News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rawhide on the Hallmark channel  (Read 6624 times)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: April 13, 2005, 01:40:59 PM »

I feel pretty silly because I know it's been stated elsewhere on this board that Rawhide is on the Hallmark channel, but I just found out that we have it!  Duh!  What's even better is we just got TiVo and I set up a season pass for Rawhide.  All I have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy.  I haven't seen Rawhide in years ...since last century!  This will have to do until it's released on dvd.

“Eyuh.”
Winchester Gal

My Mule Don't Like People Laughing...

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 03:31:53 PM »

What?! OMG! WHOOT!   :D :o I thought Rawhide was only on that Starz channel. It's like, $99 bucks a year for that package. Thanks Jed Cooper!
-Winchester Gal

With a Winchester, a .45 and a fistful of dynamite, I could rule a whole town.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 05:21:28 PM »

What?! OMG! WHOOT!   :D :o I thought Rawhide was only on that Starz channel. It's like, $99 bucks a year for that package. Thanks Jed Cooper!
-Winchester Gal

You're welcome!  ;)

“Eyuh.”
Fan

Rawhide is the best! buy it!

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 08:50:55 PM »

Unfortunately this Saturday, April 16 2005 is the final Saturday Rawhide will be shown on the Hallmark Channel.  It is uncertain if they will bring it back. Those ****.  >:(
As far as waiting for Rawhide to come out on dvd you can forget it. Columbia House has put out 10 dvds (32 episodes) and also 50 episodes on 25 vhs tapes but that is it. they have stopped putting them out. 
Unless there is another station I don't know of that shows it. Some guy in Canada claims Lonestar is showing it there.
As a detail, even though the HC (Hallmark Channel) shows Rawhide, the shows are badly cut.  for example the shows are about 51:30.  HC only shows about 42 minutes so about 9-10 minutes are cut!  Compare that to say the 1960 when Rawhide was originally aired, commercials back then weren't nearly as long so in a 1 hour time slot you only had about 8 minutes of commercials and could therefore fit the whole show in with no cuts. this is a summary of what has happened
1960s   52 minutes shown / 8 minutes commercials
1970s   50 minutes shown /10 minutes commercials
1980s   48 minutes shown /12 minutes commercials
1990s   46 minutes shown / 14 minutes commercials
2001     44 minute shown /16 minutes commercials
2005    42 minutes shown/18 minutes commercials

so you can see the viewer is getting shortchanged worse every year. I hate commercials.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 08:57:59 PM by Fan » Logged
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 04:23:31 PM »

:o 18 mins commercials in an hour!  Geez. :(

But do they really just cut the show?  That's bizarre, why not just have it on longer, if they want more commercials?
Fan

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 03:12:10 PM »

I guess because they only have that one hour time slot allocated to Rawhide, and they can't spill the show over into the next hour.
for example, to fix in the whole show they would have to start at say 10AM then finish at 11:16AM in order to fit in all their commercials without cutting into the show. the commercials cut into all shows I guess. But it might be hard to notice if you watch a newer series because noone has seen the episodes 'uncut'. They cut into Seinfeld when it was in reruns.
they just cut the show they do not care. they only care about showing the commercials.
howie

A MAN HAS TO KNOW HIS LIMITATIONS

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 09:46:00 AM »

Hallmark is not going to show Rawhide anymore???  This news did NOT make my day.  I am going to send a message to Hallmark and ask them to reconsider.  Even with the commercials, a little Rawhide is better than no Rawhide!  I'll let you know if they respond.

Unfortunately this Saturday, April 16 2005 is the final Saturday Rawhide will be shown on the Hallmark Channel.  It is uncertain if they will bring it back. Those ****.  >:(
As far as waiting for Rawhide to come out on dvd you can forget it. Columbia House has put out 10 dvds (32 episodes) and also 50 episodes on 25 vhs tapes but that is it. they have stopped putting them out. 
Unless there is another station I don't know of that shows it. Some guy in Canada claims Lonestar is showing it there.
As a detail, even though the HC (Hallmark Channel) shows Rawhide, the shows are badly cut.  for example the shows are about 51:30.  HC only shows about 42 minutes so about 9-10 minutes are cut!  Compare that to say the 1960 when Rawhide was originally aired, commercials back then weren't nearly as long so in a 1 hour time slot you only had about 8 minutes of commercials and could therefore fit the whole show in with no cuts. this is a summary of what has happened
1960s   52 minutes shown / 8 minutes commercials
1970s   50 minutes shown /10 minutes commercials
1980s   48 minutes shown /12 minutes commercials
1990s   46 minutes shown / 14 minutes commercials
2001     44 minute shown /16 minutes commercials
2005    42 minutes shown/18 minutes commercials

so you can see the viewer is getting shortchanged worse every year. I hate commercials.

Fan

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 11:17:51 AM »

ok. please post what you hear back. I asked and they did not return my email. I also gave my phone number and got no response. One person said that the response they got was
[Hallmark Channel feels there is not a large audience that the rough and ready Saturday (includes Rawhide) appeals to and we will not be showing Rawhide any more.]
another person said HC said [we will bring it back but don't know when]
and I got no response back so I don't know what to think but it doesn't look good.
glad to see some interest in Rawhide. The show is amazing. about 185 hours of RAwhide out there. only about a third is being made available on dvd or vhs.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 03:13:42 PM »

:'(
That figures.  Just when I realize we have the Hallmark channel...

