News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite Current TV Shows  (Read 201780 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #320 on: October 01, 2010, 09:09:05 PM »

Does anyone here watch Bones?

It's been going for about 5 seasons but I'd never watched an episode until last week when a friend at work was talking about the author of the books that the series is based on, Kathy Reichs.

I was lucky enough to get the first book in the series last weekend and have watched three episodes from the series this week. Only problem being that they're from different seasons so I'm a little lost trying to find out who's who.

Any fans out there?

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #321 on: October 02, 2010, 01:12:00 AM »

It's been going for about 5 seasons but I'd never watched an episode until last week when a friend at work was talking about the author of the books that the series is based on, Kathy Reichs.

I was lucky enough to get the first book in the series last weekend and have watched three episodes from the series this week. Only problem being that they're from different seasons so I'm a little lost trying to find out who's who.

Any fans out there?
I watched two episodes of "Bones" but I am not a real fan ...

But my youngest daughter and I are becoming fans of "Mentalist" with the handsome Patrick Jane / Simon Baker, Australian actor I think ... ;)

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #322 on: October 04, 2010, 01:53:18 PM »

Funniest show in the whole world right now is

The Inbetweeners

Currently half way thru series 3.
Check it out on you tube... if you dare   >:D ;) ;D
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 08:41:59 AM by Gant » Logged

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Alcatraz
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #323 on: October 04, 2010, 10:21:57 PM »

Any fans out there?

I'm a fan. Not one of my favorite shows, but I do like it. I don't read the books though so I don't know how the characters match up, if some were new to the show, etc though.

"Reality continues to ruin my life" - Calvin
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

I dont think it's nice you're laughing...

View Profile Email
« Reply #324 on: October 05, 2010, 12:44:46 PM »

I'd like to draw your attention to a Image comic by the name of The walking dead.
(Don't worry. It'll all be explained at the bottom of the post)  :D

yup. It's a zombie comic  ;)

The walking dead has been running solid since 2003 and is to this date the best zombie comic I have ever read. The writer (Robert Kirkman) takes his time to tell the story with plenty of interesting character development (so it REALLY hurst when one of them bites the dust :'() and plenty of interesting ideas and dilemmas on how to survive in a world without proper food, water, first aid, transportation, security and of course plenty of zombies...

Along with these basic survival tactics we see our main characters try to handle things like;

GUILT

SORROW

A CHILDS POINT OF VIEW

RESIGNATION

FATALISM

MADNESS

And a lot of other things that aren't usually handled in zombie movies because there aren't enough time to dwell on them, but here there is plenty of time to explore every dilemma and problem, something that sometimes doesn't work out for the best, but it is the only avaiable option.
As you can see the entire comic is done in black and white, and in my mind that blistering stark contrast REALLY works. Even when it comes to the violence and gore it works...

I highly recommend this comic to any zombie fan who like their zombie experience to be more than just about who can score the most headshots in the shortest time possible.  ;D

You may ask why I've decided to bring up this comic right now, on this thread and the reason is simple.
It's been made into a TV serie by AMC and first episode is comming out 10/31, and even before the first episode has been launched, it has already been greenlit for a second season.  :o
If the TV Series is just half as good as the comic, this is going to be a new favorite show of mine.  8)
in conclusion of this post, here is the trailer  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDN1g1BrQH0

(As a sidenote, it should be mentioned that the script for the comic was written before 28 days later came out.)

Source;
All pictures scanned from comic books owned by me.
Writer: Robert Kirkman
Artist: Charlie Adlard
The walking dead is created by Robert kirkman and Tony Moore.
The walking dead is owned by Image Comics.
The scans are as follows, from top to bottom;
Front cover. Issue 19
Front cover. issue 4/promotional poster
1 page from issue 17
1 page from issue 18
1 page from issue 23
3 pages from issue 24
1 page from issue 19

« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 11:56:40 AM by dane with no name » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #325 on: October 05, 2010, 02:33:35 PM »

Dane, that's a lot of artwork. Could you give us the source, please? Also the names of the artist or artists involved. :)
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #326 on: October 05, 2010, 02:43:43 PM »

