News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint Eastwood at the NFT - London  (Read 27061 times)
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2003, 08:18:32 PM »

Well I am finally back on the board having caught up with some sleep.
Problems with with so called great Hi Def equipment saw that I only got two hours sleep before meeting Stranger early on Tues morning.

No 3 (what a great name)

I have to repeat the story of when we met you.....

No 3 mentioned that he knew about the event from reading it here. Stranger said that we wrote here as well and said .....

I am Stranger the is is Philo ....

No 3 said "Oh so your Philo"

I said "Errr yes" thinking what is this guy going to say next and what he did say was very nice. However ......

It did make me think about how many people must read what we all write here.  :-[

Gant ....

I have no tattoos

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
right turn clyde

Shockley, you big prick !

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2003, 10:43:17 PM »

Philo, If you go to http://www.skin-design.co.uk/samples.htm you could get your signed Alcatraz script tattooed across your chest  ;)
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2003, 11:35:26 PM »

Ha ! Nothin' to worry about guys.
There was a couple of chaps deep in Eastwood conversation at the bar. One of em was coverd in tatoos.. I was just wondering if they were the dynamic duo Philo and Stranger.. guess not.

Damn... I can't believe I missed the chance to get Tarby's autograph.... ;)

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
sartana

'Someone left the cake out in the rain..'

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2003, 12:29:36 AM »

'Thanks' to this site and Sartana's original post, without which I'd still be waiting for the day.
   I'll prize that no3 queuing voucher more than the actual ticket :) :D ;D

No worries!  ;D It was  great to see Clint in the flesh, but i couldn't help but feel a bit cheated by the fact it was Parkinson doing the interviewing.  It's still annoying me that he let Tarbuck ask a question. ??? Had a few drinks (free!) in the bar after, it's a shame Clint didn't stick around.
Right, back to work. ::)

"Senor Ramirez is a very dangerous poet.."
'Corri, uomo, corri' - 1968
right turn clyde

Shockley, you big prick !

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2003, 02:04:08 AM »

He has just been interviewed on GM:TV. I was at the gym and they had the sound turned off so I don't know what he was saying, probably telling the viewers what a nice crowd were at the NFT!
sartana

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2003, 02:11:19 AM »

Hi,
The Guardian have the NFT interview on their site.

http://film.guardian.co.uk/interview/interviewpages/0,6737,1058722,00.html

:)

sartana

View Profile Email
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2003, 02:13:13 AM »

2nd time lucky!  ::)

Here's the link to the main Guardian film site:

http://film.guardian.co.uk/

philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2003, 03:34:09 AM »

Philo, If you go to http://www.skin-design.co.uk/samples.htm you could get your signed Alcatraz script tattooed across your chest  ;)

Now there would be dedication for you  ::)

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
Hammerhead

Get the hell out of the way, hammerhead.

View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2003, 05:03:23 AM »

As someone who's been a "lurker" around here for a while now, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for posting their tales about this great event.

Although I am insanely jealous of you all it is great to know that there is still hope for me to meet Clint someday.

I used to be quite obsessive about Clint when I was younger, but drifted away when he was releasing the likes of True Crime etc. However, buying the Dirty Harry films on DVD rekindled my interest, and I am really quite excited about seeing Mystic River, so much so that I intend to go along on the first day. I haven't done that since In the Line of Fire 10 years ago, when I went right after school!

So thanks again. This board has done a great job of reminding me why I loved Clint in the first place.
the stranger

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2003, 01:50:32 PM »

Well thanks Hammerhead, nice to have you around, really good of you to make such a comment ;)
-Stranger-

When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
bossstar123

Big CE fan and film buff

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2013, 06:53:27 AM »

Hello

I am new here and came across your website  last night.

Had to join as being a Eastwood fan myself I have to post my experience's here.
Start with being in this one.

2003-how time has flown by..

NFT-missed getting tickets myself for this but it worked out in the end.

There was also a screening being shown at Warner Brothers (Leceister Sq) the same time they was showing it at NFT. He had turned up there just before  he went to NFT.
Apparently signed for a few people.
Anyway I was one of the people to be standing out in the cold waiting for him to come out.
The audience started coming out and I took my chance and sneaked past the security to go back in.
At that moment CE was standing near the VIP room having press take his photo.
I took the opportunity and got my DVD of Good,the bad the ugly signed by him.  :)
If anyone took any photos of him inside, I would love to see  as I may be in them ppplllllsssseeeeeee  8) 8)
here is the autograph.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/eastwoodclint2.jpg/

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:13:16 AM by bossstar123 » Logged

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing.
bossstar123

Big CE fan and film buff

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2013, 06:55:01 AM »

If you want to see my auto--please ask and I will post it on here.

I have had plenty of other op's with CE and will share with you when I get the chance.

