic and managed to make a lot of money at the box office, but I've never seen the other movies in the franchise. Can I enjoy this as a stand alone movie, or do I need to watch a lot of other MCU movies first to be able to understand and enjoy this movie?

My main problem with the Marvel movies is that most of them don't function as stand alone movies, and I'm just not willing to watch a series of other movies in order to enjoy the one movie that I actually want to see. I'm familiar with Spider Man. I watched all the Tobey Maguire movies, and think I also saw one with Andrew Garfield.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2021, 12:22:03 PM »

It does pick up right where the previous Spider-Man left off. And that movie is very closely related to the last two Avengers movies. I don't think it's a must that you've seen every movie, but it would be helpful to know what happened in those movies.

And what I said about only wanting to check out certain movies could be an issue with how connected they can be.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2022, 02:01:23 PM »

Licorice Pizza

Enjoyed this quirky romantic comedy with an ace soundtrack

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2022, 08:03:29 AM »

I was very disappointed with this one.  This is the first one with Daniel Craig that is was not good at all, very boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 08:07:24 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T