News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 217 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movies I have watched this week  (Read 869263 times)
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #3840 on: March 28, 2016, 04:36:48 AM »

Eyes Without a Face

They don't make them like this no more.
8/10

Actually, they do...they just call it The Skin I Live In. But I know what you're saying.  ;)

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3841 on: April 01, 2016, 12:04:29 PM »

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)

I still like the first two in the series the best but this movie held my interest enough to want to continue.  I'm looking forward to seeing the last two.

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3842 on: April 01, 2016, 12:54:41 PM »

The High And The Mighty (1954)

I watched this with my uncle last night.  Not bad.  Interesting seeing Robert Stack working with John Wayne.  Being a Star Trek fan, I noticed William Campbell (Trelane in “The Squire Of Gothos”, Klingon Commander Koloth in “The Trouble With Tribbles”); Paul Fix (Dr. Mark Piper in “Where No Man Has Gone Before”) and David Brian (John Gill in “Patterns Of Force”).  Campbell stood out right away, his Star Trek characters are popular among fans and of course I also recognize him as one of the Reno Brothers (original film title, by the way) from Elvis’ first movie, Love Me Tender.  Paul Fix, of course, is instantly recognizable because of his portrayal of Micah in The Rifleman alongside Chuck Connors.  I didn’t recognize David Brian at first.  Later in the film, when it appeared the plane was going to crash, he was sweating and looked ill.  That’s when I recognized him from the Star Trek episode because in that his character was hunched over in a slump most of the time, heavily medicated and looked similar.  Earlier in the film when his character was introduced and a little later talking with Claire Trevor, I didn’t know who he was.  Kind of funny how that happens.  Not a film I plan on revisiting but it was good seeing for the first time.   

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3843 on: April 01, 2016, 01:44:28 PM »

Fireproof (2008)

Very good film.  Very good.

“Eyuh.”
Scorpio Killer

View Profile Email
« Reply #3844 on: April 01, 2016, 07:17:46 PM »

I like horror movies. They are the best. I like Friday the 13th Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, not 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 was eh, 13 was super awesome.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3845 on: April 01, 2016, 07:31:04 PM »

I watched Babe today, and it's a terrific movie. Christopher was right about that movie. He has really awesome taste in movies. :)

Matt
Scorpio Killer

View Profile Email
« Reply #3846 on: April 01, 2016, 07:32:25 PM »

;D :D ;D :D  Awww, Matt.... you know I've always looked up to you, since I was just an annoying little college Freshman.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3847 on: April 01, 2016, 07:33:36 PM »

And now you're a brilliant college professor and writer. :)

Matt
Scorpio Killer

View Profile Email
« Reply #3848 on: April 01, 2016, 07:35:44 PM »

Well....   ::)  I wouldn't exactly say....... brilliant.  After all, my favorite movie is still Cadet Kelly. But, I do teach at college.  ;D

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3849 on: April 01, 2016, 07:39:04 PM »

I didn't even have to look up Cadet Kelly because I've memorized every line in it. In reality I'm a closet Hilary Duff fanatic. And that's no April Fool.

Matt
Scorpio Killer

View Profile Email
« Reply #3850 on: April 01, 2016, 07:43:43 PM »

Well, she IS hot.  I don't blame you there one bit!  And a super amazing actress!  But, don't stop at Cadet Kelly ... keep going. She's got so many great movies!  And when you're done with those, Dakota Fanning.   Hotness. Total hotness. Babeness to the max.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3851 on: April 01, 2016, 08:40:26 PM »

In other words...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AsgxAa_wvZU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AsgxAa_wvZU</a>

Matt
Scorpio Killer

View Profile Email
« Reply #3852 on: April 01, 2016, 08:45:33 PM »

Yes! Although, I have much better hair than him!  :D
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3853 on: April 02, 2016, 12:37:15 PM »

I didn't even have to look up Cadet Kelly because I've memorized every line in it. In reality I'm a closet Hilary Duff fanatic. And that's no April Fool.

He finally admits it!  ;D
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3854 on: April 02, 2016, 12:39:20 PM »

:2funny:

You didn't quote the whole post!

Now I see who our little April Fool's joke was really on! ;D :D
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3855 on: April 02, 2016, 12:42:05 PM »

;D If only Brendan was around last night, the fun we would have had (okay, we actually had a lot of fun anyway!)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3856 on: April 02, 2016, 05:42:05 PM »

Just to make sure I've got this right ...

Matt was posting as "Christopher,", and Christopher was posting as "Matt," ... right? Matt was using a different account, so those posts still say "Christopher,", but Christopher changed his username temporarily, so the "Matt," posts are back to "Christopher" ... right?  :idiot2:  :D
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3857 on: April 02, 2016, 06:03:57 PM »

Yep! That's why I signed "Matt" at the end of those posts, or otherwise it would look really weird when I changed my name back to normal.

But as we can see, Matt can still use my "fake" posts against me. :D
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3858 on: April 02, 2016, 08:55:16 PM »

Yep! That's why I signed "Matt" at the end of those posts, or otherwise it would look really weird when I changed my name back to normal.

But as we can see, Matt can still use my "fake" posts against me. :D

Yes, we switched... it was a lot of fun!  ;D
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3859 on: April 03, 2016, 05:31:04 PM »

Y'all had more fun than I did.  I spent more quality time with my dad this weekend.  Not to diminish that, I do value our time together very much.  Up until recently, we've had a very rocky and difficult relationship.  We've come a long way since summer and that is priceless.

We watched these two films.  My dad thought the comedy was okay but didn't care for the Jack Ryan film.  I thought both were good.  Ryan could've been a better movie but it was passable.  Had Costner not been in it I wouldn't be hopeful for sequels.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 05:32:48 PM by Jed (Brian) Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 217 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T