News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Plans/ Resolutions for this New Year  (Read 23075 times)
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2007, 11:40:23 AM »

Cheers Dave, you're a smasher. ;D

Bike ride across Iowa sounds coooool!  I have a fantasy about biking across the States; not sure how I'd get on with the desert sections though. :-\  Sounds like you've got good focus in your life - I admire that.  I have never been as naturally motivated to maintain myself physically as I have mentally. ::)  But the two compliment each other so I'm trying harder to sharpen my focus too!  I'll let ya know if Iowa is on the cards.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2007, 02:06:55 PM »

I quit smoking (again). Had my last cigarette last night, and I'm starting to feel it now.  :(

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2007, 02:25:54 PM »

Thank you for the good wishes Dave.   I wish you well in 2007.   I hope the Iowa ride goes right through Winterset and that it is at the time of year when Lilly could be there.   Wish I could make it.  Maybe 2008 ;)    Meg is a really sweetie Dave you can see her on the photo thread in the Off topic.

Lilly thanks for the good wishes too and it is because of a native French speaker on the board that I want to learn the language.
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2007, 04:09:03 PM »

I quit smoking (again). Had my last cigarette last night, and I'm starting to feel it now.  :(

Well good for you, Matt!  Hope you make it this time. :)

it is because of a native French speaker on the board that I want to learn the language.

That's great, Lin.  Good old CEWB.  Maybe I should practise my rusty French with ya.  I've occassionally inflicted small amounts of it on Sylvie, but would do me good to work at it.
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2007, 06:11:33 AM »

I have no promises for the new year.. But I have one goal I want to reach. I now know what I want to study, and I'm gonna get to that school. If that goes fine, I'm satisfied with myself. I'm so tired working at the grocery store, my boss has changed twice, and I don't get along wiht the one I have now. but I'm still going to work weekends and sundays when I go to study, for the money of course.

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2007, 06:28:47 AM »

Less drinkin', more running. Same as last year really.

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

You're anything but a simple woman.

View Profile Email
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2007, 11:55:01 AM »

My resolution last year was to finish another screenplay, it didn't happen but in turn I made a movie and wrote a few short screenplays, so I figured it was a decent trade off.

This year I've made the choice to make myself emotionally, spiritually, and physically healthy.  Not that I'm in like a dire position at the moment but I want to get better, still. 

In addition to that, which is more a goal over the next few years, I'm going to keep in touch with some friends that I've lost contact with over the last year.  And, the huge one is to finish this movie "Greed" which my production crew and I have been trying to finish for the last 6 months.  It's failed twice already (once cause we didn't have enough time and two because one actor walked off the set in a huff and another actor's dad died, so we needed to stop production).  And so this third go around has to be the final one.  So that's my resolution is to get this film done. 

Good luck to everyone with their resolutions.   ;)

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
mary mary

View Profile Email
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2007, 04:06:43 PM »

Hi All and a Happy New Year.
Good luck to all who have decided to undertake the dreaded New Years resolution, and for those who haven't 
Well, you're just being too damn good!  ;)

Kidding of course.

I was going to say my old smoking addiction (once again) ::)

But I wanted to get a jump on things this time around and actually smoked my last one nearly 4 months ago! Yes amazing as it sounds, I think the real thing that got to me was the guilt, a pure guilt and how much the people around me didn't like me smoking, everytime I lit up it felt like hell. Some 3 or 4 months ago I just really got fed up of smoking and I just decided to put a stop to it. Not very exciting to read I know, but just thought I would let Lilly, Lin and Satu know, as they especially expressed an interest last year, which I found extremely encouraging.
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2007, 05:06:04 PM »

Yay! O0  Well done mary mary! I was wondering if you'd made progress and you've done yourself proud.  Congratulations. 8)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2007, 11:31:10 PM »

And, the huge one is to finish this movie "Greed" which my production crew and I have been trying to finish for the last 6 months.  It's failed twice already (once cause we didn't have enough time and two because one actor walked off the set in a huff and another actor's dad died, so we needed to stop production).  And so this third go around has to be the final one.  So that's my resolution is to get this film done. 

