News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 218 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movies I have watched this week  (Read 955949 times)
Phantomstranger
Member Extraordinaire

I Have A Horse, And The West Is Wide.

View Profile Email
« Reply #3600 on: September 18, 2015, 05:56:11 PM »

'Captain Blood' (1935)
-Errol Flynn
Plot: IMDB

Arrested during the Monmouth Rebellion and falsely convicted of treason, Dr. Peter Blood is banished to the West Indies and sold into slavery. In Port Royal, Jamaica the Governor's daughter Arabella Bishop buys him for £10 to spite her uncle, Col. Bishop who owns a major plantation. Life is hard for the men and for Blood as well. By chance he treats the Governor's gout and is soon part of the medical service. He dreams of freedom and when the opportunity strikes, he and his friends rebel taking over a Spanish ship that has attacked the city. Soon, they are the most feared pirates on the seas, men without a country attacking all ships. When Arabella is prisoner, Blood decides to return her to Port Royal only to find that it is under the control of England's new enemy, France. All of them must decide if they are to fight for their new King.

Phantom's Review:
For night five of "International Talk Like A Pirate Day" week, I've chosen, this, a true Hollywood classic. One of the great swashbuckling adventure, with one of it's greatest stars, Errol Flynn. Spectacular action, a gorgeous leading lady, and plenty of high seas adventure. This is one of early Hollywood's best films. If you like classic films, this one is for you.

They'd never forget, the day the stranger rode into town.
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3601 on: September 20, 2015, 05:45:22 AM »

^ agreed.Awesome film.Need to re-watch my DVD someday...soon  ;)
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #3602 on: September 26, 2015, 11:29:46 PM »

The Innocents

>:D

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3603 on: September 28, 2015, 06:23:29 AM »

Had the opportunity to watch these before and after The New England Patriots' victory yesterday.  Love both of these films.

“Eyuh.”
Phantomstranger
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3604 on: September 30, 2015, 11:04:25 PM »

"Iron Sky" (2012)
In the last moments of World War II, a secret Nazi space program evaded destruction by fleeing to the Dark Side of the Moon. During 70 years of utter secrecy, the Nazis construct a gigantic space fortress with a massive armada of flying saucers.

Phantom's Review: This has got to be one of the most ridiculous movies ever made, yet it's surprisingly entertaining.. some good acting, decent FX ,plenty of humor and some sexy girls. It's a real "Leave Your Brain At The Door' movie, but it's plenty of fun.

higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3605 on: October 04, 2015, 08:46:39 PM »

" Gone Girl "     2014   By David Fincher.  With Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike.     Good thriller!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gone_Girl_(film)

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Shannonsmith1993

Email
« Reply #3606 on: October 07, 2015, 07:29:55 AM »

Salem's Lot 1979 TV movie with Geoffrey Lewis in it  :-*
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3607 on: October 11, 2015, 10:37:47 AM »

O0 O0
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3608 on: October 13, 2015, 11:22:09 PM »

Watched Forrest Gump earlier this evening.  It is a very solid movie. And very well acted by Tom Hanks. However as good as this movie is it is not one I want to watch over and over again. Not even once a year. It does have some very memorable scenes and lines. But I am little surprised it has an IMDb rating of 8.8. I think that's a little high. Personally I would score it a solid 7.
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3609 on: October 14, 2015, 03:14:49 AM »

Watched Forrest Gump earlier this evening.  It is a very solid movie. And very well acted by Tom Hanks. However as good as this movie is it is not one I want to watch over and over again. Not even once a year. It does have some very memorable scenes and lines. But I am little surprised it has an IMDb rating of 8.8. I think that's a little high. Personally I would score it a solid 7.

I'd say 6 at the best
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3610 on: October 17, 2015, 02:25:30 AM »

Ya I was being pretty generous with the 7 rating. The movie defenately has some good scenes. I espicially liked the scene where he was scene next to that mayor or whoever that guy was giving the speech. That was pretty funny. But the movie kind of dragged along and it was kind of scrambled a little. So I could go as low as a 6. But not any lower. I was very surprised by the 8.8 rating.
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3611 on: October 17, 2015, 11:26:15 AM »

was good  :)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3612 on: October 17, 2015, 03:22:31 PM »

White House Down (2013)

Ok. Not very memorable.

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3613 on: October 17, 2015, 03:33:16 PM »

R.I.P.D. (2013)

More entertaining than White House Down, but not by leaps and bounds.

“Eyuh.”
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3614 on: October 17, 2015, 04:07:02 PM »

The Bourne Identity (2002), The Bourne Supremacy (2004) and The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)

Relaxing at my wife's brother's place in Maine this weekend.  Enjoying some down time with some reading, keeping the fire going and watching some great movies. 

I began my stay with two of Eastwood's best westerns and considered watching the first three Dirty Harry films but decided to take a break from Eastwood for a different series I enjoy.

I'm a fan of these films.  While I found 2012's The Bourne Legacy entertaining, I would've preferred to see Matt Damon return in the title role.  I like Jeremy Renner, but only Damon is perfect in these movies.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 04:10:37 PM by Jed [Brian] Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Phantomstranger
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3615 on: October 17, 2015, 04:17:18 PM »

"Turbo Kid" (2015)
In a post-apocalyptic future, THE KID, a young solitary scavenger obsessed with comic books must face his fears and become a reluctant hero when he meets a mysterious girl named APPLE. Despite their efforts to keep to themselves, ZEUS, the sadistic and self-proclaimed leader of the Wasteland, plagues THE KID and APPLE. Armed with little more than blind faith and an ancient turbocharged weapon, THE KID learns of justice and friendship and embarks on an incredible journey to rid the Wasteland of evil and save the girl of his dreams.

Phantom's Review:
There are some movie's that are bad, but fun and there are some movies that are just plain bad..and then there's "Turbo Kid" . A film that is absolutely amazing in it's awfulness. It's the kind of film, that after it's over. you get up and open a window to let the stink out. Bad on every level, but not even funny bad, just BAD. A waste of time.

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3616 on: October 17, 2015, 04:20:44 PM »

Thanks, Phantomstranger ... now tell us what you REALLY thought about "Turbo Kid"! ;D
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3617 on: October 17, 2015, 04:31:39 PM »

^^^Sorry the film was such a disappointment, Phantomstranger. Hope the next one makes up for it and you can keep your window closed.   ;)

“Eyuh.”
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3618 on: October 18, 2015, 01:23:43 AM »

I re watched the Robert Redford movie last night All Is Lost 2013..
I really enjoyed this even second time round... I could picture Clint in this but Redford does a fantastic job...

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3619 on: October 18, 2015, 07:54:25 PM »

I re watched the Robert Redford movie last night All Is Lost 2013..
I really enjoyed this even second time round... I could picture Clint in this but Redford does a fantastic job...

I watched that movie when it came out on DVD. I personally didn't care for it mainly because there's no talking in it. Just Redford on a boat all by himself. However I am wanting to watch it again because I may have a better perspective on it. For some reason I think I will like it more if I watch it again. I remember back in 2000 when the movie Cast Away came out I didn't think I would like it. Because it's mostly just Hanks by himself and again not a lot of talking. But He talks a lot more than Redford did in All is Lost. But I did enjoy Cast Away very much. And again I think I will like All is Lost more if I watch it again.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 218 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T