News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Parkinson NOW RECORDING TONIGHT!!!  (Read 5132 times)
the stranger

View Profile Email
« on: October 08, 2003, 02:26:38 AM »

Just to let everyone know, Parkinson is now being recorded tonight (Wednesday) instead of the usual Thursday night slot.
-Stranger-

When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2003, 10:36:06 AM »

With 90 mins to go to show time here at Television centre I was called to inform me although it is a sell out they have two production tickets for me and The Stranger.

Here we go again !!!   :o

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2003, 11:25:17 AM »

wonder what film's parky would have seen tonite  :-\  
at least he can say he has lived now   ;) 2 times  ;D

-- yeh enjoy and get Clint's autograph  
« Last Edit: October 08, 2003, 02:14:03 PM by vik » Logged

england -  its flag the St George flag
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2003, 11:26:20 AM »

Lets hope he gets the titles right for the cameras... ;)

Have a great night fellas.

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
mmpreacher

Nag Nag Nag

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2003, 01:15:48 PM »

No production ticket for me but i managed to watch it all on the internal loop including the rehersals.

The interview was a treat. conducted far more fluently than that at the nft. Clint was relaxed enough to do a James Stewart impression and was also in good humour. For those of us at the NFT ther is alot of repetition but certainly an enjoyable interview.

vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2003, 02:05:32 PM »

what they do at the rehearsals?- besides drinking a few beers   ;)

-- looking forward to saturday - glad it all went well
« Last Edit: October 08, 2003, 02:14:35 PM by vik » Logged

allycat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2003, 01:47:27 PM »

Parkinson with Clint is broadcast at 10.25pm GMT tonight! (That's about 35 mins' time). I really wanted to go to the Guardian interview with Clint - Parky was doing that too. Did anyone mention that before? It was last Tuesday evening in London. Unfortunately I was working - unpaid work experience, so I don't even have money to motivate me! Anyway, don't forget to watch those of you in the UK!

Everyone will be pleased to know that I handed in my dissertation on Hitchcock, Location & Set Design on Thur Oct 2nd so I'm free to come on here now. Although I'm totally knackered (tired) from going straight into working for no money as I just mentioned, 'cause I don't get home 'til 7pm. Plus my dad is permanently glued to the computer so I can't get near it.

Anyway, I digress. I'm going to spend my small amount of free time watching and re-watching the Clint videos that I meant to watch ages ago (some I still haven't seen!) Then I can join in with some discussions that aren't on the Off-Topic section of the board.

Sorry I didn't come back sooner. I missed you all!
It'll be great to see Mystic River at the cinema. I've never seen a Clint film on the big screen before (oh for shame!)

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
the stranger

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2003, 02:20:39 PM »

;) You're gonna love Mystic River Ally!
-Stranger-

When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2003, 03:41:53 PM »

saw parkinson tonight can't believe they didn't do a whole dedicated show

thought the guardian lecture was much better

Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2003, 03:42:58 PM »

:D

Just watched the Parkinson interview and I thought Clint was great! 8)  He was on good form; laid back and suave.  It's the first time I've seen him in an "as live" interview, with the spontaneity that comes with events before an audience.  The strongest impression I got was of his humility, and his serious love for his work.  

They talked a bit about Mystic River, and a clip of Sean Penn's interview with the police was shown.  They also talked about his motivation to work, and a bit about his early years, his not having a huge entourage, and having kids later in life (Clint gave a response I've heard him use before: "my kids weren't gonna give me any grand children, so I had my own", which got a good laugh).  

At the end Parky asked "what's it like being a sex symbol at 73?"  Clint sort of laughed that off, but after tonight it's clear he still has that "special something"! ;)
the stranger

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2003, 03:44:48 PM »

As I said in a previous post Vik, the show should have been a one man show. But a delight to watch once again, and the man still looks so cool. ;)
-Stranger-
PS So glad you enjoyed it Lilly.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2003, 03:46:33 PM by the stranger » Logged

Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2003, 03:49:11 PM »

saw parkinson tonight can't believe they didn't do a whole dedicated show

Yes, I think after it's taken all this time to get Clint on Parky, and given he's a man of such stature, they ought to have given him longer.  Maybe Clint didn't want too long an interview, but it seemed something of a disservice to give him more or less the same time as Jennifer Saunders and Ben Elton. >:(  

But I thought Clint had particular gravitas appearing after Elton, who Clint (politely I think) referred to as "glib".
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2003, 04:01:23 PM »

PS So glad you enjoyed it Lilly.

Cheers Stranger.  It was really special to see something with Clint that's up-to-date, and even in Britain; sort of makes him seem more real somehow.  I suppose he must seem pretty real to you after Wednesday night! 8)
right turn clyde

Shockley, you big prick !

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2003, 06:35:16 AM »

Is he still in the UK (Sunday)? Has he got plans to do anything else over here or do we wait till he's next over here for more sightings?
allycat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2003, 01:20:53 PM »

I agree with Lilly, the whole show should have been devoted to Clint! He came across as so warm and funny and intelligent, I wish there'd been more time for him to talk. I'm sure I will love Mystic River Stranger! When is it out here? I caught a bit of Magnum Force on TCM last night, I haven't seen that yet, would you believe! That's quite nasty when the pimp murders the prostitute by pouring cleaning fluid down her mouth...people often seem to die nasty deaths in Clint films! Or maybe there are just a lot of deaths. I really need to swot up on my Clint films. I don't own all of them either! Nearly all. I'm broke at the moment, in fact, in the red, so you'll have to forgive me. I'm desperate to get Unforgiven on the double DVD.
P.S. I'm sorry Clyde, I have no idea how long Clint is in the UK. I would've thought he'd be returning to America soon.
P.P.S. Does anyone know if I can view the transcript or even hear the Guardian interview online?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2003, 01:22:36 PM by allycat » Logged

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
right turn clyde

Shockley, you big prick !

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2003, 02:23:41 PM »

Alley, you can read the full transcript of the evening at
http://film.guardian.co.uk/interview/interviewpages/0,6737,1058722,00.html
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T