Oh well, c'est la vie.

Everything under the sun is being released on dvd these days.  Let's see, I'm 38 now, so by the time I'm 74 I think we'll see Rawhide on dvd season box sets!  YEAH!   ;)

Ok, hopefully MUCH MUCH sooner!  8)

“Eyuh.”
Fan

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 01:40:48 PM »

I know you're kidding (or maybe hopeful like myself)when you say ' by the time you're 74 Rawhide will be on dvd'  because 'everything under the sun is being released.
but the way it looks, if you are waiting for more Rawhide dvds you can just forget it. These are some of my findings after a lot of research
every though they are releasing a lot of tv shows, most were made after 2000 or in the 90s, if you go back earlier than the 90s they are being selective about what they bring back.  Rawhide is in the older black and white period, and they are bring back very little of those due to percieved low demand.  So I feel that every year that passes, it will be seen as something nobody is interested in. So if they haven't already released it already, it probably won't be.  Columbia House did make 10 dvds, and I think they have the rights or whatever it takes to make all the episodes in perfect picture qulaity but because they decided not to go ahead, that's it. I asked someone that deals with Columbia House if they might start up again making dvds, and they said 'they have stopped due to low demand for additional volumes, but that could change.'
so I do hope some day they make more dvds, but it looks like the focus is on making money with current tv shows and movies that are sure to get big sales.  It's too bad because I feel some of the best stuff was made in the 50s and 60s.(like Rawhide).
Myself, I have called Columbia House and asked for more Rawhide dvds to the point they have hung up on me twice. those ***** . I have also asked to speak to whoever is in charge of the Rawhide on dvd program but they just put me on hold and then disconnect me. I have also emailed, written and outright begged them, but the only reaction I get is' I don't have that information'. So I have given up on waiting for more Rahwide on DVD,  I hope they change their minds and either Columbia House starts up again or someone else makes it on dvd. too bad because if you have seen any of the 10 Columbia House dvds, you can see the picture is so sharp it looks like it was shot today! Rawhide was an outstanding series. too bad it's being passes over and so much focus is on today's current nonsense.

phone for Columbia House:
1-800-667-0364

email is video at columbiahouse dot com plese insert to at sign and
period. I was unable to post their email without the email correctly.

You can write Columbia House at:
Columbia House Video Library
1400 N. Fruitridge Ave.
Terre Haute, IN 47811-1130

we all need to continue to write , call and email them to let them know we want more Rawhide on dvd
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 01:49:15 PM by Fan » Logged
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 02:19:47 PM »

Thanks, Fan.  I do think Rawhide will eventually see the light of day on dvd season-box set format, but UNFORTUNATELY, it may take the passing of Mr. Eastwood before this happens.  A perfect example is Dean Martin:  I recall searching high and low for cds and only being able to find MAYBE 2!  Once in a while an import would see the light of day, but that's it.  After Mr. Martin's passing, the floodgates opened and now there's a plethora of product.  Like the Metallica song goes, "Sad but true".

I'm sure if Rawhide had been filmed in color that it might be released sooner, too.

I hope my prediction is wrong, in the hopes that we fans can enjoy Rawhide on dvd and Clint's newest projects at the same time.

“Eyuh.”
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2005, 02:22:10 PM »

You can find them on eBay ... not the season box set format, but it's better than nothing  ;)

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2005, 04:38:05 AM »

You can find them on eBay ... not the season box set format, but it's better than nothing  ;)

Mucho gracias, Americanbeauty, but I'll wait for the season box sets.  I have faith they'll be out before I turn 74...

I almost made the mistake of collecting the original Star Trek series when it was first released on dvd.  I decided not to because I didn't want to fill my shelf with 40 dvds!  Now I have all 3 seasons and they take up a fraction of the space. 

“Eyuh.”
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2005, 09:14:38 AM »

I have faith they'll be out before I turn 74...
;D

I hope they will ... before I'm 58  ;)
I've never seen one single episode of Rawhide  :-\ :-[
But I'd sure love to.

It's really too bad ... maybe we could write a petition ? :D
It could work ... you never know.

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2005, 09:20:47 AM »

"That's me at the door."

I know this isn't trivia, but do you know 2 movies Clint said that in, Americanbeauty?

;)

“Eyuh.”
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2005, 09:26:09 AM »

Right now I can't even think of one ... I'm thinkin .. :-\

NOPE

Tell me.  ;)

Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2005, 09:30:18 AM »

Play Misty For Me and True Crime.  :)

“Eyuh.”
Fan

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2005, 08:32:51 AM »

That was a good point made about when Eastwood passes on them maybe then finally releasing the entire series. But even when Eastwood passes on I still don't think they will release the entire Rawhide series on DVD or even VHS. What we have now is it. They might release a SE of something else he has done but that's it.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 10:58:29 AM by Fan » Logged
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2005, 12:13:56 PM »

That was a good point made about when Eastwood passes on them maybe then finally releasing the entire series. But even when Eastwood passes on I still don't think they will release the entire Rawhide series on DVD or even VHS. What we have now is it. They might release a SE of something else he has done but that's it.

Well, I hope we're both wrong.  Not only would I like to add the entire Rawhide series to my collection, I'd also like to see it released while Clint is still with us.  Perhaps he and some others associated with the program would provide commentary.

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2005, 04:46:37 PM »

Come on now!  If THIS can make it's way to dvd, Rawhide certainly can!  ^-^

“Eyuh.”
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T