News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kelly's heroes; Oddball's music  (Read 2128 times)
Deathbunny

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« on: October 21, 2003, 05:25:20 PM »

Hi, I really hope someone knows this.

I'm a big eastwood fan, and I recently got the Kelly's Heroes DVD, after having seen it several times on TNT while growing up... I'm not a huge 70's music fan, but among the generic orchestral stuff and the hippy tunes is this nice little turkish theme that you hear when kelly goes out to look at Oddball's tanks for the first time. I keep trying to find a song clip of it to verify the name so that I can be sure that buying the soundtrack cd would be worth it, but I haven't found it. My best guess from looking at the soundtrack list on amazon.com is 'cock fight', but that's only because none of the other stuff sounds right.

I'm losing my mind over this. Please, it's stuck in my head and if I can't listen to the real thing in its entirety I'll go nuts!  ::) :P   ;D

Btw, I don't know if it's turkish or not, It just sounds uh... bazaar-ish. I have no idea...
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 08:16:20 PM »

This can be a problem.

We have just finished working on a Uk series called The Sweeney (which has a big connection with Kelly's heroes). To be able to offer isolated music all the tracks however small had to be located and cleared.

I have some music cue sheets for some Eastwood films(sadly not Kelly's heroes) on these sheets are the titles and composers of all music however small.

Not much help but just trying to offer a way of pinning down the title. The film studio will have copies of these sheets as they have to be included in any sale for television.

Good luck.

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
the stranger

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 03:56:27 AM »

:( And I can tell you Deathbunny, that the piece of music you are looking for is not on the Soundtrack release... sorry.
-stranger-

When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
Deathbunny

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 07:45:35 AM »

Nooooo!!

Shoot. Anyone have an idea of the title anyway? Maybe it's classical, and I can get at it that way...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T