News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A few eastwood bloopers  (Read 6122 times)
Big-matt

Gotta light

View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 04, 2004, 04:58:17 AM »

Dead pool

Blooper location:
1:45

Blooper description:
The girl reporter gets a call from the killer and goes to the warehouse at night. He grans her and we cut to Clint Eatwood who learns about her visit. He runs outside into broad daylight and makes the ten minute trip to the warehouse, arriving at full night.

Escape from Alcatraz

Blooper location:
Halfway through

Blooper description:
When the character Frank first meets Charlie Butts, Charlie's cell is on the left, and Fran's is on the Right. In the Middle of the movie, Charlie's cell is on the Right, and Frank's is on the left.

Unforgiven

Aeroplane in old west?  
Details In the scene where Delilah visits the injured Munny, at one point over her head you can clearly glimps a modern-day aeroplane trail.

Guy who got shot in outhouse  
Details When the Schofield Kid shoots the guy taking a dump in the outhouse, he shoots him 3 times in the chest. However, when they show the view from the outhouse when his friends arrive, he has a bullet hole in his head.
Eye problems  
Details We watch as Eastwood's right eye gets sewn up, but after its done we see it is his left eye where the work was done.

I tried being reasonable,
I didn't like it.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 09:16:56 AM »

vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 09:32:56 AM »

ha ha what a blooper big-matt

england -  its flag the St George flag
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 10:52:26 AM »

Big-matt, as I suggested above, please give the link or the source when you are quoting information from other sites or printed sources.

As to the "bloopers" you list ... I believe you found at least some on http://www.moviebloopers.com . Many have already been posted and discussed here. You failed to quote the line that follows several ...

This blooper IS NOT verified.

In the case of Escape from Alcatraz, the "blooper" is explained by the fact that one entire reel of that film was "flipped" 'in earlier video transfers. It's not just Frank's and Charlie Butt's cells: for nearly twenty minutes, everything in the film is "mirror-reversed." This has been corrected in the DVD. Frank's cell is seen to be on the left and Charlie's on the right throughout.

We discussed some of the alleged bloopers in Unforgiven recently. I'm sure the "vapor trail," if it is that and not just a wisp of cloud (which is what it looks like to me), was allowed to remain in the finished film because the scene as it was captured on film was so letter-perfect; a retake couldn't have achieved the same emotional peak while maintaining the sense of spontaneity. As for the "eye problems" ... Munny was, in fact, wounded on both sides of his face and both bear scars in subsequent scenes.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 10:54:11 AM by KC » Logged
Big-matt

Gotta light

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2004, 02:19:55 PM »

Opppss  sorry. Put it down to being new to the board ;)

I tried being reasonable,
I didn't like it.
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 06:05:07 AM »

Well all I can say is that I am shocked and I will never watch another Clint Eastwood movie again ;) unless every blooper is refilmed or digitally corrected :P.

Perhaps Clint needs to make a call to LucasFilm ::).

WKC.

Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2004, 10:43:13 AM »

Perhaps Clint needs to make a call to LucasFilm ::).

WKC.

NO!!! Just please God, no!!! They'ed destroy his films!! New CGI effects would be added and Harry wouldn't shoot first at the end of Dirty Harry.
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2004, 02:17:38 PM »

NO!!! Just please God, no!!! They'ed destroy his films!! New CGI effects would be added and Harry wouldn't shoot first at the end of Dirty Harry.

Yeh but think what an improvement a new partner/character like Jar Jar Binks would make to the ooverall tone of the series :o.

WKC.

linny1s

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2004, 04:49:44 PM »

Great responses; thanks for answers to my questions :)
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2004, 05:14:18 PM »

Great responses; thanks for answers to my questions :)
??? ???
bigdai

"Keep it secret, keep it safe."

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2004, 01:52:19 PM »

I've mentioned this before on the old board but I thought Heartbreak Ridge was one big-blooper.

However, if that film was ever put in the Midas like hands of George Lucas even I would  :'(

I've finally got a new job! Hoorah!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T