Other/Miscellaneous > Discussion Board Troubleshooting

How to make a titled link

(1/2) > >>

Matt:
I made this post after a member asked how to make a link with a title, but it interrupted the flow of the thread, so I've moved it here to its own topic for anyone else who would like to know how to post a link with a title instead of posting the long URL address which sometimes skews the page.  Here goes....

When you're posting, you'll have two rows of buttons above your window that are called YABBC tags. The bottom row, second button is a globe, it's for making a link. But, it's not all that simple. All that really does is give you these tags:

[ url] [ /url]  

(I added a space after the first bracket of each tag so the codes would show up here)

Anyway.... what you have to do to make a title is then go into the first bracket, and after the letter "L" type an equal sign followed immediately (no space) with the URL. Immediately after the URL address, there will be the closing bracket for the first tag. Then, before the second tag starts, you type in the title of your link. You don't need to change the second tag at all.

So... if I was going to do a link with a title, it would look like this before I sent it to post (without the space after the starting brackets, of course)

[ url=http://eastwoodfilmposters.sphosting.com/index.html]Eastwood Film Poster Gallery[ /url]

And, when I remove the space, it works and looks like this:

Eastwood Film Poster Gallery

And I got to plug my site at the same time. ;)

KC:
You can also start by copying and pasting (or just typing) the title of your link. Then, select or "highlight" it with the mouse. Then, click the button. That will place the tags for you, then all you have to do is click in the [ url] tag before the closing bracket, type an equals sign, and copy and paste your URL.

For instance, you type or paste "Eastwood Film Poster Gallery" ... then highlight it ... and click the button. It will look like this (like Matt, I've put in a space after each opening bracket so you can see the code):
[ url]Eastwood Film Poster Gallery[ /url]

Then type your "=" and copy and paste the URL before that closing bracket in the opening tag, and it will look just like Matt's example.

The Schofield Kid:
How do you go about putting a titled link in your signature box on the bottom of every post you have,please?The BBC tags aren't on the profile page like they are on the post reply page.  :)

Brendan:

--- Quote from: tgy on March 19, 2005, 12:31:23 AM ---How do you go about putting a titled link in your signature box on the bottom of every post you have,please?The BBC tags aren't on the profile page like they are on the post reply page.  :)

--- End quote ---

Just type in: [*url=http://insert link here] titled link [/url] (NOTE: Do not put the asterisk in, I put that there so the formatting would show up but it is not needed!

The Schofield Kid:
Thanks Brendan.My computer skills have improved immensely over the last few weeks with everyone's help.This is the best place on the web. O0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version