News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint and the Hollywood Walk of Fame  (Read 410 times)
LB13

View Profile Email
« on: March 23, 2022, 07:04:35 AM »

I was watching a ceremony for Francis Ford Coppola the other day, when they honored him with a star on the Walk of Fame, when I realized that somehow Clint does not have a star on there. On one hand, I could see why, I don't think he's ever been the one for that kind of publicity or celebrating his past success, but I was wondering if there's any actual insight into that? Any comments from Clint or the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce? I've seen some articles on the Internet that claim to cover this topic, but they're mostly just clickbait, titled something like "The Real Reason Why Clint Eastwood Isn't On The Walk Of Fame" with the actual article saying basically "we don't know anything, who knows, it's a good question".
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 10:48:22 AM »

Hi LB. Thanks for this question. We've discussed this before. From what I remember, there is a substantial fee that would need to be paid in order for Clint to have a star. This is an old thread, but I looked up the current cost, and it looks like it may now be $50,000. I think he's been offered it multiple times, but has declined the opportunity. This is speculation, but this is presumably because he either didn't want to pay himself to have a star, or didn't want to fundraise to purchase one.

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=60
LB13

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 01:15:54 PM »

Thanks for the insight, AKA. It's interesting to think how many actual stars of Hollywood don't happen to have physical stars on the Walk of Fame. Coppola said this to Variety a few days ago: "The way that it works is that when a picture opens, the studio that has financed or distributed it pays to get your name on the street. Since I have either financed or distributed my own movies, I?ve never had the good fortune of having a studio take that event." When you look at it, many great actors and filmmakers are not on the Walk - take DiCaprio, Walken, Pacino, De Niro, Denzel, James Earl Jones, Pitt. I guess when you think about it these guys aren't exactly the ones who are concerned with their fame and splendor (not to sound like I have anything against those do have a star) and may find the idea somewhat embarrassing. Even Coppola, with several of the best movies of all time in his filmography, only got it now, as he's celebrating Godfather's 50th and gearing up for his new one Megalopolis. I suppose it's the same with Clint.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2022, 10:31:56 AM »

After reading about last Monday's disgusting display all around and the past years why would anyone want to be a part of Hollywood in any capacity.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T