News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dollars Trilogy  (Read 1569 times)
cash

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« on: June 18, 2004, 02:09:21 PM »

I have just watched the dollars trilogy on DVD but I have a question..

In TGTBATU Clint and Van Cleef Star, towards the end Clint covers a soldier with his coat and picks up the famous Poncho.

Now, Is this film a prequel to the FOD and FAFDM ?

If so is the Van Cleef character in FAFDM supposed to be the same as in The UGLY ?

Now if he gets shot in the UGLY just after Clint gets the Poncho, how does he appear in the second film.

Am I being too picky or have I missed some gaping storyline ....

I am not being critical its just a question..These films are without doubt my favourites...
cash

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 02:11:59 PM »

HMM perhaps I should have read some of the other posts...seems like this question has already been asked...Sorry
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 04:39:44 PM »

Hey, no problem, Cash ... welcome to the Board! I'm glad you found some answers to your questions. Van Cleef is clearly playing two different characters in the two films (as do several other actors who appear in more than one of the films). It's not so certain that the three films actually make up a trilogy. For the record, the thread that contains the most discussion of this topic is this one:

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=136
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T