News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Train Trestle........  (Read 40366 times)
Blu

Would you like some of Bill Carson's tobacco too ?

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2003, 07:55:46 PM »

.....BDC28, D'Ambrosia, and Brendan, I'm using the board again to put some pressure on you guys.  You did order pieces. The procedure is really very simple.

Here's how we play:

You send me your addresses and I will send
          you your trestle pieces.
          But if I even think that you're being followed,
            --The girl dies.[/i]

Hubba hubba.

-Blu

« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 08:02:13 PM by Blu » Logged

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin'[/b]...."
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2003, 05:54:35 PM »

Well Folks,

I am really looking forward to my little piece of Dirty Harry/San Francisco history.

I was thinking how all of us Clint Eastwood fans are now going to be cosmically united in our love of Clint and his films by this iron rail.  Each of us will have it mounted in some way in our homes, and it will connect us invisibly across the oceans of the world.

Thanks again to Blu for all of his efforts :D.

WKC.

Blu

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2003, 07:00:52 PM »

...You know WKC, I was thinking the exact same thing this past week.  If we all ever met somewhere in the future, say on a New Years eve in Times Square (KC, you wouldn't have to travel), we could all assemble our pieces into one cohesive unit. --sort of like the three characters in The GB & U, where each one brings "a piece of the truth " to the story.
       Of course BDC28 and D'Ambrosia would end up in the grave....   ;D

-Blu        

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2003, 07:09:47 PM »

Blu, don't be too hard on D'Ambrosia ... he sometimes disappears from this board for months at a time, but he always comes back. I'm sure he'll show up to claim his trestle piece eventually.  ;)
Blu

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2003, 08:55:16 PM »

...Well, I hope they both come back.  In the meantime,
I have a couple of alternates who may be interested in them.

Incidentally, it now dawns on me how the pieces of trestle might best be used.  Y'all could have your pieces sliced in half, have felt mounted on the bottom and on
one cut side, and use the halves as bookends, or as VHS/DVD/CD "ends" for your Eastwood collections....

-Blu
« Last Edit: November 30, 2003, 07:41:32 PM by Blu » Logged

D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2003, 11:34:28 PM »

Blu, check your PM...
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2003, 01:22:31 AM »

Incidentally, it now dawns on me how the pieces of trestle might best be used.  Y'all could have your pieces sliced in half, have felt mounted on the bottom and on
one cut side, and use the halves as bookends, or as VHS/DVD/CD "ends" for your Eastwood collections....

-Blu

Great minds surely think alike Blu ;).

It had been my intention to use it as  a Book/DVD end from the start.  Originally I thought of getting two pieces, for two ends, but eiyeee the freight!!!.  Your idea of cutting a piece in half is far more reasonable.  I think I will use the pieces soley to bookend my Eastwood stuff.

Best,

WKC
« Last Edit: December 24, 2003, 01:24:12 AM by wkc » Logged

Blu

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2003, 02:42:06 PM »

...Roger D'Amb.  Check yours... 8)

D'Ambrosia
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2004, 08:59:19 PM »

Thanks for everything Blu.  From the spike to the hunk of railway...  It's awesome.   8)
Blu

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2004, 09:48:43 AM »

No problemo.   Just waiting now for delivery confirmation from a couple of guys down under and all will have received their pieces.   BDC28, your piece went to Tokyo,  but if we can get another "round" of orders together, I can send you a piece later....Blu   8)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 09:49:34 AM by Blu » Logged

vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2004, 10:36:05 AM »

are you going to send out some more blu ?

i would be interested in another
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 10:36:39 AM by vik » Logged

england -  its flag the St George flag
Blu

View Profile Email
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2004, 07:15:21 PM »

...Only when and if we can get enough orders to make it practical....I have about 4 feet left to cut up, and according to Mark P.,  there is still more left in the pile....Blu.     8)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2004, 02:41:39 PM by Blu » Logged

philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2004, 01:55:20 AM »

Hi Blu ,

Just to let you know I received my piece of rail from The Stranger last night. Many thanks for all your help on this. Having driven by and spotting by chance the trestle a couple of years ago it was great to see the location and sad to hear of it gone. There is no way Eastwood fans from around the world could have had this if it wasn't for your goodself.

I would suggest to anyone that was thinking of ordering  a piece to do so if Blu should ever offer this again.

All the very best

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
Blu

View Profile Email
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2004, 03:04:29 PM »

....   Well as the old saying goes, I guess somebody had to do it. ;)   Actually, it was sort of an interesting side project.  If I had more time, I might buy up a lot more of the rail and produce a line of Dirty Harry book/DVD/CD "ends" and try selling them on EBay, but I really have to focus on my business now.

As far as the "piece in question goes", which is no longer in question,  if anyone wants to make an offer to that guy at the McClellan Co. for it (including anyone at Malpaso), I could get his number and possibly help to verify/confirm the piece from pictures I took of it many months ago.....

-Blu

philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2004, 07:01:02 AM »

Hi Blu,

I didn't realise that while thanking you that The Stranger had not had chance to do so.
I saw him at work last night and he asked me to add his thanks to my own. He is over the moon with his piece and plans to display it with a suitable photo etc.

I was showing him an album of stills I have just put together that included what I would call a "stunt truck" at various distances of the trestle. You can also clearly see Buddy Van Horn in Eastwood's identical costume, which seems to me that the studio were hoping that Clint might be talked out of doing the jump. This the kind of image that I will include to display my piece of rail.

Blu, from us both .... Thanks.

Philo .

Blu

View Profile Email
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2004, 06:28:18 PM »

;)   8)   Sounds like it will be a unique, one-of-a kind display Philo.  I'll see if I can get around to upgrading the certificate soon.

Best wishes All,
-Blu
« Last Edit: January 19, 2004, 06:30:25 PM by Blu » Logged

philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2004, 05:25:46 AM »

Hi Blu,

The certificate was very nicely worded, do you think by upgrading it that it could be included in the display because if so take your time and I will wait for the update.

Philo .

Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2004, 06:01:24 AM »

Got my piece today.

Thanks again Blu :D.

As you have probably read I have considered turning it into DVD ends (exclusively for my Eastwood titles) from early on, but before I go doing this, I was thinking we could all discuss our ideas of presentation and use, because maybe somebody else has a better idea.

I am now becoming unsure of my earlier idea, because although it would work, perhaps it is not the best way to get the most out of the rails potential.

Looking at it, I can see that it could look very  nice mounted under a poster/blown up photo of Harry standing on the rails.  Are there any posters for sale that depict this scene at all?  Of course the mounting would have to be VERY strong.

WKC.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2004, 06:23:40 AM by wkc » Logged

Blu

View Profile Email
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2004, 08:40:47 PM »

Philo,  I have an idea in my head of how to redo the certificate to make it:  1) more visually appealing and,
 2) much harder to forge/counterfeit --not that anyone would be crazy enough to try and sell fake pieces of it, but you never know.   Along that line, I was thinking of having a couple of shots that I took of the trestle color-copied onto one of those blank 'official certificates' and planting an "understated" gold seal on it.  Finally, I plan to personally address and sign each one (again) in ink...  Just need to figure out the best format.  But to answer your question, yes I think you will find it suitable for display with the piece.

Yes WKC, perhaps a frame with a braced platform on the bottom...  Any other ideas anyone ??

« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 08:55:14 PM by Blu » Logged

philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2004, 09:19:58 PM »

Thanks Blu,

That sounds impressive, I was wishing I could have something to display.

However don't feel rushed there is plenty of time, geting the pieces was the important bit.

Philo .

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T