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2013, 07:44:58 AM »

Welcome to the Eastwood Web Board, bossstar123! Thanks for sharing your experience with us, and we'd be glad to see any of your autographs and pictures. 8)
bossstar123

Big CE fan and film buff

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2013, 08:01:45 AM »

Welcome to the Eastwood Web Board, bossstar123! Thanks for sharing your experience with us, and we'd be glad to see any of your autographs and pictures. 8)
Thank you and I will when I get the chance.

The first time I met him was in 2003 in Canne for Mystic River.

Will post soon and  I found a video with me in it  8) 8) 8)

bossstar123

Big CE fan and film buff

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2013, 12:16:05 PM »

Great film, one of his best directing efforts. Watched the film then there was a 20 minute break. Dina and friends came into the audience. Christopher Frayling was there. Interview was a bit dull. All the usual replies to Q's eg Warners didn't want to pay him to direct Misty, outlived his critics etc. Did say he would definately only Direct OR Act in the future and not both as Bloodwork tired him out. Would do a Western with the right story. Admires Hitchcock, Hawks Siegel & Leone. Asked any Directors alive he admired and he said Wolfgang Peterson and Das Boat (Boot). He's not keen on modern blockbusters and Ben & J. Lo (good man!) but does like watcking animated films (Finding Nemo) with his young kids. I didn't take notes so have probably missed stuff out. He got booed by the crowd on his way out!! Fans and press queued for hours and his car was backed up to the door. No photo's or even a wave as he got into car. Managed a few snaps though  ;) I was stood next to him in the foyer, but all the conversation was just people congratulating him etc.  A great night though, superb film and nice to actually see him after all these years. RTC. PS He's not that tall!! I'm 6'4" and was standing by him, he's 6'1"- 6'2" at most which was a real surprise!!
Hi.
Don't suppose you could share the pics you took in the foyer.. I was there.:-)

bossstar123

Big CE fan and film buff

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2013, 03:16:41 AM »

Hello

I am new here and came across your website  last night.

Had to join as being a Eastwood fan myself I have to post my experience's here.
Start with being in this one.

2003-how time has flown by..

NFT-missed getting tickets myself for this but it worked out in the end.

There was also a screening being shown at Warner Brothers (Leceister Sq) the same time they was showing it at NFT. He had turned up there just before  he went to NFT.
Apparently signed for a few people.
Anyway I was one of the people to be standing out in the cold waiting for him to come out.
The audience started coming out and I took my chance and sneaked past the security to go back in.
At that moment CE was standing near the VIP room having press take his photo.
I took the opportunity and got my DVD of Good,the bad the ugly signed by him.  :)
If anyone took any photos of him inside, I would love to see  as I may be in them ppplllllsssseeeeeee  8) 8)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/eastwoodclint2.jpg/
just posted the auto ;-)

higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2013, 08:42:09 PM »

I read this thread for the first time and loved it.  :)  All the guys who participated to the NFT would have a wonderful experience!!  O0

Thanks bossstar123, for making me discover this thread.  :)
And welcome to this board!   But you put for about 10 years to join everyone?!  :o

BTW....

I was staying in Munich one time and I took the train up to Bayreuth the day they were doing Tristan und Isolde. It had been sold out for maybe a year, so I told myself I was just doing it to see the sights in the town. And what do you know ... I GOT A TICKET. (Bought it from someone in a group that had one ticket too many for some reason or other.)

Still one of the best memories of my opera-going career.  8)

What coincidence for that!?  This year, we hear a lot about Bayreuth!!
Because this year is the anniversary of 200 years of Wagner!!  :angel:

Wilhelm Richard Wagner (22 mai 1813, Leipzig - 13 février 1883, Venise)

http://www.dw.de/top-stories/wagner-200/s-31774

http://voix-des-arts.blogspot.fr/2012/12/celebrating-200-years-of-verdi-and.html

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2013, 10:37:14 PM »

^ Yes, though the Wagner bicentennial is just a BIT off topic in this thread! ;D
bossstar123

Big CE fan and film buff

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2013, 02:21:46 PM »

I read this thread for the first time and loved it.  :)  All the guys who participated to the NFT would have a wonderful experience!!  O0

Thanks bossstar123, for making me discover this thread.  :)
And welcome to this board!   But you put for about 10 years to join everyone?!  :o

BTW....

What coincidence for that!?  This year, we hear a lot about Bayreuth!!
Because this year is the anniversary of 200 years of Wagner!!  :angel:

Wilhelm Richard Wagner (22 mai 1813, Leipzig - 13 février 1883, Venise)

http://www.dw.de/top-stories/wagner-200/s-31774

http://voix-des-arts.blogspot.fr/2012/12/celebrating-200-years-of-verdi-and.html
No probs.... Just came about this thanks to google

palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2013, 12:01:41 AM »

Fabulous to re-visit this thread. My first ever posts on this forum after a while lurking after a night where I got to see Clint in person for the first time.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T