News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint-Knowingly or unknowningly-enters gaming industry  (Read 2489 times)
GBU

Name's Ash. Housewares.

View Profile Email
« on: April 12, 2004, 08:37:43 AM »

This might have been discussed before, but here it goes.

Most of this is describing the game. If you don't want the background info. scroll down to the  :) face. I am only describing to get you informed on how Clint plays a small part.

There is a game that has been on the market for a few years now called "Red Alert 2" Yuir's Revenge". It is an expansion to "Red Alert 2" where Albert Einstein travels back in time and kills Hitler so WWII and the Holocaust will never happen. But by doing this the Soviet Union rises up and invades Europe. They are stopped by the allies. The Romanovs, after a few years launch a surprise attack against the US. When the US tries to retalite, Yuri (A psychic soldier), mind-controls the US nuclear team and stops them from striking back. Well the game end, and Yuri's revenge begins. Yuri snuck out of the Krimlin and escaped. He controls a large number of people and takes over Alcatraz Island. There and all across the globe he constructs "Psychic Dominators", that when deployed will take over the world. The US travels back in time just before the "Dominators" become operational in an attempt to destroy it. Your second mission takes place in Hollywood.

:) This is where Clint comes in. As you are battling Yuri's forces, you run across some actors such as Arnie Frankenfurter, Sammy Stalone, and Flint Westwood(Clint). Each has their own specality. EX: Arnie can take out armored units, Sammy can take out buildings, and Flint can take out infantry. They have their own little sayings when you click them. Arnie-"I'm gonna pump YOU up", Sammy-"EEEEEYYYYYOOOOOOOO", and Flint-"Running the Gauntlet".

Now since this is CLINT'S site I will just talk about him now. His sayings are, ".45 in the holster. Call me Harry. You're making my day. You're dead, punk." and "I make you turn every which way." Clint has two revolvers and kills infantry in one shot.

This might be a pointless entry but I laughed hard when I first saw "Flint". I'll try to get a screenshot of him later.

You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.
~ Dazed and Confused
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 09:18:40 AM »

Also in the computer game Comman & Conquer: Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge theres a character named Flint Westwood. Not only a reference to Clint, but the company who made the game.

From the "References to Clint" topic. ;) :D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 09:19:03 AM by Brendan » Logged
masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 09:23:15 AM »

Lol, I've heard that before, Can't remember if it was on the board or where though, It might have acctually been on the game somewhere

::EDIT:: You just posted before me Brendan, I must have seen it in that topic
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 09:25:03 AM by masterchief » Logged
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 05:08:45 AM »

i would love to see dirty harry series of computer games on the pc

it wouldn't be difficult to do - so much action to choose from and quotes
« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 05:09:53 AM by vik » Logged

england -  its flag the St George flag
bigdai

"Keep it secret, keep it safe."

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 09:14:07 AM »

I'd like to see a game version of GBU.  You could play as any of the three main characters and follow their progress through the film changing the plot for a different outcome.  Maybe have Tuco wasting Angel Eyes in the shootout but then Blondie actually hanging Tuco.  Perhaps Angel Eyes killing them both and walking off laughing with the cash.  Maybe they would die on level one.  Blondie missing Tuco's rope or dieing himself in the desert.  Perhaps Angel Eyes getting shot by his victims kid.  That would be  ;D.

I've finally got a new job! Hoorah!!!
masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 01:59:56 PM »

I heard a rumor from a friend, that there could be a GTA type Western, where you can "Horsejack" I'm not sure how true it is, but I'll try to get a link (Before KC Tells me to add one  ;))
masterchief

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 12:34:34 PM »

Well, I'm not sure if it is a GTA Style game, but I've got the link, and you will notice its made by Rockstar Games, who made the GTA series, but the link is:

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadrevolver/index2.htm
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T