News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Red Ford Pinto  (Read 153 times)
Sharkjerky

View Profile Email
« on: December 08, 2021, 12:59:47 PM »

Anyone else notice the red Ford Pinto in a few of the Dirty Harry fliks? I'm going from memory, and am asking about what i recall, when i watch these fliks again i'll try and spot the Pinto in other scenes beside the ones i've mentioned. Very trivial indeed, just curious.

First one i noticed was in Magnum Force, when the motorcycle cop pulls over Ricca, his lawyer and henchmen Rico, when Harry walks up to the crime scene, Red Pinto sitting in the background. Odd because it's the exit of the highway.

Second one i saw was in The Enforcer, at the beginning when Harry and DiGeorgio pulled up to that restaurant, the red Pinto was on the left as they pulled up to the front of the restaurant. Oddly Harry's partner in Sudden Impact was the guy faking the heart attack. In this same movie, after Harry and inspector Moore left Mustapha's barber shop, that red Pinto appears again in that intersection.

I will comment on the symbolism i've noticed throughout Dirty Harry fliks, but was curious if anyone else spotted the red Pinto?
Charles69

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 01:18:14 AM »

I'm not entirely sure and I've seen these films many times. I guess I don't that much attention to cars in movies!

Are you thinking this is the very same red Pinto? What kind of symbolism are you going to write about?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T