Is this The favourite Current TV Shows Thread or The Comic Thread? ;)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #327 on: October 05, 2010, 03:47:21 PM »

Well, I wondered too. But Dane explains ... it is ABOUT to become his favorite TV show. ;)
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #328 on: October 06, 2010, 11:55:04 AM »

Dane, that's a lot of artwork. Could you give us the source, please? Also the names of the artist or artists involved.
Sure thing KC.  :)
I have modified the post. The smaller pictures now takes you to Imageshack for a greater view. Artists, creators and owners have been put at the bottom of the post along with the number of pages that have been scanned from each issue.   
Is this The favourite Current TV Shows Thread or The Comic Thread? 
I see your point, TWOMULES. hope I've smoothed out the misunderstanding by rewriting the post, telling that all will be explained at the top of the post
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #329 on: October 06, 2010, 12:38:06 PM »

I see your point, TWOMULES. hope I've smoothed out the misunderstanding by rewriting the post, telling that all will be explained at the top of the post

dane with no name, It's OK...   The trailer does look quite good. Thanks for posting the link to the trailer O0

Since you are a big fan, I hope the TV Series will be just as good or even better :)

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #330 on: October 06, 2010, 03:34:08 PM »

Thanks, Dane! 8)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #331 on: October 06, 2010, 05:34:13 PM »

Dane, The Walking Dead looks cool--the comic and the upcoming show. I'll definitely check out the series when it starts at the end of the month. O0
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #332 on: October 10, 2010, 02:15:03 AM »

Insert Quote
Dane, The Walking Dead looks cool--the comic and the upcoming show. I'll definitely check out the series when it starts at the end of the month.   
Cool. Let me hear what you think about it.  8) 
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #333 on: October 23, 2010, 06:26:04 AM »

Dane, I'm looking forward to watching The Walking Dead. It starts here in the UK on 4 November on the FX channel. :)

Thanks once again for posting about this tv show.  O0
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #334 on: October 26, 2010, 09:53:42 AM »

Insert Quote
Dane, I'm looking forward to watching The Walking Dead. It starts here in the UK on 4 November on the FX channel. Smiley

Thanks once again for posting about this tv show.   
You're welcome TWOMULES  8)
Didn't know about the FX channel airing this so soon.
My mom has the large satellite package over here, so she is able to watch it too, so after a minor bribe I got her to copy it for me  ;)

TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #335 on: October 26, 2010, 10:05:20 AM »

You're welcome TWOMULES  8)
Didn't know about the FX channel airing this so soon.
My mom has the large satellite package over here, so she is able to watch it too, so after a minor bribe I got her to copy it for me  ;)

Thanks Dane, It's great the FX channel will be showing this so soon. I hope The Walking Dead doesn't give your mom any bad nightmares! :o
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #336 on: October 26, 2010, 10:50:27 AM »

I hope The Walking Dead doesn't give your mom any bad nightmares! 
nah. she'll just program the dvd recorder and head to bed.

She's pretty much immume to the effect of horror movies (and wild action and sci fi movies for that matter) dismissing them as silly stories.
Throw a crime story or a story based on a historical period at her and she'll be enthralled though  ;D

TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #337 on: October 26, 2010, 10:55:39 AM »

She's pretty much immume to the effect of horror movies (and wild action and sci fi movies for that matter) dismissing them as silly stories.
Throw a crime story or a story based on a historical period at her and she'll be enthralled though  ;D

Dane, She sounds just like my Mom. ;D ;D
dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #338 on: October 27, 2010, 10:11:53 AM »

Dane, She sounds just like my Mom. 
I feel your pain, brother  ;D

Looks like we could have seen The Walking dead sooner, but Brett Favre had other plans...

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/10/26/the-walking-dead-premiere-brett-favre-robert-kirkman/
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #339 on: October 31, 2010, 08:46:54 PM »

I just watched the first episode of The Walking Dead, and it was terrific! I've watched a lot of zombie movies in my day, and this could potentially be one of the best I've seen.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T