News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DEATH VALLEY DAYS  (Read 4700 times)
the stranger

View Profile Email
« on: January 10, 2003, 07:39:40 PM »

Hey! I had my Laserdisc of DEATH VALLEY DAYS turn up this morning! What a blast! Been after this little gem for quite some time, love that bit of fluff on Clints upper lip! ;D
I was wondering if any other of the members have seen this, and what there thoughts were on it?
-Stranger-

When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2003, 08:16:33 PM »

:) Hi Stranger...isn't that the one about the letter that Clint's character gets via Pony Express?  And, yes, that little "fluff" on his upper lip gives him an entirely different look, doesn't it?

I thought the episode was pretty good...and, Clint was soooooooo young.

mgk

(We've missed you!!!!!!)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2003, 08:17:51 PM by mgk » Logged
william

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2003, 01:49:05 AM »

Along with Gunsmoke, Death Valley Days was my favorite western show to watch as I was growing up in California back in the 60's. Do you guys have a pic of Clint as a young man on the show? ;) It is great to hear from you Stranger ;D
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2003, 11:33:16 AM »

According to Schickel (p. 93-94), he grew the "lip fluff" for the part of "hero's best friend" that he had tentatively been scheduled to play in William Wellman's Lafayette Escadrille—but when Tab Hunter was cast in the lead, it was felt Clint's looks weren't enough of a contrast to play his best friend, so David Janssen got the part instead, while Clint was stuck with a much smaller role (and no mustache).  :(

the stranger

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2003, 12:13:03 PM »

Thanks for that K.C.
Does anyone own the VCD of this movie that turns up on ebay?
If so what is the quality like? ???
-Stranger-

When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T