News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favourite Clint Memorabilia  (Read 9143 times)
Walt
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: February 13, 2003, 08:29:38 AM »

What's your favourite piece of Clint stuff that you own ?
Mines is DEFINATELY my personalised autographed press book from " White Hunter Black Heart " Closely followed by an original " Dirty Harry " cinema poster .
Clintfan

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2003, 09:55:38 AM »

Walt,

I guess I'd have to say my absolute favorite Clint item is my Dirty Harry pinball machine.  The combination of the cool graphics, clever game design and Clint's own voice makes one awesome game.

I also have a personalized photo of Clint that my aunt obtained for me which is also special to me.

Lastly, I also have a bunch of stuff (T-shirts, hats, etc.) that I obtained when I visited Clint's Mission Ranch in Carmel. While not rare, the items are special to me and bring back some wonderful memories.   ;)

Clintfan

"To your feet, Maam. They're almost as big as your mouth."
ajay

man with no name

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2003, 10:46:34 PM »

would like to add here,i have almost 70 percent of clint movies collection and couple of eastwood posters which i have collected over the years.

rowdyyates
right turn clyde

Shockley, you big prick !

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2003, 01:15:31 AM »

I wrote a "fan letter" to Clint in 1985 and received a signed photo from the Pale Rider set. Recently I was looking at a site that compares autographs and I'm 99.9% certain that the autograph is from his secretary  >:( :( :-\
bigdai

"Keep it secret, keep it safe."

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2003, 06:53:56 PM »

I've got four genuine autographed photos.  The best one is from the set of Josey.

I've finally got a new job! Hoorah!!!
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2003, 07:07:51 PM »

My Pale Rider Ale stuff... especially the unopened bottle autographed by Pierre Celis (owner of the brewery) and a Pale Rider Ale tap handle.  
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2003, 11:55:38 PM »

Not counting my DVDs, I have the 'High Plains Drifter' poster, two postcards, one of the movie poster for 'A Few Dollars More' and the other is a portrait shot of Clint from I think Pale Rider.

I have a CD called 'Music From the Films of Clint Eastwood', that I got when I was in England... actually come to think of it, thats where I got all my Eastwood memorabillia, except my DVDs.

I also have, probably the most treasured one, a t-shirt of Clint Eastwood. It has a shot of him from 'A Fistful of Dollars' and it says Clint Eastwood underneath it. Got that in England also. My mom spotted it and asked if I wanted it. Geeze, I got that when I was 13 and now Im 18, and it still fits good. And Ive grown quite a bit. I cant believe its lasted this long. I'll never let that shirt go. Its with me forever.

If we ever have that 'Eastwood get together', and Im able to attend, thats all Im wearing... and pants or shorts.
garyoperator

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2003, 04:49:11 AM »

My favorite Memorabilia is actually not a thing but a memory of mine.  It was 1970.  The local drive in was playing a triple feature:Hang em High, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, and Fist Full of Dollars.  I had a hot date that night, but for some reason I can not even remember her name now.  We were sitting in the back seat of my chevy getting the windows all fogged up, and suddenly I found the movies more exciting then her.  That was the first time I was ever slapped by a woman.  That was also the day I became an Eastwood fan.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2003, 09:39:02 AM »

That's a nice story, garyoperator!  :D
Blu

Would you like some of Bill Carson's tobacco too ?

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2003, 11:54:46 AM »

Of the few Clint items I have, I would have to say the most important piece of memorabilia is the ticket stub I have from his visit to San Francisco (Palace of Fine Arts) in '01 for a film clip montage of his career as a director, in-person onstage interview, reception of the San Francisco Film Festival's "Akira Kurosawa" Award for lifetime directing achievment in the film industry, and big screen showing of High Plains Drifter.

-Blu
« Last Edit: March 14, 2003, 11:58:58 AM by Blu » Logged

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin'[/b]...."
Buscemi

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2003, 05:20:09 AM »

The coolest thing I own are the pale rider ale labels Matt sent me. Thanx again Matt. They're awesome.

I'll have to try and get this Pale Rider Ale Poster that says. "You didn't expect him to make a salad dressing did you?" That would make a nice combination.
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2003, 11:39:13 AM »

I just mentioned this in the poster thread, but my favorite memorablia is a framed cepiatione picture of Clint as Josey Wales with his guns crossed.  If I ever met Eastwood and had that picture with me, I'd ask him to sign it for sure.
  That Dirty Harry pinball machine is pretty cool, I know of a restaraunt in Hampton Roads Va that has one of those.

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2003, 05:50:00 PM »

I just mentioned this in the poster thread, but my favorite memorablia is a framed cepiatione picture of Clint as Josey Wales with his guns crossed.  If I ever met Eastwood and had that picture with me, I'd ask him to sign it for sure.

Conan, you probably have the same picture I have.  Since I don't plan on ever having that picture with me and running into Clint, I bought a 3x5 card with a (what I believe to be) genuine autograph and framed it like this.  Looks cool.   8)

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2003, 05:55:55 PM »

The coolest thing I own are the pale rider ale labels Matt sent me. Thanx again Matt. They're awesome.

:)  You're welcome.  Here's what I did with mine:

Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2003, 08:21:50 PM »

Yea Matt, I have the same picture.

Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2003, 08:47:25 PM »

I got that picture, but its a full size poster. His one eye looks wierd, as though its been painted on.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2003, 12:07:09 AM »

Hey Matt.. I'm glad you showed us your Clint autograph. I got an autographed pic of Clint from Two Mules and the handwriting looks identical to yours. The pic was a birthday present last year and did come from a reliable source.
This is my fave and only real bit of Eastwood memorabilia.

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2003, 12:17:33 AM »

I bought that same Josey Wales picture matted (different mat) with an index card with his signature, and it came with a COA on eBay.  I spent quite a bit for it, and when I got it, I was really thrilled with it.  But then, I found this site (Cal provides the link through the site)

(EDIT... the original link no longer worked, but here's a new link that goes to the same article Autograph Collector, March, 1996)

And I immediately recognized that I had the "secretarial" autograph.  All of a sudden, this "treasure" that I had was suddenly worthless.  My main objective now was to find an "authentic" signature on a 3x5 card to replace the forged one.  I finally found this one, and it looked real to me.  It came with a COA too, but I've learned a lot since bidding on the first one... the COA usually isn't worth anything... most of the "authentic" autographs on eBay that come with the COA are secretarial signatures.  

Anyway, now that I've got one that I think is real, I'm happy again.  It's now one of my favorite things, and I value it highly.  So, let me ask those experts on the board... if you don't think that it's real... please don't tell me.  I'd rather be happy and believe it's real.  :D

On the other hand, if you're sure it is real ... you can tell me that.   :D ;)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2004, 09:06:07 PM by Matt » Logged
Buscemi

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2003, 12:54:16 PM »

:)  You're welcome.  Here's what I did with mine:

Hell, this looks awesome. Compared to yours mine should be well hidden.

I'll see if I can do something similar.
scubaroo

just hanging

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2003, 08:03:47 PM »

My fiance is an artist and his favorite star is also Clint. He sent an original personal oil painting to Clint and recieved a handwritten thank you letter from him and he added in the letter that he hung the painting above his mantel. The letter is framed and hanging on our wall. Since that time he has done another oil painting collage of clint in his favorite roles. It can be viewed at the website sedkaya.com in the gallery section under western paintings since I don't know how to insert an image here.
 SCUBAroo  

Scubaroo
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T