News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eastwood on a Last Ride West?  (Read 28525 times)
Adam S.
Member Extraordinaire

I just go BESERK!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2004, 07:05:37 PM »

All the talk about a High Noon remake and Ron Howard got me thinking. How about Clint in a  remake of The Shootist????

"I live in a room with a green radio
Curled in the womb of a 29-year low
Four walls from Heaven and one sin from Hell
In room 17 at Deguello Motel"

Roger Alan Wade
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2004, 12:18:13 PM »

I think we should leave films that have already been made alone.
Adam S.
Member Extraordinaire

I just go BESERK!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2004, 01:01:53 PM »

Seriously though...

Who do you think would be the best choice of directors to  direct an Eastwood starring western vehicle?

WKC.

Well, The Missing was pretty good, but as far as I'm concerned there are only two great western directors still living, so if it's not Clint, then it should be the director of Dances With Wolves and Open Range, who also happened to be Clint's co-star in A Perfect World.

Roger Alan Wade
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2004, 01:13:34 PM »

Well, The Missing was pretty good, but as far as I'm concerned there are only two great western directors still living, so if it's not Clint, then it should be the director of Dances With Wolves and Open Range, who also happened to be Clint's co-star in A Perfect World.
You mean the same guy who directed The Postman ??? ;D
Adam S.
Member Extraordinaire

I just go BESERK!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2004, 05:54:25 PM »

You mean the same guy who directed The Postman ??? ;D
Yeah, but since it's not a western, it doesn't really say that he's not a great western director, jsut that he can't direct movies that suck.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Roger Alan Wade
bigdai

"Keep it secret, keep it safe."

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2004, 02:10:41 AM »

I thought the Missing was very over-rated but agree that Costner could do a good job.  Dances With Wolves was a little too long and ponderous but he certainly did a goodjob with Open Range.

I've finally got a new job! Hoorah!!!
philamopolis

Email
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2004, 07:36:06 PM »

Aside from Million Dollar Baby which Clint will Direct/produce and star. Does anyone know any new information concerning Clint doing another western. If not Last Ride West. Any?

Its great though that Clint has appeared in exactly 10 westerns and has appeared in a western genre based film in each decade from the 60's-90's It would be even better if Clint would appear in one of this decade and of course in one with his age in his mid 70's. I believe its the perfect time for him to do another western many miss them especially Clint's westerns hopefully there's a good one coming up.

Anyone know anything?

Thanks.
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2004, 07:43:29 PM »

I think he will give us another western for this decade.

WKC.

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2004, 10:40:47 PM »

It would be nice but I don't really see anything to indicate that that would happen. Every time he is asked about it he says how Unforgiven would be a perfect last western and this project that was supposedly in development isn't being mentioned or talked about. It's beginning to look more and more like this, if it ever was going to happen in the first place, isn't in the cards anymore.  What makes you think he'll give us anotehr western, wkc? :)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2004, 04:32:54 AM »

Unforgiven would be the perfect last western, but we as fans can't be selfish.  What if Clint makes another western and it's horrible?  As somebody famous once said, "You've gotta take the bad with the good."  I'm not particularly fond of Two Mules For Sister Sara, Joe Kidd and Pale Rider, but as a fan of Eastwood movies, I accept them with the rest of his output and collect them all on dvd.  Like another Dirty Harry movie, we'd all love to see Clint make another western.  Of course, if it lives up to our expectations, then that's a bonus.   ;)  

“Eyuh.”
Karizma

What every it is..they won't have a chance

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2011, 08:51:02 AM »

I think was 2003. Were told to be made of this film. "Last Ride West" project did not happen why? Eastwood, Brad Pitt would play the lead role.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2011, 05:45:49 PM »

I think was 2003. Were told to be made of this film. "Last Ride West" project did not happen why? Eastwood, Brad Pitt would play the lead role.

Karizma, the project was taken over by Ron Howard, who directed it under the title The Missing. It starred Tommy Lee Jones, and was released in 2003.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338188/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T