News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint talks to Jonathon Ross  (Read 4749 times)
No 3

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« on: October 12, 2003, 10:45:13 AM »

Just a tip-off / reminder,more Mystic River talk on 'Film 2003' on Tuesday 14th Oct. at 11:35 pm  BBC 1.
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2003, 11:35:21 AM »

that will be an experience for clint  if he thought ben elton was glib  try rossie ;D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2003, 11:37:40 AM by vik » Logged

england -  its flag the St George flag
the stranger

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2003, 03:59:19 PM »

I thought that was a harmless little interview :)
Clint looked very relaxed, and a fun little story at the end that Clyde now hangs out with the golfing community in Las Vegas ;D
Nice stuff.
-Stranger-

When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2003, 04:16:08 PM »

:) Yes, pretty brief but good.  I usually find Jonathan Ross to be a bit annoying, but he's obviously a Clint fan and was very respectful.  Actually there seemed to be more interesting film discussion in this short interview than in the longer, more general chat on Parky.

I liked Clint's anecdote about how, when editing Bridges, he used a lot of footage that included "good mistakes".  He said that when he first showed the completed film to Meryl Streep, she was surprised to see he'd "used all her mistakes", which Clint thought were "wonderful".

Yeah, it made me laugh when Clint joked that Clyde is now "out on the Strip with a couple of babes". ;D

I also liked that little excerpt they showed at the beginning of the programme, but which they cut out of the interview: Clint sniffed the flowers next to him and said he was "just taking a little time out to smell the roses". 8)
the stranger

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2003, 04:35:30 PM »

Agreed, the teaser clip was a delight, why didn't they leave it in??? ::)
I'd like to get my hands on the entire interview, the whole thing looked very very relaxed.
-Stranger-

When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2003, 04:46:39 PM »

Yes, Clint did seem particularly at ease.  Damned time constraints compelled them to cut it I suppose; though personally I would have shortened some of the other stuff about Sean Connery's new film.  After all, it's not every day you get an interview with Clint Eastwood! ::)

Agreed, Stranger, it'd be great to see it uncut - I bet we missed some gems. :(
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2003, 05:14:00 PM »

I just had a look at the Film 2003 web site.  They don't have a transcript or video of the interview up yet, but I just emailed them to suggest they put a full, uncut version on the video page. :D  (I also emailed The Guardian to ask about getting audio of the NFT interview online, but they are unforthcoming as yet.)

P.S. Thanks for the tip-off about tonight's programme No.3. :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2003, 05:16:24 PM by Lilly » Logged
the stranger

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2003, 05:19:29 PM »

hmm, the other thing that really gets me is, it is simply followed by a feature film? Why not make it a film 2003 Special? I'm making an educated guess here, but I would not be suprised if the whole interview was no more than 20 mins. Yes, they should have shown it in full, you're right, it isn't every day you have Clint in a chair, in a studio...

Can you let me know how you get on Lilly, regarding the NFT hunt, don't forget the whole interview was also filmed by them for their Archives?
-Stranger-
PS Good Luck.

Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2003, 05:26:03 PM »

A special, that's a good idea.  Sometimes I wonder about the rationale behind decision making at the Beeb. ???  They could have taken the opportunity for a piece of quality, interesting programming.  

Sure, I'll keep you informed, and post if it comes to anything.  I didn't realise they'd filmed it...perhaps I'll email the dudes at the NFT as well. :)
the stranger

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2003, 05:46:27 PM »

Lilly, I've also just sent a long e-mail to the film 2003 office, explaining that it was an opportunity, not used to it's fullest potential etc etc etc.
I've explained that I actually work there, in the hope that it may prompt a response.
-Stranger-

Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2003, 06:03:19 PM »

:D Great work stranger!  I hope they get back to you, and take on board the criticism.  

I just emailed the BFI website feedback people about putting the NFT interview on the web, and the BFI footage sales people about the possibility of selling it on DVD - a long shot I know, but worth a try!
the stranger

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2003, 06:29:00 PM »

You don't get nothing in this world unless you ask Lilly ;)
Hope we hear something. Good job!
-Stranger-

vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2003, 12:00:40 PM »

yeh i thought rossie did a good job  

there is a transcipt now
« Last Edit: October 15, 2003, 12:03:25 PM by vik » Logged

england -  its flag the St George flag
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2003, 12:21:11 PM »

Yeak... Ross did a good job. I found this interview a bit more relaxed and fun than the others. Ross knows his stuff and was obviously very pleased to be meeting the man... Unbelievable that Parkinson squeezed Clint in with other guests... Jeeez! Eltons about as funny these days as a cup of cold sick.

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
the stranger

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2003, 03:43:41 PM »

Evening all!
Had a reply from the film 2003 office today:
Thanks for your email, I should be putting the broadcast Clint Eastwood
interview up on our website within the next week, (hopefully in the next
day or two, we have just launched a new website design so things are not
as immediate as usual!).

What went out on the TV show was actually the full interview with Clint.
The film company only gave the programme 10 minutes with him, although
of course the show would have liked to do a fuller interview.

So there won't be any extras online, but at least it will be good  to
be able to see it again.

I'll try to email you once it is live but otherwise you should be able
to find it via www.bbc.co.uk/films/film_2003

Best wishes,

Jen Foley
BBCi Films website

I'm not surprised really..
-Stranger-

Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2003, 11:53:44 AM »

Thanks stranger...well it was worth a try.  I suppose Clint's time is much in demand.  I had a similar email from Jen Foley, and she just emailed to say that the Eastwood stuff is now online.  There's a more or less complete transcript, and two video clips - not bad.  Plus a link to this site. :)

The Clint content is HERE.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T