News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oscarwatch.com on "Mystic River"  (Read 8481 times)
the stranger

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2003, 02:58:16 PM »

Hey matt, no sweat, I'm out of here, as I said a few posts back, I see how it is now, and I'm impressed, but I cannot see how there is one rule for one and one for another, that's simply not on. KC post away...
You'll find you will not have too many new members sticking around for too long, there is already a winning formula for that on the board, and it certainly has nothing to do with me?
Yes this was a great family feeling at one time, something somewhere went badly wrong?
Adios.

When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2003, 04:06:23 PM »

Can't we all learn to distinguish between opinion and fact?

And can't we all learn to recognize an Eastwood quotation when we see one?

No ... I guess we can't. That's just the way it is.  ::)

Please return this thread to its original purpose: speculation (for those who are so inclined) about how many ugly little gold statuettes Mystic River might bring home, come next spring.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2003, 04:26:31 PM »

I think that as far as Oscar nominations, Mystic River will get quite a few. I wouldn't be surprised to see nominations for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, and Best Adapted Screenplay . There may also be nominations for Best Supporting Actor and Best Supporting Actress , but I think these are a little less of a lock. I don't know how many the film may win, especially with regards to Best Picture and Best Director , especially considering Return of the King .
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2003, 04:32:59 PM »

Let me just tell you this AKA, I'll be really shocked if anyone but Peter Jackson walks away with the best director Oscar.

I can agree with you on those nominations, but I really don't see Sean Penn winning at all, even if he does deserve it. Same goes for Robbins.

I mean this is an Eastwood film. And we all know how the Academy treats a great, well deserving Eastwood film.

As for the actress catagorey, unless they're low on nominees, I don't see Linnery or Harden getting a nomination. Linney was hardly even in the movie, and well with Harden... they'll just not worry about her.

It is hard though to try and pick what it could get nominated for. Once the Golden Globe nominations are announced, it should be easier.
Fingolfin

I'm your worst nightmare!

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2003, 10:32:26 AM »

Sean Penn should get his Oscar.He was incredible.Even as good Tim Robbins was,he still couldnt steal a scene from Sean.Agree?

Were you gonna die alone?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T