News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eastwood to Direct Juror #2 for Warner Bros as Final Film  (Read 26828 times)
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2024, 02:31:17 AM »

nice interview,
I bet Juror #2's performance will play a strong role in Eastwood's future plans or decisions. If it turns out to be actually great, I wouldn't be surprised to see him directing another one.
Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2024, 11:24:24 AM »

nice interview,
I bet Juror #2's performance will play a strong role in Eastwood's future plans or decisions. If it turns out to be actually great, I wouldn't be surprised to see him directing another one.

Maybe, maybe not. If Juror #2 was great, it would be a good occasion for Clint to finish his career on a high note.
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #202 on: April 03, 2024, 12:49:51 AM »

Maybe, maybe not. If Juror #2 was great, it would be a good occasion for Clint to finish his career on a high note.

I hope that comes true. still can't believe I get to watch another Eastwood film in 2024! lifetime joy.
Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #203 on: April 11, 2024, 08:41:58 AM »

Finally, Juror #2 is not going to Cannes Film Festival.
However, two Warner Bros films will be there but out of competition: Horizon: an American Saga directed by Kevin Costner and Furiosa (Mad Max prequel) directed by George Miller.
A couple days ago, Warner Bros presented its 2024 slate at Cinemacon: nothing about Juror #2.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #204 on: April 17, 2024, 10:20:40 AM »

Sounds like the film is completed and that Warner Bros is happy with it, so that is some very good news! "Variety" is an extremely reputable insider source, so I think this is likely a credible report. This info is included in a longer article about older Hollywood directors and their upcoming projects. There is also some news here about Scorsese and Spielberg.

But maybe no feat of career longevity is as impressive as that of Clint Eastwood. The 93-year-old director just wrapped postproduction on ?Juror No. 2.? Insiders say Warner Bros. is thrilled by what it has seen of the Nicholas Hoult thriller about a murder trial juror who realizes he may be at fault for the victim?s death. If the film is ultimately embraced, that will offer a fitting plot twist considering several studios passed on the low-risk, low-budget film. Even at 93, Eastwood should never be counted out. 

Eastwood is the great-grandfather of the geriatric generation,? Schrader jokes. ?But there?s a guy from Portugal, [Cannes alum] Manoel de Oliveira, who worked till he was 104. So Clint still has a ways to go to catch him.?   

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/martin-scorsese-frank-sinatra-biopic-dicaprio-jennifer-lawrence-1235973769/
Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2024, 06:45:23 PM »

Yes, that is some very good news!
I hope that some other news about the release date and the trailer are coming soon.
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #206 on: April 18, 2024, 11:47:41 AM »

Sounds like the film is completed and that Warner Bros is happy with it, so that is some very good news! "Variety" is an extremely reputable insider source, so I think this is likely a credible report. This info is included in a longer article about older Hollywood directors and their upcoming projects. There is also some news here about Scorsese and Spielberg.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/martin-scorsese-frank-sinatra-biopic-dicaprio-jennifer-lawrence-1235973769/
Yeah, no. I never doubted that. the story is great, the cast is solid, and a legend is doing it. Hopefully, we get more news in no time.
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #207 on: May 15, 2024, 04:10:13 PM »

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #208 on: May 17, 2024, 11:51:17 AM »

Wow, I wouldn't have expected the movie to get a rating so soon. I wonder when this is going to be released.
Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #209 on: May 17, 2024, 05:53:45 PM »

At least, now we can have the certainty that Juror #2 is really completed.
Unlike most of Warner Bros films to be released this year, Juror #2 has no trailer and no poster online yet.
However, I would expect to see a trailer this summer. Or maybe, on Clint birthday, who knows?
About the release date, it will likely happen this fall. What do you think?

SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #210 on: May 19, 2024, 09:23:26 AM »

At least, now we can have the certainty that Juror #2 is really completed.
Unlike most of Warner Bros films to be released this year, Juror #2 has no trailer and no poster online yet.
However, I would expect to see a trailer this summer. Or maybe, on Clint birthday, who knows?
About the release date, it will likely happen this fall. What do you think?

we are on the same page here. I also believe that a fall release is most likely. If the Variety report was correct and WB is "thrilled" by the movie, then giving it an award-friendly release date would make sense.
Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #211 on: June 07, 2024, 01:47:16 AM »

Hi everyone,

Here is a podcast, posted 3 months ago, in which actor Nicholas Hoult talks about some of his experiences in film business. There is also a chapter on Clint from 58min30sec to 1h01min19sec.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JfSKcP8vTGU&pp=ygUWTmljaG9sYXMgaG91bHQgcG9kY2FzdA%3D%3D

About Juror #2, it is a little weird that no release date was officially announced at this point, since it is supposed to be part of Warner Bros 2024 slate. Some of us had the same thoughts on Cry Macho, whose trailer finally came in early August 2021, just one month before the film was released.

What do you think?
SamanMoradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #212 on: June 07, 2024, 10:53:59 PM »

Hi everyone,

Here is a podcast, posted 3 months ago, in which actor Nicholas Hoult talks about some of his experiences in film business. There is also a chapter on Clint from 58min30sec to 1h01min19sec.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JfSKcP8vTGU&pp=ygUWTmljaG9sYXMgaG91bHQgcG9kY2FzdA%3D%3D

About Juror #2, it is a little weird that no release date was officially announced at this point, since it is supposed to be part of Warner Bros 2024 slate. Some of us had the same thoughts on Cry Macho, whose trailer finally came in early August 2021, just one month before the film was released.

What do you think?

