News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CLINT PICS!  (Read 490267 times)
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #600 on: March 24, 2013, 12:40:18 AM »

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #601 on: March 24, 2013, 09:59:49 AM »

^ That is a rather celebrated image by Annie Leibovitz (as your link shows). One of the best of Clint from that period.
JSE

Don't just do something, stand there...

View Profile Email
« Reply #602 on: March 24, 2013, 10:44:32 AM »

I'm not sure if you've seen this before but it's new to me.  A seller has a candid High Plains Drifter photo on eBay of Clint painting HELL on the Largo town sign. 

Sorry for the long url but I'm doing this on a 'not-that-smart phone'.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLINT-EASTWOOD-HIGH-PLAINS-DRIFTER-SUPER-RARE-BEHIND-SCENES-PHOTO-/190800962994?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6c9fa5b2
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #603 on: March 24, 2013, 10:55:49 AM »

^ Don't know how long the above link and this image will last, but here it is:

JSE

View Profile Email
« Reply #604 on: March 24, 2013, 11:07:39 AM »

thanks KC...
makemyday321

Email
« Reply #605 on: March 25, 2013, 05:36:14 PM »

Hey, City Heat was just ahead of it's time...  :)

http://johnstraub.blogspot.com/2011/01/clint-eastwood-badass-car-guy.html
That first pic, yikes....does anyone know why Maggie Johnson gets called "model" ?? She's so unattractive, especially for Clint (albeit he wasn't famous when he married her). There has to be some misunderstanding about her having been a model. Sorry if this sounds mean, but I don't think anyone disagrees.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:41:02 PM by VIP » Logged
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #606 on: March 26, 2013, 12:38:08 AM »

That first pic, yikes....does anyone know why Maggie Johnson gets called "model" ?? She's so unattractive, especially for Clint (albeit he wasn't famous when he married her). There has to be some misunderstanding about her having been a model. Sorry if this sounds mean, but I don't think anyone disagrees.

Very strange comment  :-\ ...

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
JSE

View Profile Email
« Reply #607 on: March 26, 2013, 06:25:26 AM »

You're right,  it does just sound mean...and I do disagree.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 06:27:10 AM by JSE » Logged
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #608 on: March 26, 2013, 11:24:22 AM »

You're right,  it does just sound mean...and I do disagree.

Very mean and I also disagree. :(

I don't want to sound funny VIP but you always seem more interested in Clint's private life, past lovers, his children and so on, instead of his fantastic movie career. :(
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #609 on: March 26, 2013, 05:39:29 PM »

Very mean and I also disagree. :(

I don't want to sound funny VIP but you always seem more interested in Clint's private life, past lovers, his children and so on, instead of his fantastic movie career. :(

I totally agree with TWOMULES. 

Maggie is very attractive with a lovely figure.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #610 on: March 27, 2013, 02:25:21 PM »

I think saying Maggie is unattractive is harsh, but I don't think she's a great beauty either. I don't know, these pictures may not be the best representations of her, but few of Eastwood's ladies are great beauties. Francis Fisher and Sondra Locke, both of whom Eastwood had long relationships with, were not gorgeous, either.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:29:12 PM by AKA23 » Logged
JSE

View Profile Email
« Reply #611 on: March 27, 2013, 03:27:20 PM »

OK but perceptions of what is beautiful change over time anyway,  many of the models back in the '50s would be considered overweight by today's standards and the 'girl next door' type appealed more back then too. Plus Maggie wasn't  a model how we think of them today,  she was just a swim suit model and for that I guess you need to have a nice figure and a nice smile which she looks like she has in photos.

There may be a slight element of our jumping to her defense as the original post was particularly vicious in it's remarks. What I also took exception to was the comment about Clint marrying Maggie before he was famous meant that it was therefore understandable why he was with this supposed 'unattractive' woman.  I like to think that Clint is a bit deeper than that! By all accounts Maggie was then and presumably is still an intelligent,  warm and outgoing person that had many friends and enjoyed life to the full and what's more she supported Clint financially during his struggling actor years. There's more to attractiveness than just looks... I'd definitely take a caring, intelligent girl next door over a gorgeous but ultimately shallow girl.

makemyday321

Email
« Reply #612 on: March 27, 2013, 05:26:06 PM »

I think saying Maggie is unattractive is harsh, but I don't think she's a great beauty either. I don't know, these pictures may not be the best representations of her, but few of Eastwood's ladies are great beauties. Francis Fisher and Sondra Locke, both of whom Eastwood had long relationships with, were not gorgeous, either.
Her hairstyles at the time made her look older, but even in later pictures when she had long hair, the change of style didn't do much for her. I agree about Frances not being a great beauty...AT ALL (though like Maggie she never really tried to be glamorous). But Sondra? Why some people don't consider her attractive mystifies me, she was by far the best looking of the four main loves of Clint's life.

The "few" great beauties you're referring to unfortunately can't be discussed here. I brought up Catherine Deneuve in an earlier post and it upset one of the moderators. That aside, on a professional level, it would have been something if those two starred in a movie together.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 06:03:04 PM by VIP » Logged
makemyday321

Email
« Reply #613 on: March 27, 2013, 05:28:31 PM »

What was her background? I didn't know she supported Clint at one time. Did she have a job? It's been years since I've read a book about Clint and don't remember all the details.
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #614 on: March 28, 2013, 12:51:57 AM »

Director John Sturges and Clint Eastwood on the Joe Kidd location. :)

Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #615 on: March 28, 2013, 01:05:23 AM »

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:16:34 AM by Sylvie » Logged

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
JSE

View Profile Email
« Reply #616 on: March 28, 2013, 01:16:00 AM »

What was her background? I didn't know she supported Clint at one time. Did she have a job? It's been years since I've read a book about Clint and don't remember all the details.

I've said all I'm going to say about it.  It's called private life for a reason and I would rather discuss Clint's body of work than who he or yourself find attractive or deem unattractive.
JSE

View Profile Email
« Reply #617 on: March 28, 2013, 01:18:45 AM »

Cool photo TWOMULES, not seen that one before.  Thanks.
TWOMULES

Email
« Reply #618 on: March 29, 2013, 05:40:49 AM »

Cool photo TWOMULES, not seen that one before.  Thanks.

You're welcome, JSE. :)
Lin Sunderland

Email
« Reply #619 on: March 29, 2013, 07:29:04 AM »

Great picture Sylvie. Thank you for posting it.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 64 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T