News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First Draw Collection - Premier Episodes (2000) How much Rawhide is in this?  (Read 1871 times)
Fan

Rawhide is the best! buy it!

View Profile Email
« on: June 23, 2003, 01:45:14 PM »

I saw a VHS tape called 'First Draw Collection - Premiere Episodes (2000) , one of the reviewers claims there is some Rawhide on it!
Has anyone seen it? Which episode(s) is it? Is it a full episode or just part of one? Any information appreciated. Thanks.
and by the way . Rawhide rules. I couldn't believe how good the show was when I saw it... i thought, this was made in the fifties in black and white, it can't be any good.. wrong! it's excellent.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2003, 01:50:33 PM by Fan » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 04:33:54 PM »

Fan, I have a laserdisc titled "First Draw: The premiere episodes of Gunsmoke/Rawhide." That's all it contains ... two full episodes, one from each show. However, it may have been part of a series. I suspect the "First Draw Collection" you mention is that same series. You'd have to look for the individual tape that has the Rawhide episode.

It is the first episode from the series, "Incident of the Tumbleweed," originally aired on Jan. 9, 1959.
Fan

Rawhide is the best! buy it!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 03:06:22 PM »

Hmm.. the guy on Amazon claims it has more than Gunsmoke and Rawhide..(also Have Gun will Travel) so it might not be the same material, although it is called 'premier episodes' so it probably has the first Rawhide episdoe 'Tumbleweed', but I thought I'd check .This is what he says..

This First Draw set is an unbelieveably priced collection of the pilots or premier episodes of popular westerns of the past. Once I saw that two episodes of Have Gun Will Travel was included I was sold. Richard Boone playing Paladin was the epitome of cool decked out in his all black outfit and pencil thin moustache. One episode included a young Charles Bronson playing a bad guy.

A youthful, pre-spaghetti western Clint Eastwood playing in Rawhide also was something special. I was never a big fan of Gunsmoke but James Arness diligently does his thing as Marshal Matt Dillon in the pilot episode.

Also included in this set was the initial episode of the Wild Wild West

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T