News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eastwood to Direct Juror #2 for Warner Bros as Final Film  (Read 17481 times)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #180 on: February 17, 2024, 11:48:31 AM »

I think it was Alfred Hitchcock Presents that I was browsing through some episodes that were on a streaming channel and one sounded similar to the idea of this movie. I was curious if this movie is based on any source material or if it's just a coincidence. The Hitchcock episode was something like the real killer is on the jury. There has been no indication that that is what Juror #2 is about specifically, but it does sound like the juror in this new movie does have a moral dilemma like maybe he knows who committed the crime.

I'm looking forward to the movie. Hopefully we'll find out soon when it's going to come out, and it would be nice to see a trailer.
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #181 on: February 17, 2024, 11:46:14 PM »

I think it was Alfred Hitchcock Presents that I was browsing through some episodes that were on a streaming channel and one sounded similar to the idea of this movie. I was curious if this movie is based on any source material or if it's just a coincidence. The Hitchcock episode was something like the real killer is on the jury. There has been no indication that that is what Juror #2 is about specifically, but it does sound like the juror in this new movie does have a moral dilemma like maybe he knows who committed the crime.

I'm looking forward to the movie. Hopefully, we'll find out soon when it's going to come out, and it would be nice to see a trailer.

That's The Star Juror you are talking about, in Alfred Hitchcock Hour. and it's amazing that you mentioned this. the story looks great actually. the theme, the plot, the suspense, and the narrative are the ones Alfred Hitchcock would be thrilled to do. and he did. I have high hopes for this one. Maybe a Cannes opening would do the justice.
anyways, here is the IMDB link for the episode mentioned.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0394087/
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 11:47:59 PM by SamanMoradkhani » Logged
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #182 on: February 18, 2024, 04:24:50 AM »

I?m very much looking forward to this, as I do all Eastwood films..
I?m a big fan of courtroom dramas ( I studied law at college) so I guess I?m hoping for a very tense courtroom drama..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #183 on: February 18, 2024, 01:05:32 PM »

That's The Star Juror you are talking about, in Alfred Hitchcock Hour. and it's amazing that you mentioned this. the story looks great actually. the theme, the plot, the suspense, and the narrative are the ones Alfred Hitchcock would be thrilled to do. and he did. I have high hopes for this one. Maybe a Cannes opening would do the justice.
anyways, here is the IMDB link for the episode mentioned.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0394087/
Thanks for that, I'll have to check the episode out.
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #184 on: February 19, 2024, 01:29:06 AM »

I?m very much looking forward to this, as I do all Eastwood films..
I?m a big fan of courtroom dramas ( I studied law at college) so I guess I?m hoping for a very tense courtroom drama..

we all do love courtroom dramas. and the success and resonance of this year's Anatomy of a Fall with critics and people is the proof for that. Eastwood is probably the greatest living storyteller and, I sincerely hope, he delivers. AGAIN.
Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #185 on: February 23, 2024, 05:27:58 PM »

Hi everyone,
This is not really a news. Not yet at least. World of Reel talks about Juror #2 chances going to Cannes Film Festival.

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2024/2/23/5qand9bip5vb70a091h5hli3hv0rus
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #186 on: February 25, 2024, 04:14:52 AM »

I think itd be awesome for Clint to make one last appearance at the Canne film festival..
Imagine the reception he?d get ..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #187 on: March 02, 2024, 09:18:18 AM »

From Deadline, a very reliable industry source:

There had been anticipation that Steve McQueen?s Apple drama Blitz could be a Croisette debut but we hear that is unlikely. Same story for Apple?s Sydney Sweeney-Julianne Moore starrer Echo Valley, and Clint Eastwood?s undated Juror #2, which isn?t expected to make a surprise Croisette appearance.

https://deadline.com/2024/02/cannes-film-festival-2024-movies-furiosa-george-miller-coppola-sorrentino-1235841515/

AndrewCarterMalpaso

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #188 on: March 02, 2024, 04:29:40 PM »

That is News it's an Official Source links to Eastwood's Own X Account.
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #189 on: March 04, 2024, 01:14:34 PM »

Apparently 4-time Oscar winning Sound Designer Richard King (Oppenheimer, Dune Part Two, Dunkirk, Inception, Master & Commander) has joined Clint Eastwood?s Juror No. 2

Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #190 on: March 07, 2024, 06:53:09 AM »

