News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CLINT ON BACK ROW RADIO 4 18 OCT 2003  (Read 2413 times)
the stranger

View Profile Email
« on: October 17, 2003, 12:10:46 PM »

STARTING 17.30-1800
In the last forty years Clint Eastwood has racked up 45 starring roles, directed 24 films and popped a Director and Best Picture Oscar onto his sideboard. On Saturday 18 October in a UK radio exclusive Clint Eastwood joins Jim White to look back at his career.

Clint Eastwood's latest release  Mystic River, a tale of revenge and memory, abuse and duty, stars Tim Robbins and Laurence Fishburne, who talk to Back Row about their admiration for Eastwood's directorial approach.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/arts/backrow/backrow.shtml
-Stranger-

When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 12:23:07 PM »

:D Excellent!  Thanks for the tip off stranger.  The cool thing is that even if you're busy, or outside the UK, you'll be able to listen to it on the Web, after it's been broadcast. :)
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2003, 01:39:02 AM »

:D Excellent!  Thanks for the tip off stranger.  The cool thing is that even if you're busy, or outside the UK, you'll be able to listen to it on the Web, after it's been broadcast. :)

It will be on live between 2.30 and 3am in Victoria, Australia.

I quess I'll have a late night tonight.

WKC.

allycat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2003, 09:44:23 AM »

I left a tape running to record it as I was just going out to see Kill Bill (which I actually really enjoyed btw) and have listened to most of it now. I think the interviewer asked some predictable questions. Clint's answers were good but didn't think the interviewer was great.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2003, 09:55:53 AM »

I left a tape running to record it as I was just going out to see Kill Bill (which I actually really enjoyed btw) and have listened to most of it now. I think the interviewer asked some predictable questions. Clint's answers were good but didn't think the interviewer was great.
Yep,

I thought the interviewer was pretty ordinary.

I liked the comments by the Mystic River actors on Clint's directing style.  I think it was Fishburn who made the comments on Clint's response to their character rehearsals that cracked me up!

I liked the tidbits on the creation of 'Joe' in AFFOD.

And I got a kick out of Clint alluding to the fact that he's tougher and fitter than the character he played in 'In the Line of Fire' 10 years ago!!

WKC.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T