News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What director do you think Clint should work for?  (Read 14388 times)
shabby chic

View Profile Email
« on: February 06, 2003, 01:55:44 PM »

Don't you wish that Clint would star in another director's film again?  And I mean a top tier director, not some guy Clint hired so he could push around.  Who do you think could really utilize Clint well in a film?
My vote: Wes Anderson
« Last Edit: February 06, 2003, 01:56:02 PM by Lucas Stensland » Logged
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 02:04:58 PM »

I dont think this topic belongs here. It should go in the General Discussion forum.

But, moving on, I think Clint should work with Speilberg and Tom Hanks on some dramatic movie. That would be pretty sweet.

Or maybe Christopher Nolan.

David Lynch? No, probably not, too wierd. Not Lynch, just his movies. Actually you know what? I think it be cool to see Clint in a mind (cant use the F-word) screw movie. That would be sweet.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2003, 02:05:55 PM by Nightwing » Logged
Agent
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2003, 03:27:28 PM »

I don't think it's a bad idea at all for Eastwood to still be directed by others. Personally, I think he somewhat limits his acting & creative skills still residing within him by not doing so, if in fact those are his perpetual plans. The last (major) film he starred in not directed by himself (correct me if I'm wrong) was In the Line of Fire, one of his best films from the 90s.

I think a good director to team with him would be another old veteran, Robert Altman - in a light comedy for instance. Clint has always had a dry sense of humor, and I think Altman could draw it out of him in a unique way, providing they had a good script to work with.

On the other hand, he's been in the business so long, been there and done it all -  he probably couldn't care less if he had another big hit or not. These days he's just doing what he likes to do.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2003, 03:47:07 PM by Agent » Logged

"I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it." - Clint Eastwood
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2003, 04:56:12 PM »

I think it would be interesting if there was a good part for Eastwood in a Wes Anderson film. Anderson is one of my favorite directors from the younger fellas around now.
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2003, 06:12:28 PM »

How about M.Night Shyamalan,Sam Mendes,Steven Spielberg,Abel Ferrara or Martin Scorsese?I think these directors could do great film with Clint.
shabby chic

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2003, 01:37:41 PM »

He directed a Spielberg screenplay once, for that boring tv series Amazing Stories.  Did anybody see it?  If so, how was it?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2003, 01:38:05 PM by Lucas Stensland » Logged
Walt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2003, 04:06:51 PM »

He directed a Spielberg screenplay once, for that boring tv series Amazing Stories.  Did anybody see it?  If so, how was it?
To answer the Amazing Stories question first ........... rubbish ! Vanessa In The Garden , as it was called was boring even by that series' standards.
As far as directors go I would love to see Clint directed by any , if not all , of the following .
Martin Scorsesse
David Fincher
Brian De Palma
Ridley Scott
Quentin Tarantino
Oliver Stone
                             although I don't think it will ever happen ............ still , it's nice to dream .
ajay

man with no name

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2003, 10:31:29 PM »

i believe he should get back to work with wolfgang peterson, two of them make a great pair.

rowdyyates
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2003, 01:54:00 PM »

I`m not sure it would be a good move to Eastwood to work with Petersen again since all the films Petersen have done after In The Line Of Fire are extremely dull.I especially hated the Perfect Storm.
But who knows maybe they could make another masterpiece.
But Walt`s idea of film directed by David Fincher and starred by Eastwood  is marvellous.
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2003, 04:28:53 PM »

Perfect Storm may have been dull, which I dont think it was, but it grossed a tremendous amount of money, proving that Peterson still has what it takes... so maybe him and Eastwood should get back together.
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2003, 05:54:01 PM »

Of course Nightwing if the making money is the only goal what they have in mind.
I`m just saying that the stories/screenplays in Wolfgan Petersen`s films have been dull to me after In The Line Of Fire.
Outbreak and Air Force One were good entertaiment and if I remember this right they made also tons of money but I still think they are not as great films as In The Line Of Fire.
Daisy Abigael

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2003, 12:18:16 PM »

I answered a similar question from Matt in his tags game column (January 22, 2003):
If Clint wanted to take it easy after Mystic River and do another film, but only act in it this time... who would you most like to see direct the film?

And I said:  Great question.  I’ll stick to the living rather than answer with a fantasy wish list (Ford, Hawks, Peckinpah…Sigh  :'()

I think two of the finest and most interesting young directors now working are:

Wes Anderson (Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums)
Great minds think alike, huh Lucas? ;) :)

and

Christopher Nolan (Memento, Insomnia).  

Both have used actors of Eastwood’s generation to great effect:  Anderson with James Caan and Gene Hackman; Nolan with Al Pacino.

I think Anderson could use Clint in a funny, quirky but rather touching comedy-drama.  Make use of his facility with lighter material and also tap into his granite face iconic status too.

Nolan would be the perfect director to push Eastwood through a high octane thriller, full of bang up to the minute stylistic touches but also with a full flavoured realism and intellect.

I would kill to see either collaboration!  But since the Nolan thriller would be more in-keeping with – and frankly indebted to – Clint’s main body of work; and the Anderson comedy would merely be an interesting diversion – I think I would have to plump for Chris Nolan.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2003, 12:22:21 PM by Daisy Abigael » Logged

Daisy Girl!
bigdai

"Keep it secret, keep it safe."

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2003, 06:59:59 PM »

David Cronenberg or Woody Allen.  Just because all three are totally different but all brilliant  in their own ways.  I think Clint could do some interesting work with either.

I've finally got a new job! Hoorah!!!
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2004, 04:52:18 AM »

I would like to see Clint Eastwood in a Michael Mann production.

WKC.

Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2004, 09:50:55 AM »

hi guys
                I agree with wkc. I would love to see Eastwood in a Michael Mann movie. Scorsese would be  a perfect choice too. As far as Oliver Stone?...ha....I think Eastwood would probably puch Stones lights out after a week. A guy nobody mentions that i think would be interesting is the guy Eastwwod gave a start to and thats Cimino. Thats If Cimino could ever get his act together.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2004, 08:27:31 PM »

Wasn't Clint supposed to work with Steven Speilberg on "Bridges"?  Clint has expressed interest in working with Woody Allen.  Of the two, I'd rather see him work with Speilberg.

“Eyuh.”
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

You're anything but a simple woman.

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2004, 08:54:12 PM »

I agree with you Jed!   ;D

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2004, 04:15:04 AM »

Clint has expressed interest in working with Woody Allen.

You jest, surely........

Do you know if this was a recent expession, or is it from way back?

WKC.

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2004, 05:32:52 PM »

Eastwood and Woody Allen have a lot more in common than you might think at first. I think a collaboration between them would be interesting. I'd like to have Woody write and Clint direct, though.
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2004, 07:42:02 PM »

Eastwood and Woody Allen have a lot more in common than you might think at first.

Going back approx 10 years ago, Woody Allen was one of my favourite filmakers, and Clint was one of my favourite actors.  So 10 years ago I would have found the prospect fascinating, although somewhat bizzare.

Please elaborate on your comments.

Thanks,

WKC.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T