News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Josey Wales vs. Unforgiven  (Read 45939 times)
[email protected]

Hi Yo Silver, away!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2006, 04:37:25 AM »

I like that ... I tend to think along the same lines. But Claudia would have told him that the Lord is all-merciful, so maybe he'll manage to find some small measure of peace before he dies.

I'm not seeing the image you posted, however. The site doesn't allow direct links.

Maybe.. but I do not see Munny as a prosper and gentle business man in San Francisco, not the profile
I fixed image, beautiful one

"And In The End, The Love You Take Is Equal To The Love You Make." ( The Beatles )
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2006, 04:06:48 PM »

They are both Excellent stories. My problem with Unforgiven is it drags a bit in the middle of the movie. Speaking for myself I think the reason I love Josey Wales more is because I felt it was a classic in 1976 and at that time alot of critics would never say anything  like that about  Eastwood. All  his fans knew that movie was  a classic regardless how stupid they were, thats the way it was.You think  Rex Reed was going to  say something positive?..No he  saved his positive reviews for  stupid crap like Looking For Mr. Goodbar..hah That movie certainly gave dignity to the Native American and certainly showed Eastwood's prowess as a great director. To this day I still have a quote of Orson Welles praising that movie and saying it was  as good as anything Howard Hawks or John Ford did. I think Unforgiven is a very good movie. It certainly finally gave Hollywood a reason to give tribute to the man, but like I always said..I'm verey happy he won for that, but I like Josey better
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T