News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Selling Power Magazine  (Read 2625 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« on: July 14, 2005, 11:21:37 PM »

Clint is the cover story for the July/August edition of Selling Power. O0

SELLING POWER

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 03:57:19 AM »

Thanks tgy. 8)  Interesting to see Eastwood still getting noticed by people in other disciplines.
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 05:21:57 AM »

is that a uk mag - lilly?

england -  its flag the St George flag
Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 11:31:34 AM »

I've never seen it before, vik.  The website seems to be American.  I don't know whether it is on sale in the UK.
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 06:33:14 AM »

I wonder if they have interviewed him or are just writing about him?  Either way it sounds interesting.

WKC.

Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 04:21:29 PM »

The article is mentioned in a Selling Power press release on the Yahoo Finance site.  Some - but not all - of this was at tgy's original link on the Selling Power site.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050714/dcth033.html?.v=19

Press Release   Source: Selling Power Magazine

Motivation and Selling - Clint Eastwood-style
Thursday July 14, 12:35 pm ET

FREDERICKSBURG, Va., July 14 /PRNewswire/ -- The July/August Selling Power cover story, "Tough Act," profiles Hollywood legend Clint Eastwood, who's made a career of turning objections into star-studded successes.

During a Hollywood career spanning 50 years, Eastwood has heard every objection in the book. He still has the memo from a story editor who wrote about Unforgiven (for which Eastwood received his first Oscar for directing): "I can't think of one good thing to say about it. Except maybe get rid of it -- fast."

The inspirational July/August Selling Power cover story reports that real- life Clint Eastwood can spur on anyone determined to succeed. He's living proof that persistence and a belief in one's self are the foundations for success.

When Eastwood liked a short story he read about boxing, he took the idea to Warner Brothers. Although the story sounded interesting, boxing movies, he was told, weren't currently commercially appealing. Like any good salesman, Eastwood had a counter. Cut to February 2005 and Million Dollar Baby. Four Oscar awards later, everyone seems to have forgotten that boxing movies are box-office poison.

Eastwood uses three core beliefs -- built on confidence, commitment and control -- to achieve success. In the July/August Motivation article, "Purpose Driven Sales," Selling Power interviewed motivation expert Omar Periu to find out how core beliefs, such as Eastwood's, can create sales success. Periu also explains why low self-esteem, focusing on previous failures and a belief in fate are sales killers. In a 12-step training guide, sales managers have everything they need to put their sales team in the right frame of mind -- go ahead, make their day -- to meet company objectives.

Sales managers tend to overlook that motivation has little to do with compensation and much more to do with recognition and involvement with their staff. "The 24-'Carrot' Motivation" article is for them. In a recent survey conducted by the authors of The 24-Carrot Manager, feeling appreciated trumps cold-hard cash as a motivator every time. Selling Power informs managers how to appreciate their staff today.

As Eastwood proves, motivation and success are driven by core beliefs, positive attitude and hard work. Sales managers who want to achieve more success should emulate Clint -- it could change their destiny.

I wonder if they have interviewed him or are just writing about him?

Seems to be the latter, wkc.
Philo Beddoe Jr
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 01:49:58 AM »

Thanks Lilly.  He sure is an inspiration :).

WKC.

Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 01:48:14 PM »

You bet he is  8) 8)
One hell of a salesman  ;) ^-^

He knows exactly what he wants and how to get it...

Thanks for the link and excerpts guys  O0

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 02:09:54 PM »

The website seems to be American.  I don't know whether it is on sale in the UK.
Yep, it's American ... Virginia

Selling Power is a Registered Trademark and the property of Personal Selling Power Inc.
P.O. Box 5467 - 1140 International Pkwy. - Fredericksburg, VA 22406

Never seen it before either  ???

I like the cover BTW  8)

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T