News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Holidays  (Read 42009 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2007, 10:05:44 PM »

It's a Greek island in the Aegean Sea. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes

Ever hear of "The Colossus of Rhodes" ... one of the Seven Wonders of the World? That was there!  And it was the subject of an early Leone film ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossus_of_Rhodes

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0054756/
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2007, 09:27:54 PM »

I drove my family to East Texas where my father has a cabin in the woods. It was nice to get away to a place where man has not built shopping malls and fast food restaurants. The sounds of nature and the star lit sky made the drive well worth it. It was cool to hang out with dad and me stepmom as well. My son Austin loved it out there.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2007, 01:50:33 AM »

BARCELONA , Spain, August 2007 : a fantastic and wide city to visit , my first stay in Spain, (and I'm in love with this country now !)

1° - 2° The Sagrada Famillia Cathedral
3° The Agbar Tower
3° A Gaudi style house, the Battlo house.

And here is the San Joseph market, full of colours, smells and people, a fantastic place to buy delicious products :

« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 01:54:23 AM by Sylvie » Logged

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2007, 05:37:43 AM »

You realize Barcelona isn't actually in Spain ... it's in Catalunya! ;)

Nice pictures, Sylvie. I've been to Spain but never to Barcelona. I'd like to go someday! 8)
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2007, 05:58:23 AM »

You realize Barcelona isn't actually in Spain ... it's in Catalunya! ;)

I hope I did not offend the Catalans on this board ! :)

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2007, 12:47:20 AM »

I'm playing in Barcelona soon and am looking forward to visiting this beautiful city again.. I spent a New Years eve there once and was blown away by the wonderful architecture..

This year I managed two weeks in Menorca for my hols..Loads of sun, sea, sand..cold beers and a wonderful little sports bar.  ;)

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2007, 01:26:09 AM »

Lovely pictures Sylvie,   The market is wonderful.
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2007, 04:13:38 PM »

Sounds like great hols, Richard Earl and Sylvie. 

I've just been deciding where to go for my next trip to the great United States...got a massive list, but have pretty much decided on Christmas in Washington D.C.  My friend and I have just got to ask for the time off this week and it'll be sorted.  Anybody wanna meet up?  Or got any ideas for good stuff to do, especially on Christmas Day?  I hear Mount Vernon is open on the 25th so may do that.

I've missed y'all by the way, gonna catch up with some threads soon... O0
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2007, 01:31:09 PM »

Woo-hoo [very excited smiley].

I just booked 26 days in America! O0 O0  Christmas in D.C. with my friend, and then off to wherever... I'll probably drive around stuff nearby like Gettysburg etc, then see where the wind blows, possibly south a little if the weather is bad.  Or I may go the other way to NYC.  Can't wait to be back in the States! 

Clint Van Wallach

Email
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2007, 01:51:53 PM »

Sounds like a great trip!! You should definitely try to make it to New York around the holidays! Nothing quite like it as I'm sure you know! It's the one time of year I miss it! I'm not from Manhatten but I grew up nearby. I'm sure you'll have fun wherever you go! And may I say we're looking forward to having you!
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2007, 02:11:03 PM »

Thanks, CvW. :)  Yeah we were trying to decide where would be best for festive atmosphere, and in the end the thought of the National Christmas Tree, and possibility of a Christmas service in the National Cathedral won me over.  The only reason I may not get to NYC is that there is sooo much to see there, it would be like opening another great can of worms!  Definitely going there sometime in 2008 though.  (I am already seeing about the next leaf peeping season upstate and in New England.  I hope to be over there for the presidential election in November.  And I'm so pleased that its looking like I'll be there for the NH primary this time! O0)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2007, 04:25:05 PM »

Lilly, if/when you do get to New York, it would be fun to try to meet up ... I could give you the fifteen minute tour of the New York Public Library! :)

« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 11:45:47 PM by KC » Logged
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2007, 04:48:53 PM »

Thanks, KC!  I was thinking of you in New York; it'd be great to see you.  I'll let you know what I get up to...  And I'd love to see the library. 8)
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2007, 08:36:08 PM »

I hope you have a great time in the States Lilly. There are so many wonderful places to see and some damn good restaurants are all over the place.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2009, 11:40:55 PM »

I want to revive this old thread, to tell you about my holiday and to hear about yours.   ;)

I will be going to Paris in four days with my friend. Will be staying for 5 days. This is my only holiday for the summer, I've been working hard to get there. I'm so excited that I get to speak french (I've studied it for 8 years), and I'm going to meet AB!  O0

I also know where in Paris Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have an appartment, and where Brad gets his breakfast. Shame, that one of the tabloids read that they are in LA, but I have to some sightseeing anyway.  ;)

Will be back to tell you about my trip.

What have you guys been doing during your holidays?  :)

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2009, 11:45:18 PM »

Have a great time Satu, maybe Sylvie can join you and AB for a meeting?

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2009, 11:47:26 PM »

Hmm. Does she live near Paris too?  ::)

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2009, 12:09:22 AM »

Have a great time in paris satu.   Sylvie lives more in the middle of France.    It will be brilliant for you to meet AB.   Have a wonderful time.
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2009, 12:34:31 AM »

Have a great time Satu, maybe Sylvie can join you and AB for a meeting?

I often go to Paris ... but not in the next weeks !
That would have been great to meet you -satu ! I met AB a few months ago, always nice to be with someone from the board ! ;)
Maybe next time  ?

2007 Movie journal
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2009, 05:47:31 AM »

Enjoy Paris, Satu! 8)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T