News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TGTBTU and FFD connection theory  (Read 2605 times)
Monco55

View Profile Email
« on: July 20, 2004, 11:40:49 AM »

Seeing how TGTBTU is a prequel, I found this interesting.
Remember in a FFD near the end when Clint helps the family of three escape? The women asks him, "Why are you helping us?" and Clint replies,"Because I knew someone like you once, and there was no one there to help, now get goin'."  Now, remember in TGTBTU, when Clint finds the wounded soldier, offers him a puff of his cigar, but then the soldier dies? Why did he die?(besides being wounded) because there was "no one there to help." I realize TGTBTU was made after FFD but I found it fascinating how this plays out.  You think Leone put this scene in TGTBTU to connect this? Well probably not, probably just a coincidence but interesting nonetheless. Any thoughts?

"Who said I was jokin'?"
Blondie2488

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 12:30:08 PM »

I understand what your saying, but I don't think he's talking about the soldier. I think he's talking about himself as a boy.
Monco55

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 04:44:56 PM »

Your probably right Blondie, thanks for your input.

"Who said I was jokin'?"
Blondie2488

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 05:42:02 PM »

No problem. I found myself wondering the same thing long ago.
HeroCasey

Gunslinger

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 08:39:15 PM »

There is actually a thread on his board that discusses that line. "Joe" was actually refering to his mother, but Clint changed the script which had a very long segment where he talked about the incident. He wanted it to more mysterious. I believe the line was..."In an B movie, everything is explained. But in an A movie, you keep the audience thinking." And here you are, thinking.

Bam Bam
Squinty

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 08:16:38 PM »

hmm...Well I've gone over this so many times in my head. Over and over. Dates, signs, and even types of locations used. Even though there are connections, there are also many differences. Too many for me. So I treat them all as seperate, yet similiar pieces of work ^_^

hmm... :: thinks ::
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T