News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did Clint top Unforgiven?  (Read 2082 times)
JSL

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« on: October 15, 2003, 08:44:26 PM »

I went to see Mystic River today and was totally blown away by it.   I was expecting it to be quite good since Clint is a terrific director and the reviews have been positive.   But even with that this movie still surpassed my expectations.    The 2hrs and 17 minutes just flew right by and I felt like I was watching the struggles of real people.  The film had an excellent combination of suspense and drama.   Plus Clint's film score was pretty haunting and fit in perfectly.

As much as I love Unforgiven I think that Mystic River might've just surpassed it and is now Clint Eastwood's directorial masterpiece.   I expect to see Clint get his second Oscar nomination for Best Director and hopefully he'll win.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 09:02:28 PM »

To answer your question ...
Did Clint top Unforgiven?

No.

But thanks for your review, JSL ... Now that the film has opened "Wide" ... should we start an "official no spoilers" thread and an "official spoilers" thread for the comments of members of this Board?  :)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 11:11:59 PM »

Yes, I suppose we were a little late starting those threads. :-[

But I did now! :D This is our new "no spoiler" thread--(Who saw MYSTIC RIVER? (NO SPOILERS) and the new "spoiler" thread--(MYSTIC RIVER comments (WARNING: SPOILERS ALLOWED)

JSL, I've quoted your post into the official "no spoiler" Mystic River thread, and I'm locking this one so that we can keep all the reviews in one of those two threads.

Thanks for posting.  :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T