Hi everyone,
Here is an article from Carmel Magazine, Spring 2024 issue:

https://carmelmagazine.com/uncategorized/american-legend
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #191 on: March 07, 2024, 09:00:19 AM »

Nice interview with Clint. A little disappointed they didn't preview a time frame for the release of "Juror #2". Summer, fall of 2024 etc. From the interview, there doesn't seem to be any mention of Eastwood planning to retire after this film, and he says "I've never really thought of retiring", but perhaps they are waiting to announce that closer to release as part of the marketing. I found it a bit odd that they interviewed quite a few of his children for this article. That does seem like something that might coincide with a retirement, but so did the 50 year retrospective documentary series that Warners did during the marketing of "Cry Macho", and then he ended up continuing to make "Juror #2". 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 09:42:42 AM by AKA23 » Logged
Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #192 on: March 08, 2024, 06:52:11 AM »

Yes, I am a little disappointed too: we have no real news about Juror #2. However, I do not think that it will be released before next fall. In fact, Warner Bros has a busy calendar this year. Moreover, releasing a courtroom drama in the middle of summer would be inappropriate. Who knows ? Maybe it will be shown at Cannes Film Festival, even if its chances are thin, according to Deadline. About Clint future, I think that he will make some other films, as long as he is healthy. I hope seeing him as an actor again, even if he prefers directing than acting. But I would not like seeing him just playing Clint Eastwood, even if it is enjoyable. I mean I would like seeing him playing against type role, like Anthony Hopkins in The Father, for instance.
The fact that his children were interviewed is not so surprising, since it was for Carmel Magazine, which is not a film magazine but a community magazine.
AndrewCarterMalpaso

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2024, 01:05:35 PM »

You talk a bunch of bull $#!t a video from Clint Eastwood can't be faked. And you do know who runs forums don't you.
Hammerhead

Get the hell out of the way, hammerhead.

View Profile Email
« Reply #194 on: March 28, 2024, 01:59:11 AM »

You talk a bunch of bull $#!t a video from Clint Eastwood can't be faked. And you do know who runs forums don't you.

You sound lovely, great to have you here.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #195 on: March 28, 2024, 08:41:13 AM »

I'm not sure what you mean, but I have a lot of questions. :D What's the video in question? Am I missing something here? And what forums are you talking about? This one?
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #196 on: March 28, 2024, 10:49:06 AM »

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #197 on: March 30, 2024, 06:04:19 AM »

Eastwood retirement watch! Robert Lorenz, Eastwood's long-time producer who last directed "Trouble with the Curve" for him before moving on to direct his own projects, has given an interview, and in it, he says that Eastwood told him he was in fact planning to retire before he made  this new film, so this may be some evidence that "Juror #2" may in fact be his last film and that before making it, he may have been looking for a strong film to end his career on.

You know, honestly, I thought he would have stopped by now. He doesn't need to do it. I talked to him just before Juror #2. I've talked to him since then. But before that, when I talked to him, he said, 'No, I don't think I'm going to do anymore.' And then the next thing I know he's doing [ Juror No. 2 ].?

https://movieweb.com/clint-eastwood-final-film-juror-no-2-robert-lorenz-interview/
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 06:18:11 AM by AKA23 » Logged
Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #198 on: April 01, 2024, 10:06:00 AM »

Interesting article. However, there is no official news. About retirement, Robert Lorenz just said never say never with Clint. At this point of his career and his life, the fact that Clint is slowing down is not particularly surprising. According to the article, Juror #2 may be released in the first half of 2024. Then we have to see the trailer and the poster yet. At first sight, this film is not a summer film but why not ? What do you think ?

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #199 on: April 01, 2024, 03:14:57 PM »

This is true. This is not an official confirmation, but it's the closest we've gotten to one. The articles thus far saying this have been from anonymous sources, while this is from Rob Lorenz, who would know and has shared that Eastwood told him directly that he wasn't planning to make any more movies. It doesn't mean he couldn't change his mind later, he did that with acting, but it's more of a confirmation than we had previously that he is probably seriously thinking about retirement. It's possible we may not get a confirmation until the film is released, or, potentially, never, as it's possible Eastwood will never actually announce that he's retiring, but just decide not to make any more movies. I think the release date information is based on previous articles and not this interview, as Rob Lorenz never says anything about a release date or timeframe in the interview itself, so that's likely not reliable information.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 03:17:03 PM by AKA23 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T