News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint Eastwood Wins $2M In Lawsuit Over Fake CBD Endorsement  (Read 213 times)
LB13

View Profile Email
« on: July 03, 2022, 01:31:43 PM »

Excerpt from The Hollywood Reporter:

Clint Eastwood was awarded $2 million in a lawsuit accusing a CBD retailer of stealing his name and likeness to promote its products. The verdict is the second in favor of the actor in a pair of suits against CBD manufacturers and marketers that fabricated news articles and manipulated search results to make it appear that the actor endorsed their products.

?$2 million is a reasonable representation of the fair market value of Mr. Eastwood?s services in lending his influential and known name to a hidden metatag campaign for products he likely would have been unwilling to endorse in the first place,? reads the order issued on June 24.

Full article here: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/clint-eastwood-wins-2m-in-trademark-infringement-suit-over-fake-cbd-endorsement-1235174956/

Good for Clint, I guess.
EdwardEtheridge55

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 10:11:22 PM »

I mistook Clint Eastwood for waging a CBD war. He's only suing them for exploiting his image in marketing... Nevertheless that's a good thing. Clint doesn't have anything to do with these drugs.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T