News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tuco the main character of TGTBTU?  (Read 4149 times)
strngrwitnoname

"Get three coffins ready."

View Profile Email
« on: July 13, 2004, 12:55:45 PM »

Okay, i just watched the man with no name trilogy yesterday, exept with the new AWSOME collecters edition TGTBTU, and i realized that in TGTBTU tuco seems to have more screen time than Blondie. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

"You said that when a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, the man with the .45 is a dead man. Lets see if thats true."
Adam S.
Member Extraordinaire

I just go BESERK!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 05:44:02 PM »

Possibly.

"I live in a room with a green radio
Curled in the womb of a 29-year low
Four walls from Heaven and one sin from Hell
In room 17 at Deguello Motel"

Roger Alan Wade
Washingtonian

I get the wrong idea only when it suits me.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 02:57:06 PM »

He might, but Eli Wallach is a pretty good actor, so I don't mind.  :)
1861navycolt

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 08:42:51 AM »

He wouldn't be listed as the headliner but he was IMHO.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 05:06:20 PM »

Eli Wallach's agent was able to negotiate a special distinction for him in the credits of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. In publicity materials for the film, his name appears at the end of the list of starring actors, but in a box with the words "in the role of Tuco" (following the words "also starring" just before the box). In the onscreen credits, his name comes at the very end of the credited cast members ... "and with Mario Brega ...  and Elia Wallach in the role of Tuco."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 05:11:40 PM by KC » Logged
Squinty

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 08:22:10 PM »

I have to agree with Tempest; He really was the grey between the Black and white; which made him a more dimensional character. You could really connect with the Tuco in the film, becuase he did have a range of complexity that Lee Van Cleef or Clint didn't have due to their stiff black and white, bad and good roles. Not to mention Eli had so much energy, he lit up the screen ^_^

hmm... :: thinks ::
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 02:51:21 PM »

Hi Guys:
                 Lets face it, Eli Wallach basically steals the movie and i think Clint would agree. The expressions, the humor and name me anyone else in the history of cinema who would get a laugh when he does the sign of the cross????....haaa...Thats  great acting baby....!!

Perry
blonde

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2004, 12:52:43 PM »

In my opinion, Tuco did steal the show.  Sure he was suppose to be the Ugly but you actually felt sorry for him and started to like him.  I am always happy at the end that he didn't die.  He turned out to be a very likeable character, a little sweaty looking but likeable.  
Eastwoodfanatic

Do you feel lucky...?

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2004, 06:46:19 PM »

I agree tuco did steal the show and he did turn out to be a likeable character. But to me Clint still seemed like the main character, but mabey thats just because I'm an Eastwood fan :)
English_Bob_270

"Well he can just go stuff himself as well !"

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2004, 07:01:23 PM »

At first I didn't think Tuco was the main character ,but after seeing the movie several times it seems that way to me.

"Well he can just go stuff himself as well can't he!"              
   - English Bob
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T