Hi Hocine,
thanks for the youtube reference. that's fun to watch.
Regarding the release date, I think there is a WB politics going on here. There is almost no doubt that the first half of the year for WB was, and still is, all about Dune 2, and Furiosa. After Furiosa's not-so-inspiring box-office performance, despite its generally favorable reviews, I do believe that WB's attention is now fixed on its other contenders, i.e. Joker 2 and, maybe Juror No.2
anyways, I found this article the other day from Closer Weekly. it's an interview with "A rock-solid source in Clint?s inner circle", who explains "the filmmaker is merely seeking a smooth, drama-free release of the film this fall, when the U.S. presidential election is likely to dominate the headlines." also, "Clint wants the movie to speak for itself, and the well-liked stars of the film to do the publicity,? the insider says. ?The talk show circuit has no appeal to him, and he?s all about standing the art up on its own, and letting the chips fall where they may. He knows he?s broken records, defied the odds and gone further than almost any director ever, just in terms of years. That?s enough for him and he doesn?t need any more pats on the back.?

https://www.closerweekly.com/posts/clint-eastwood-loves-working-so-much-at-94-ahead-of-new-movie/?utm_campaign=true_anthem_closer&utm_content=bestof_48hours&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

I can't wait to read everyone's take on this one.
Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #213 on: June 09, 2024, 02:45:21 PM »

Hi SamanMoradkhani,
Actually, I read that article from Closer Weekly but there is no concrete news in it.
At this point, I think that Beetlejuice Beetlejuice and Joker 2 are expected to be commercially successful for WB, after Dune 2 and Godzilla x Kong. Since we have no news about Juror #2 yet, we do not know which is the WB strategy and expectations for this one. Currently, there is some speculations about the reasons Mickey 17 from director Bong Joon-Ho was delayed until January 2025, while the 150M$ film was supposed to be released in March 2024: WB would not be happy with the directors cut.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #214 on: July 04, 2024, 08:56:55 AM »

According to World of Reel, contrary to the rumors when this film was announced, Eastwood may not be planning to retire after "Juror #2" is released. An Oscars campaign is also not planned for the film. It is not a priority for the studio. There is also still no news regarding the release date of this, but the article does repeat that it supposed to be released this fall.

Clint Eastwood's ?Juror No. 2' NOT Part of Warner Bros ?Oscar Plans" ? Might Not Be His ?Final" Film
July 4, 2024 Jordan Ruimy

....It turns out that Eastwood?s film is not a priority for Warner Bros, at least in terms of awards. If anything, they greenlit it as a thank you to Eastwood for the decades of classic works he?s given to the studio. However, it will be released this fall...Now, I have a bit of a scoop for you all. Barring any health issues, this might not actually be Eastwood?s ?final? film as has been advertised. A source tells me ?Clint?s a workaholic and he?s already looking at scripts for a possible next movie. He had a great time making this one and wants to continue on...?

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2024/7/4/clint-eastwoods-juror-no-2-not-part-of-warner-bros-oscar-plans-might-not-be-his-final-film
Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #215 on: July 04, 2024, 02:43:57 PM »

Hey AKA23,
I hope that Clint will be able to make an other film after Juror #2. Anyway, retirement has never been part of Clint philosophy or mentality. Actually, I am pretty sure that he will make an other film, if he is still healthy.
I do not think that Clint has made Juror #2 for the Oscars. Not at this particularly point of his life and career. Moreover, Clint is no more an Oscar darling. Hollywood tastes have changed a lot, regarding the last Oscars winners, and Clint films are probably too old fashioned and conservative for them.
Warners behavior toward Juror #2 seems weird or unusual: I mean it is supposed to be released this year and we have no news yet.

In your opinion, how reliable is World of Reel ?
What do you think about what they say on Juror #2 ?
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #216 on: July 04, 2024, 07:25:15 PM »

World of Reel is not Variety or the Hollywood Reporter, but I've been reading the site for years and he doesn't publish things that he doesn't believe. It's not a tabloid. I think what the sources say is likely accurate. It never seemed like an Oscar caliber film to me, but what I don't understand is, if Clint isn't retiring, and it's not an Oscar caliber film, then why are they waiting so long to release it? Clint's films are usually released a few months after filming has wrapped, and that happened a long time ago. 
Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #217 on: July 04, 2024, 11:34:16 PM »

Indeed, when filming has wrapped in summer, some Clint films were released in the next fall or winter: at least, that was the case of Million Dollar Baby, Gran Torino, American Sniper, The 15:17 to Paris, The Mule and Richard Jewell.
However, I do not see Warners to release Juror #2 in summer for instance, because it does not look like a summer film.
Juror #2 is a legal drama or thriller, then it would be more appropriate to release it in fall or even in winter.
Moreover, Warners priorities, in terms of business, seem to be Beetlejuice 2, which will be released this September and Joker 2, which will be released this October. November seems pretty calm in Warners release schedule: then, I would see Juror #2 released that month.
Hocine
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #218 on: July 20, 2024, 04:48:34 PM »

Unfortunately, it seems that Juror #2 will not be released this year.
Perhaps, Warner Bros wants to be focused on his two blockbusters which are Beetlejuice 2 and Joker 2.

Since it is not an official news, I still hope that Juror 2 will come out this fall.

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2024/7/20/clint-eastwoods-juror-no-2-not-coming-out-in-2024
« Last Edit: July 20, 2024, 05:18:00 PM by Hocine » Logged
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #219 on: July 21, 2024, 03:47:46 AM »

Perhaps this film was intended from the start to be his last film, with a production contract clause stipulating a posthumous release. A bit like Manoel de Oliveira did with ?Visita ou Mem?rias e Confiss?es? filmed in 1982, and released in 2016 just after his death, in accordance with the director's wishes. I hope that's not the plan, because I'm still impatient to see this film (and deep down, I hope that Clint will still continue to film, even if it's more and more improbable).
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T