News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eastwood to Direct Juror #2 for Warner Bros as Final Film  (Read 26846 times)
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2023, 12:21:52 AM »

I've seen each Eastwood film at the cinema since "White Hunter , Black Heart" ,33 years ago. I was 15 .
That's the Rookie for me, regarding continuity.
Seen a few during the 80's,too.
Same old age....

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2023, 10:58:55 PM »

I think I took different dates to pretty much every Eastwood film released from Firefox onwards
None of them seemed to enjoy  the films and many were quite critical ( understandable in the case of Dead Pool and The Rookie.)
 The young lady who accompanied me to the release of Unforgiven  has been Mrs Gant for the past 27 years 😁

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2023, 09:48:11 AM »

The young lady who accompanied me to the release of Unforgiven  has been Mrs Gant for the past 27 years 😁
We all have it coming kid ...

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2023, 09:49:36 AM »

🤣🤣🤣

Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2023, 07:19:59 AM »

Hi everyone,
I was thinking that Juror #2 filming would have been wrapped, had the strike not happened.
In your opinion, how long wiil the strike last ? Do you think that Clint can lose his enthusiasm about that project, when we know how fast he likes moving ?
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2023, 08:18:56 AM »

Hocine, I think they were three weeks into a two month projected shoot, so I agree with you they'd likely be done by now without the strike. I don't think any of our board regular members work in the film industry, so we don't have any direct insight into this, but I think it may be wrapped up by early fall, perhaps the September/October timeframe. I've also seen estimates this could last until the end of the year. Since the studios have submitted a proposal, I am hoping we are closer to the end now. 

I am a bit concerned about the strategy that the unions appear to be following. It doesn't appear to be constructive to me. In order to resolve the strikes, I think there need to be concessions to reach a reasonable compromise. The studios appear to have made multiple attempts to both meet with WGA, in addition to submitting a proposal, to make progress, but a counter proposal has not been submitted, to my knowledge, and the union representing the strikers has done nothing but criticize the studio offers and attempts. I understand and appreciate that not all issues were satisfactorily addressed by the studio proposal, but as an outsider to this, that doesn't seem to me like a successful formula to get to a resolution here, which there needs to be for both the viability of the studios as well as the actors and writers. Not only has there not been a concession, but the WGA actually has added additional criteria to resolve the strikes related to additional insurance or unemployment benefits. Typically, during a negotiation, you do not add additional requirements, and you make efforts to submit counter proposals, and you don't relentlessly attack your partner in negotiations during the negotiations process after they submit a proposal. I am concerned about the approach the union is taking here to resolving the very legitimate issues that they have that led to the strike, especially given the studios have much more financial resources to weather the impact of a strike than the writers and actors who are often living paycheck to paycheck. I acknowledge that the studios have not always acted in good faith, especially before the strike, but in order to move forward, there need to be concessions on the part of the unions, in my opinion, which I have yet to see reported. There may be behind the scenes reasons for this that I don't have visibility into, but what does everyone else think? Do others agree with me, or are you seeing this differently, and why?
Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2023, 09:04:47 AM »

AKA23,
Thank you for your rich analysis.
The situation seems very complicated in Hollywood.
Everybody wants to defend his interests.
The writers and the actors are obviously more vulnerable than the studios.
I agree with you: the studios, the writers and the actors have to reach some reasonable compromises in order to resolve the strikes. By now, it seems that the actors and the writers do not want to give an inch. They do not trust the studios.
Generally, American people have not the reputation to go to the strikes easily.
In France, going to the strikes is a national sport.
Anyway, I hope they will eventually find a satisfying resolution to each part.
I hope that Clint will be able to go back filming and complete Juror #2 very soon.
Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2023, 01:48:56 AM »

Hi everyone,
It seems that the strike is coming to an end.
In fact, the WGA and the studios would have found an agreement.
Would you have more news ?
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2023, 06:23:49 AM »

This project was stopped due to the actors strike, not the writers strike. While this is a positive sign that the studios are willing to resolve some of these issues, they still need to resolve the issues with the SAG before filming can be resumed.
Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2023, 07:49:11 AM »

This project was stopped due to the actors strike, not the writers strike. While this is a positive sign that the studios are willing to resolve some of these issues, they still need to resolve the issues with the SAG before filming can be resumed.

Yes, you are right.
Hopefully, the SAG will return to the negotiations table with the studios.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2023, 01:42:30 PM »

Yeah, seems like a good sign that it looks like the writer's strike may be over soon. Hopefully the SAG strike will be coming to an end soon.
Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2023, 03:15:33 PM »

« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 03:42:34 PM by Hocine » Logged
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2023, 02:48:07 PM »

Clint Eastwood is no longer listed as part of the cast in the IMBD listing for "Juror #2".
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2023, 11:31:07 PM »

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2023, 08:03:39 AM »

Yeah, seems like a good sign that it looks like the writer's strike may be over soon. Hopefully the SAG strike will be coming to an end soon.
Well, it took a little longer than I'd hoped, but good news it's coming to an end.
Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2023, 11:24:31 AM »

« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 03:02:32 PM by Hocine » Logged
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2023, 09:14:57 AM »

Great news the strike is over.. if it had gone on much longer the actors mid film would have had to be de-aged 😁

exit00

Dying ain't much of a livin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2023, 02:16:56 PM »

Here is some good news:

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2023/11/9/6q45db8m5mvmnsds4hg7yjzrknnxae

https://deadline.com/2023/11/actors-strike-deal-movies-restart-production-list-1235593653/

Great that there are only a couple more weeks of production... be interesting to see when in 2024 the movie will actually be released.
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2023, 10:45:45 PM »

Steve Campanelli posted on Instagram that he is flying to Savannah to work again. so this week we have shooting baby. The filming is finishing by the end of November I believe. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 11:31:43 PM by SamanMoradkhani » Logged
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2023, 02:25:29 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T