I wouldn't worry about that too much, Chessie ... Erich von Stroheim had trouble with that one, too! ;)

Seriously, good luck with your resolutions and Happy New Year! :)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2007, 03:08:31 AM »

mary mary,   That is great you are now a nonsmoker.   I am really proud of you and you will find you can now afford all those extras like more booze.    Only kidding.  That is an achievement and I bet you are feeling better for it.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2007, 03:16:49 AM »

That's great Mary Mary,hopefully Matt succeeds as well.

Gant,there's nothing wrong with drinking after you run. :D

I didn't do too bad last year with my plan on cutting back on the junk food.I only had McDonald's and Burger King about half a dozen times through the year,and that was mainly out of laziness.

My plan this year is to get my golf handicap down to single figures.I announce this every year on the first tee of the first game with my social club.Which is always met with rolled eyes and "yeah sure" comments.

I started last year on 12 and played poorly for my liking through the year and finished on 15,so I have a bit of work to do,but I've been tinkering with a few things which seem to be working on the practice range and in the backyard,and I'm determined to do it this year.

Even if it's only for one game.I want to be able to say to people in the future that I have been a single handicap player in my life. :)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2007, 10:03:27 AM »

Even if it's only for one game.I want to be able to say to people in the future that I have been a single handicap player in my life. :)

Good for you, SK.  That's the spirit! O0
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2007, 10:52:35 PM »

My plan this year is to get my golf handicap down to single figures.I announce this every year on the first tee of the first game with my social club.Which is always met with rolled eyes and "yeah sure" comments.

I started last year on 12 and played poorly for my liking through the year and finished on 15,so I have a bit of work to do,but I've been tinkering with a few things which seem to be working on the practice range and in the backyard,and I'm determined to do it this year.

I've been able to get my handicap back down to 12, but with only two rounds left this year, it doesn't look like I'll be a single figure player yet. Maybe next year. (fingers crossed)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2007, 05:43:11 PM »

Well I guess it is the usual one for me..... get some weight off.  This year I WILL DO IT.  I am not very overwight but I need to shed a few pounds.   It will be easier now I have a dog again.

Then I will try very hard to learn to speak French, well a little bit anyway.

Finally to get more organised.

Well I lost the pounds 50 in all.   I was bigger than I thought.  LOL

Got myself more organised however I fell down on the French.  Lazy I guess.  It is hard to go to classes when I work such awkward hours.

I wonder what I will come up with for 2008!!!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2007, 06:39:34 PM »

Fifty pounds! Congratulations, Lin ... that's wonderful. You certainly look great in those pictures that CvW posted for you a few days ago ...

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=5241.msg116610#msg116610 8)

I didn't make a formal resolution, but at the beginning of 2007 I started doing my daily runs in the morning, before work, instead of the evening, afterwards. I didn't think I could keep it up because I am SO not a "morning person," but so far ... it's lasted, and it means I always have my evenings free. I've gotten to many more movies and other evening events and I've been able to do a lot more stuff "on the spur of the moment." (Before, if I wanted to go out on a weekday evening, I had to plan in advance to get up extra early and run in the morning, or else leave work early and run in the late afternoon.)

I've enjoyed running in Central Park when it's actually light enough to appreciate all the beauty, too!
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2007, 05:40:11 PM »

Well done all three of you, you've done well!

Lin, 50 pounds off is a great achievement, well done!  I concur with KC, you do indeed look lovely in that pic.
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2007, 03:00:07 AM »

Well I lost the pounds 50 in all.   I was bigger than I thought.  LOL

Good job  O0  Thats alot of work/discipline both in the kitchen and the gym.

Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2007, 10:36:51 PM »

Good job  O0  Thats alot of work/discipline both in the kitchen and the gym.

Thanks everyone.     I didn't go to the gym at all Conan.  I just walked Meg extra miles and really watched what I ate.   I still watch but I find I have gotten used to eating the way I have been and really don't want extras or rich heavy foods any more.   I do have a few more treats like coffee and donuts when I go out and a little more wine and the occasional whisky.  I have maintained the same weight now since August and I still go to Weight Watchers classes once a month to weigh in.  It's free now I have my gold card.
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2007, 10:51:07 PM »

I plan on giving up these damn cigarettes. I have started to buy the roll your own cigarettes. It has slowed me down on how many I smoke daily. I have found that rolling one takes more time then to conveniently pull out pre rolled cigarettes.
Rolling these brings back old memories that I will not talk about. ;D

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T