News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brits give Clint a #9  (Read 12867 times)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2004, 07:48:19 AM »

Being a Brit/Aussie causes me to say sorry for the Brits who put Clint at #9.  I have him firmly placed at #1 and then Sean Connery and just scraping in by age Tom Hanks.  There are some people out there who don't know a great actor when they see one.    Lin >:(
slacker

its been a long road, there's no turning back

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2004, 09:55:46 AM »

C'mon guys its only a magazine and a mediocre one at that, the main thing is we all know Clint is king.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
allycat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2004, 10:43:49 AM »

I know yours was probably a passing comment, but I have a subscription to Empire and I have to say that it is not 'a mediocre magazine'. In fact, it's possibly the best film magazine out there (I have a subscription to it), especially for those who have a real passion for film. But as I said before, the poll results have nothing to do with the magazine itself, it was merely public opinion, and sadly we can't expect everyone to want to put Clint at #1 like the rest of us. Another recent poll of Sexiest Film Stars of all time put Keira Knightley at #1, which I don't really agree with, as it merely reflects the fact that she's currently flavour of the month (or year). But I don't buy Empire for any poll it might do (which isn't often to be honest) - I buy it for the great articles and the in-depth coverage of films. They have done cool articles on Clint/Clint's films in the past, too (I seem to remember a good one on Mystic River) so surely that's what's important.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
slacker

its been a long road, there's no turning back

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2004, 10:48:27 AM »

Sorry alleycat i should have phrased that differently, all i meant to say was that you should not believe every thing you read in the papers or magazines, it is only an opinion and what is written down in these publications especially polls and reviews should be taken with a pinch of salt.

:)

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
Dave on a bike

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2005, 05:20:39 PM »

Morgan Freeman would be up there but I don't think Morgan has been there long enough. The Shawshank Redemption was the making of Morgan Freeman but definitely a fine actor.  If Morgan is in the cast list, I'll watch it.

For me, Gene Hackman should also  be up there. Probably in the number 2 slot but only just behind Clint.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T