News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Same black guy?  (Read 14603 times)
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2003, 10:59:25 AM »

With the old spaghetti-westerns it was done out of cheap-ness, and they did think:'the audience won't even notice', well i do.
When every posse exists of the same 10 faces with the frame of mind behind it i just mentioned,... well you tell me.
That's something like a microphone  hangin' in the frame of the movie and not cutting it out because 'noone will notice', that is lame.

I'm pretty sure that Leoni did it for artistic reasons.  It's very similar to a group of stage actors reuniting for another play.  

WKC.

dane with no name
Member Extraordinaire

I dont think it's nice you're laughing...

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2003, 01:53:04 PM »

here is my two cents...
surely the same actor can play different characters in any (eastwood) movie without destroying any "continunity".
It is not a unique thing to see after all.
hitchcock had a cameo in almost any movie he made, so does peter jackson.

the "vasques" chick form aliens have been having cameo apperances in all james cameron movies since aliens, so does the danish "actor" sven ole thorsen in all of arnies movies.

Think of it as a dirty harry version of "spot waldo"  ;D

as for this "debate" about clints "racism". think of this then ; how come Sondra Locke always/nearly gets raped in all the movies (sudden impact, the gauntlet, the outlaw josey wales)
I even saw her in a movie once where she also appeared to get.... (drums) raped (TADAA)  ;)
John Omohundro

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2003, 06:39:16 AM »

Jay74, Misty71:

I think Eastwood just has a core group of supporting actors with whom he feels comfortable.

Bradford Dillman ("Captain McKay" in "THE ENFORCER", "Captain Briggs" in "SUDDEN IMPACT"), is but one example.

Another is Michael Currie, who played "Captain Seerbacker" in "FIREFOX" (1982), "Lieutenant Donnelly" in "SUDDEN IMPACT" (1983), and "Captain Donnelly" (presumably the same character following a promotion) in "THE DEAD POOL" (1986).

Still another is Gregory Walcott, who played "Bob Mitchell" (the Sinola County Sheriff) in "JOE KIDD" (1972), and "Pope" (the overconfident CII operative) in "THE EIGER SANCTION" (1976).

And let's not forget the late John Mitchum, who played "Inspector Frank DiGeorgio" in "DIRTY HARRY" (1971), "MAGNUM FORCE" (1973), and "THE ENFORCER" (1976), as well as "Al" in "THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES" (1976).

--John
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2003, 08:57:48 AM »

Jay74, Misty71:

I think Eastwood just has a core group of supporting actors with whom he feels comfortable.

Isnt that what Ive been sayin?
 ???

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2003, 09:24:55 AM »

john vernon - dirty harry /outlaw josey wales - thought he was great

england -  its flag the St George flag
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print