News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: clint on dubbing GBU  (Read 2404 times)
the stranger

View Profile Email
« on: July 16, 2003, 04:04:25 PM »

:-\ Here you go Matt..
Woman July 14th 2003
Jan Janssen
You've recently worked on additional dialogue for the upcoming reissue of The good, the Bad and the Ugly, which was originally released in 1966. What was that like?

Clint Eastwood
It was an odd experience. I found myself on a soundstage doing a voice over on myself. I looked so much younger then that it felt like I was voicing my son Kyle. It's different going back- that was made a long time ago. It was hard to remember the plot line of the movie, much less the new scenes.

It's not a great deal Matt, but it's there for the record..
-Stranger-
« Last Edit: July 16, 2003, 05:06:30 PM by the stranger » Logged

When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 04:14:04 PM »

Thanks for posting that, Stranger.  :)

This is kinda funny:
It was hard to remember the plot line of the movie, much less the new scenes.

Guess he doesn't watch his films that often, huh?  ;D  

I remember Dina Eastwood said in an interview that when she and Clint were dating they rented Dirty Harry because she had never seen it and wanted to.  It struck me funny then that he didn't own it.  And now we hear he had a hard time remembering the plot line of GBU.  Well, I'm sure there's quite a few of us who would welcome him in our home if he needs a refresher on any of his movies.  :D
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2003, 04:46:52 PM »

So ... it was Woman's Own, and not Woman, Stranger? Or did both magazines run an interview with Eastwood?
the stranger

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2003, 05:05:54 PM »

Well spotted KC, I'll go back and change it.
-Stranger-

When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
Meridico

"The name on the grave is Arch Stanton."

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2003, 07:05:50 PM »

Just as a side question, will there be any other chances for me to see this redone version of the film?  The last time it was supposedly going to be on AMC again I cleared my schedule and got all set with snacks and sodas and pizza and it was just the usual edited for time television version.  

I missed the first airing of the redone film and I am beginning to think I may never get to see it.  GBU is one of my all time favorite movies.  Sometimes I think it is my favorite movie over all others.  It would be nice if there was a new DVD release for this version.  It is one film I would not mind buying another version of.  

I really am interested in seeing the dubbed scenes.  If anyone has any info that would be great.  Maybe someone taped it and I could get a copy off them at the cost of a tape?  I dunno, just an idea.  Sorry to move off the main path of the topic, just seemed like an okay place to ask this.  

Thanks for the info Stranger.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2003, 07:07:31 PM by Meridico » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T