News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: josey wales-confederate  (Read 2328 times)
angeleyesTHE2nd

where is my spaghetti westerns?!

View Profile Email
« on: July 12, 2004, 06:19:20 PM »

in the movie josey wales, it seemed as if whenever they went in to battle, he still manage to survive even though they lost some fight. I mean look at if this way, if there had been a hundred josey wales on the battle field, then they would anniliate the entire union army.  :o
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 06:21:02 PM by angeleyesTHE2nd » Logged
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 06:27:21 PM »

He's always been lucky when it comes to killin' folks.

Oh, wait... ;)
Washingtonian

I get the wrong idea only when it suits me.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 10:29:12 PM »

When he gets to dislikin' people, they ain't around long...

Since Eastwood dislikes the Union Army... ;)

Besides, he has about 6 pistols.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 10:29:31 PM by Washingtonian » Logged
angeleyesTHE2nd

where is my spaghetti westerns?!

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 10:45:09 PM »

yeah thats true, I mean i never was really fond of the confederate political ideals, But i did really thought  they had a very well disciplined and good army even though it was made up of farmers and hill billies.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 08:35:24 AM »

In The Outlaw Josey Wales, the war is over when the main action of the film begins (after the opening credits sequence). Josey only fights to defend his own life and the lives of his comrades and friends, not for any political ideals.

And if he didn't survive all the battles we saw in the movie ... particularly those in the opening credits sequence, which takes place during the war ... there wouldn't have been much of a movie, would there?  ??? ;)
Swamprat

Hammers cocked...

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 03:53:47 PM »

This was classic Bushwhacker tactics.  The regular infantry soldier was armed with muzzle loaders and in the Union Army in particular pistols  and large knives were forbidden as a rule. Bored soldiers tended to stick and blast each other  over cards and dice and booze more often than they would use these weapons in combat.  That general rule applies to this day. Confederates needed all the firepower could muster . Many of them provided thier own weapons.  The typical black powder revolver of the day held six loads. Six shots before reloading. One in each hand, that's twelve. Several more stuffed in the belt and-or pockets to be grabbed in an instant. That's a lot of close range firepower!  The tactic was simple...speed-surprise-intense firepower-ride like hell out the other side-vanish into the countryside. This tactic was what made the irregulars so dangerous and effective.  They were known to attack entire companies with just a couple dozen riders or so...and were very successful at it early in the war.

It's a bird! It's a plane!...No Stupid! That's a rock...stay down!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T